E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #1681
The_Don

My Ride: 2001, 325Ci
Well, common sense tells me he didn't teleport through a time vortex and mysteriously end up in trayvons personal space. Again, I'm interested to hear an intelligent interpretation of how he ended up in an altercation without pursuing or stalking. Or, even better, what "evidence" is there that Zimmerman didn't continue his approach after the call was over? Nah. Never mind. I'm not going to play that mindless game of 'evidence article number 3' with you guys. You all deserve better than that. I'm interested in common sense insights, but that doesn't seem to be the game here.

For Sale
The_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #1682
SB_RavenE46

My Ride: 330CI ,06 R6, S1000
Send a message via Yahoo to SB_RavenE46
Can't believe you guys are really still talking about this o.O
Old 06-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #1683
The_Don

Lol. This issue is so polarizing, I just had to participate. Plus, the drama of Florida's criminal cases are fascinating. You can never tell what is going to happen.

For Sale
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 AM   #1684
SB_RavenE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Don View Post
Lol. This issue is so polarizing, I just had to participate. Plus, the drama of Florida's criminal cases are fascinating. You can never tell what is going to happen.
I get it kinda, I guess I just don't understand why people care this much.. only the kid and zim where there but everyone has there own version of what happened... SMH enjoy
Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #1685
The_Don

That is true. Some people, myself included, find it curious when a kid gets killed, and the killer doesn't get arrested until 45 days after the incident. A situation like this leads to a lot of questions about interpretation of law, current social bias', media spin, etc. Kinda fun when your in the right mood.

For Sale
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #1686
SB_RavenE46

I'm not surprised at all he didn't get arrested ,he had the law on his side (thanks to Florida) but I'm not saying anything else lol I'm unscribing

Enjoy guys
Old 06-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #1687
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00stephen View Post
Why are you pontificating about how rednecks would hypothetically settle disagreements? Because its more politically correct than mentioning another demographic from a lower economic class? Last I read, we don't have an endemic of rednecks killing one another in the streets stemming from a culture internal to that demographic, which glorifies violence and criminality.

The White House summit on youth violence? Yeah, it's all about redneck kids beating the crap of each other, flashing wannabe gang signs, and filling our urban ER's with gunshot wounds to each other.

Call stuff for what it is, and only then will you make progress in identifying the problem and its solutions.
Another mental myopic that gets caught up in words, split hairs, and misses the point of the post.
The last thing those who know me would call me is politically correct.
I pick on rednecks because I don't like them, their culture and anything related to them.
Rednecks are famous for doing stupid things. Comedians have made a career making jokes about rednecks (Foxworthy). Go watch Idiocracy and report back.

Pontificating.

Last edited by Master Po; 06-06-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #1688
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I'm actually outraged that a defendant's personal financial information would even be probed in a bail hearing. This isn't Vacation "how much you got?", this is a court of law. Bail is set ONLY to secure a defendant's appearance at trial or to prevent them from committing further crimes. The amount of money someone has is legally irrelevant, or should be.
Doesn't it have to be, though? I mean, the bail has to be set low enough to be attainable for the individual to get bonded out (otherwise there's not much point) but high enough to make it worth his while to show back up so he doesn't forfeit the $, all while keeping the seriousness of the crime in mind. So don't personal finances have to be considered?

Someone with a zillion $ in the bank (or in a Swiss bank) might not think twice about bouncing on a bail amount that would be unattainable for someone of more modest means.
+1
I wondered about that as well.
I learned that much just by watching Law and Order.
And AOG claims to have been a NY ADA? McCoy would not be happy.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #1689
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
+1
I wondered about that as well.
I learned that much just by watching Law and Order.
And AOG claims to have been a NY ADA? McCoy would not be happy.
We didn't have such questioning in my County. Regardless, I still disagree with it in the places where it is practiced.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #1690
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
His call to police dispatch is a good start. He was told not to apprehend but he did anyway. I am open to hearing "evidence" to the contrary.

