E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
SCAMMER ALERT - Ryan Davies aka SpeedTheory

Just wanna bring something to everyone's attention on here. I recently posted on E46F about looking for a coder. A guy that I had thought was trustworthy, by the name of Ryan Davies, messaged me. He came into our office and we set up a contract for him to do 10 hours @ $50 an hour. We gave him $500 as a retainer to perform the work in good faith. He came in ONCE after that to talk about our needs and performed some work on one of our wordpress pages (2 hours of solid work, generous here). After that, NOTHING. The guy goes MIA for 2 months. Doesn't reply to emails or anything. Then out of no where, he tells my partner he was MIA due to some family issues. Almost simultaneously, he tells me he's fed up with our company because we can't provide him the simple things he's asked for. He asked for a list of what needs to be done, we gave him that... not rocket science. (he says he never saw the email when I forwarded him the confirmed sent email) The list goes on of all the ****ed up **** he's done and tried to blame on us. At the end of the day, he's blocked both of us on Facebook and hasn't replied to any emails, especially after saying he'd be willing to give us a refund and part ways.

https://www.facebook.com/RyanDDavies

#popcorn

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/member.php?u=46870
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
I've thought him to be a dbag for years.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
SpeedTheory

My Ride: Red queermobile
Send a message via AIM to SpeedTheory
The 8 hours I was paid for (mind you, I gave an incredibly discounted rate to your friends, as a result of a PROMISE to be an easy client to work with and a non-profit) were burned up in transit and meetings. (Four meetings, hour transit time, 2 hour meetings). Add that into the massive number of phone calls (all of my clients are billed at a one hour minimum per call), and the development work completed, and the pay I've been given, you guys made out like bandits.

If you'd like to speak to my lawyer, I'm happy to get that ball rolling so I can collect on the unpaid hours worked. Let me know . I have no interest in dealing with this situation any further, as this whole ordeal has proven to cost me a lot of time where I could be working for clients who actually pay me and fulfill their obligations.

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
SpeedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
JordanBMW

My Ride: 320i 2002 steel blue
Send a message via MSN to JordanBMW Send a message via Skype™ to JordanBMW
Lol I'd never hire you, I'm surprised people even give you any money with that business ethic. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
your business model will fail if you bill 1 hour for every single call regardless of time spent, and to say you include transit times as part of the pay is obnoxious unless that was clearly agreed upon in the SOW. Do you all have a valid and signed contract. These aspects should all be noted in that, and if they aren't moving forward you both know what to include so the other parties you deal with are on the same page.

If Ryan truely did not respond for 2 months to phone calls or emails from the business partner after the fact of starting the agreed upon work then that is an extremely terrible business practice.

Ryan, if nothing else you should have replied to a single email stating what you've written above and left it at that not just continue leaving a business partner hanging wondering what happened to you.

Last edited by JohnBlaze; 03-29-2012 at 01:55 PM.
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTheory View Post
The 8 hours I was paid for (mind you, I gave an incredibly discounted rate to your friends, as a result of a PROMISE to be an easy client to work with and a non-profit) were burned up in transit and meetings. (Four meetings, hour transit time, 2 hour meetings). Add that into the massive number of phone calls (all of my clients are billed at a one hour minimum per call), and the development work completed, and the pay I've been given, you guys made out like bandits.

If you'd like to speak to my lawyer, I'm happy to get that ball rolling so I can collect on the unpaid hours worked. Let me know . I have no interest in dealing with this situation any further, as this whole ordeal has proven to cost me a lot of time where I could be working for clients who actually pay me and fulfill their obligations.
rofl
are you serious?
so your contract states all this?
that you bill an hour minimum for any phonecall made?
i'd love to know whether there was a contract that included all these terms or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
oh i love interwebz drama!
MDydinanM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
bpalm004

My Ride: E36 M3 Sedan
I've seen this situation before and given the amount of evidence OP has and the lack of the perpetrator doesn't have, I would say Mr. Davies is in no condition to be making threats at all.

Just do everyone a favor and reason with him, return the money, and call it a day.
bpalm004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
I know that Speedtheory is a douche bag (on every site he is on), but really, If you got a legal issue, you should have a lawyer.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Ryan Davies is my baby daddy and he owes me 2 months child support.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
lol
Old 03-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
They don't call him Dougmoney for nothing.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #13
bagher

ScamTheory
Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #14
JordanBMW

My Ride: 320i 2002 steel blue
Send a message via MSN to JordanBMW Send a message via Skype™ to JordanBMW
I suggest you open up a case with your police department or lawyer so they can contact his. Even if you don't get refunded your going to cause him a lot of hassle.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
SpeedTheory

My Ride: Red queermobile
Send a message via AIM to SpeedTheory
Post the contract on here please .

Foundation Autosport
Ryan D. Davies
#193 ES Miata R
SpeedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTheory View Post

Hours working, doing what? What have you delivered? Absolutely nothing. Feel free to get your lawyer involved to collect this money, it'll be an absolute joke. Transit time? Really? 3 miles of commute. Charging an hour per call? Are you kidding me? Talk about a absolute douchebag comment, let's just make up these billable fields that were never agreed upon then try to charge your client.

Let's just block myself and my business partner on Facebook because that's the mature thing to do. You knew we were going to try to track you down for this money.