You have to admit that Zimmerman profiled and had his mind made up that trayvon was a thug based on his call to police. Thats my interpretation at least. Just look up zimmermans past calls to police and tell me what you think then. Again, i am open to coherent explanations or alternate interpretations as to what happened. But please, enough of respinning what you heard on your favorite opinion based news station. It's been 84 pages of rehashed spin and pissing matches. Myself included, even though I'm a late entry, but I'm trying to do my best here.
Apprehend....right. Listen to the call, and then come back and post.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #1691
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Well, common sense tells me he didn't teleport through a time vortex and mysteriously end up in trayvons personal space. Again, I'm interested to hear an intelligent interpretation of how he ended up in an altercation without pursuing or stalking. Or, even better, what "evidence" is there that Zimmerman didn't continue his approach after the call was over? Nah. Never mind. I'm not going to play that mindless game of 'evidence article number 3' with you guys. You all deserve better than that. I'm interested in common sense insights, but that doesn't seem to be the game here.
Umm....legal analysis fail. What evidence is there that he CONTINUED to follow and instigate?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #1692
The_Don

Lol. That was the whole point of my 'evidence' line. I'm not a dilettante lawyer trying to make a case for the prosecution or defense. I'm trying to get you guys to explain how Zimmerman ended up in close enough proximity to Tayvon for there to be a scuffle, shooting, etc. if Zimmerman didn't approach him. I'm not particularly interested in legal jargon and rhetoric as much as I am interested in seeing if anyone can use deductive reasoning and provide a train of thought based on solid premises for their conclusions. If you dont think that zimmerman approached the kid, thats fine with me. What else could have possibly happened? I'm interested in hearing what others have to say. That's all. Pretty simple really.

For Sale
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #1693
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Lol. That was the whole point of my 'evidence' line. I'm not a dilettante lawyer trying to make a case for the prosecution or defense. I'm trying to get you guys to explain how Zimmerman ended up in close enough proximity to Tayvon for there to be a scuffle, shooting, etc. if Zimmerman didn't approach him. I'm not particularly interested in legal jargon and rhetoric as much as I am interested in seeing if anyone can use deductive reasoning and provide a train of thought based on solid premises for their conclusions. If you dont think that zimmerman approached the kid, thats fine with me. What else could have possibly happened? I'm interested in hearing what others have to say. That's all. Pretty simple really.
Even if he did it doesn't matter. What matters is who initiated the conflict, the actual physical conflict. You can walk up to anyone on the street and ask them a question in any way you want. That does not give them the right to strike you no matter how insulted they may feel.

Zimmerman said he was going back to the car after he LOST SIGHT OF Trayvon Martin and then Martin followed him and then ish went down. I believe he even says on the 911 tape that he lost him.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #1694
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Treyvon snuck around and jumped him. The evidence (911 tape) shows that a solid 2 minutes after he was told to stop following him, Zimmerman had no idea where Martin was. That is plenty to put a hole in the "following" angle, not to mention, following is not against the law. Maybe Martin saw Zimmerman on the phone, staring at him, and got pissed, who knows. What we do know, is that there is NO evidence of Zimmerman following martin, and injuries and witnesses that support Zimmerman's story.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #1695
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Umm....legal analysis fail. What evidence is there that he CONTINUED to follow and instigate?
The DEAD BODY.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #1696
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Zimmerman said
I think I've found your problem.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1697
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
The DEAD BODY.
Congrats you just went full retard.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #1698
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Congrats you just went full retard.
So I've reached your level?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #1699
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post

You can keep your underlying reasoning out of the discussion in order to make it sound better if you wish.

But the fact remains it's hypocritical to judge a subject for being judgmental, and to consider yourself better than a subject because they consider themselves better than someone else.
Woah slow down sport. Seems like I struck a nerve. So now you're judging me for calling out judmental people I happen to come across. This is hilarious. But if that's your thing have at it.

phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #1700
Big Geek

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
So I've reached your level?
You know how I know your a republican?
Big Geek is offline   Reply With Quote