It was our fault you didn't want to perform the work and were too ignorant to change the SOW, yea that makes sense. Way to run a business.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
bagher

Professional: Using facebook and e46fanatics to contact someone about work
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #18
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

Unfortunately, a formal contract was never drafted on both parties to perform this work. My contract was the lingo was used in emails and the first in-person meeting to confirm that we, the client, and him, Douchebag LLC, agreed to perform the work at the rate of $50/hr. Lesson learned, no matter the situation, always draft a formal contract. I guess I should post a thread asking if a person is a douche before doing business because had I gotten these "he's historically a douchebag" posts then we wouldn't have gone forward with the retainer. Here is some email traffic. Basically confirms him admitting being really shitty in delivering the work, offering a refund, saying he never said he offered a refund, me copying his own words, then him not responding anymore. Draw your own conclusions, a lawyer would laugh in your face. BJ, you're retarded. We're a community and I should feel comfortable asking someone to do some contract work on here, call me crazy.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: Hey
To: Nayef Issa

PS: I recognize I've been MIA with some life issues, I'm happy to chop the total in half for you guys as a result. I've been really shitty in getting this done, and I completely recognize that.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Ryan Davies wrote:

I'll get cranking on it right now . Want to get together one night next week?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Nayef Issa wrote:

What is left to be done? I thought u had done most of the things?
we want of the background images changed so as long as u set it up so all we have to do is go in and upload an image
not sure what else you needed.
I know The home page was the last thing that needed to be finished.

we need the twitter feed on there
as well as upcoming events.
need a calendar of events on there under events that is able to show flyers somethign along the lines of this but is also linked to the facebook invite as well
www.nightlifeagency.com check out their events sections and how its linked to their twitter and facebook we would like that same

What is the time frame Sir.
Kia, sumi, fatema do you guys have anything to add?

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Ryan Davies wrote:

Just give me a line-item list of everything that needs to get done.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Nayef Issa wrote:

Not sure what's going man. I hope everything is ok, but i have not heard from you for a while now. Wanted to move forward with going live with the miss sinergy website while the tempo website is being designed

Huy Do Mar 2
Ryan, What's the deal man, why the lack of communication? Did they piss you o...
Ryan Davies ryandavies@gmail.com

Mar 2

to me
I've had enough honestly. I put in an estimate for 15 hours of work to begin with (trying to be friendly). I've now spent more than that much time (what my overall paycheck is) on meetings + calls. I've asked repeatedly for just a line-item list of what needs to be done, I give up. I've tried as much as I can to be accomodating. I requested a "what needs to be done" list several times. If they want their money back from the deposit, I'll paypal right now, but I don't physically have the time or ability for a thousand in-person meetings or calls.

Mar 2

to me
FWIW, this has NOTHING to do with you. I'm REALLY sorry you're stuck in the middle of this. I've just been shown ZERO respect for my time.
Huy Do

Mar 2

to Ryan

I see where you are coming from. No love lost man. Really sorry it's become so time consuming, they're a home grown shop which would explain the lack of direction and the need for these random meetings. Truly didn't foresee it turning into this.

Is it possible that you can interface with just me so we can get everything done, maybe even increase the billable hours? If you are too busy now to tackle this then it's understandable. Let me know buddy.

Sent from my Galaxy S2.

Huy Do Mar 12
Ok well, can you please give us a refund? Truly sorry this didn't work out.

Mar 12

to me
I put WAY over the hours in which I was paid into meetings and transit alone and the work I completed.
Huy Do

Mar 12

to Ryan, bcc: Nayef
You offered the refund.

Please see the email below between you and Nayef at the very bottom. I'm confused at this point as to what you're telling me and what you've already told him. You told me they never gave you a line item list, I can clearly see it in the email below that they did provide you with a list of items that needed to be done. You then went MIA due to family issues and it seems like everything was back to normal. Another month goes by and we're back to square one.

Not trying to be a dick here, just trying to mediate this because I'm the one that brought you in.

Thanks,
Huy

Mar 12

to me
Yeah, I offered at that point to chop the total in half. I never got the email with those items listed. Also, with those items, the amount would have FAR exceeded my estimate. I never offered a refund. I've spent far more than the 5 hours I've been compensated for meeting and dealing with this. My time isn't free.
Huy Do

Mar 12

to Ryan, bcc: Nayef, bcc: Fatema
"If they want their money back from the deposit, I'll paypal right now, but I don't physically have the time or ability for a thousand in-person meetings or calls." Did you not say that? I have nothing to gain from this transaction, why would I make stuff up? As for you not receiving that list of things to be done, I don't know what happened there. Let's just chalk it up to lost in translation.

So from the work that you did do, changing the scrolling on the website, that exceeded the time you allocated for this project? Are you really going to charge them for your commute from Falls Church to Falls Church? Answering emails? Miss Sinergy isn't even a profitable organization. They donate everything to their cause, unlike Invisible Children. Obviously there was a huge fail in communication and estimating the work load. After your initial consultation, it could have easily been determined that the expectations from the client vs. what you were going to bill was completely way off and you could have stopped the project right there. But, it wasn't. You also could have easily changed the SOW and gave a new quote for the work after your initial meeting. They would have been happy to pay it.

You did do some work, which they will pay for. I deal with contracts for the Navy every day, writing SOWs, RFPs, all sorts of **** like this that's mission critical. Fundamentally, there are a lot of problems in the process on both sides of the field. Enough that you couldn't possibly place anyone at fault. With that being said, I think at least $250 back is fair for what you did do and y'all part ways.

Thanks,
Huy
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
Professional: Using facebook and e46fanatics to contact someone about work
All other forms of communications were ignored.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

4 meetings? How about 2 total meetings. The first which was just us meeting you in person for the first time to discuss the project and if you were to even come on board. The second one, a 15-30 minute session with my partner to go over work that's been done. Meetings #3, you never showed up, we waited at the office that Thursday for you. Meeting #4, imaginary.