E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #41
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
seeing halos after lasik does not depend on how bad your eyesight was before
it's dependent on what kind of laser is used
because the older lasers had a smaller effective coverage DIAMETER ... so if your pupils dilate to a greater diameter than what the laser can cover, then it makes sense that you will see halos because the laser did not correct your vision all the way to the outer edges
supposedly the newer lasers can do bigger diameter so there is less halo issue

i'm still holding off on getting something done on my eyes
i see 20/40 while wearing -6.5 and -8.0 prescription lenses, which means my actual eyesight is worse
and i have pretty bad astigmatism
sucks to be so blind but i'm still doing the research to find what might be the best procedure for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 04-02-2012 at 01:59 AM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #42
Bimmage01

My Ride: 330ci ZSP
Had PRK done about a year ago and it was the best money i've ever spent. About 4K total. Healing time was a bit longer and a bit of pain the first few days but overall it was the absolute best thing I ever did! Hope all is still going well with you.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #43
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Informative thread.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
shwagon
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Informative thread.
Very much so!

Hey SolidJake,

How much did this cost you? Did your insurance pay for any of it?
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #45
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
$3500. I had Intralase with Customview

www.diamondvision.com

I will give the receipt to my insurance (VSP) and see IF they even give back anything. If not that's okay.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #46
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Hey guys. Just letting you all know all is well. The surgery took like 5 minutes to do from laying down to getting backup. It's crazy how I could see the flap be pulled back and put back on :| it was very interesting overall but I'm happy as hell now that I can wake up in the middle of the night and see everything.

My eyes really aren't bothering me like dryness etc. vision is improving a lot over the past 15 hours. If you're thinking about doing the procedure just do it.
funny you mentioned this cause I was discussing with my wife the past few days. $3500 huh? tuff choice between lasik or an AA SC lol. your vision should be better now; I heard its great the first day, then blurrs up as it heals, and then becomes awesome. did you experience that?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #47
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
It was blurry the first 24hrs or so. I can so clear as hell right now. Only thing is still seeing the lights at night a bit stronger around them (like how lights look in the fog) and my eyes are just dry when I wake up. Some eye drops and all is well. Best thing I ever did.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #48
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
IntraLasik here, done in Dallas (well, Plano) by Dr. Boothe. Had a nice steak dinner with the Boothes and others a few years ago, and after being introduced, I expressed the usual fears and doubts, which he answered patiently and expertly. Had the procedure done a couple of weeks later, and I have to tell you, it's best elective change I've ever done for myself (right up there with my vasectomy). Had my left eye done for near, my right for far sight (the brain sorts it out after a week or two) and the results were immediate. I could have probably driven myself home that afternoon (not recommended, just saying the change was that dramatic).

Dr. Boothe has a vapid personality (he meets all the patients, with a cold-fish handshake), but other than that, his team does some amazing work. There was a woman from Alaska here during one of my follow-ups, she actually traveled here for a couple of months to have the procedure done by him "because everyone says he's the best," so there's that.

Four years later, I still see well enough to fix my wife's jewelry, read fine print, watch 3D movies, and focus from 8-9" away to infinity. I would wholeheartedly recommend the procedure, as the slight lifestyle adjustments (some flaring of lights at night, for example) are minor and not at all an inconvenience for me. Leaving the damn glasses behind? Priceless...
I'm going to check this guy out tomorrow for an consultation
Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #49
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
Wow! That's a great result, Jake. Can't wait to do it as well... unfortunately similar procedures cost a lost more here than the US.

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #50
CRAZED

My Ride: Toyota
I have been thinking of getting LASIK done. A couple of my friends had it done with no issues. I was waiting for the snowboarding season to end, in hopes of getting it done before summer. Anyone have any good LASIK MDs in the LoS Angeles area they would recommend?
CRAZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #51
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
I'm going to check this guy out tomorrow for an consultation
LMK thinking about going to him as well
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #52
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Dammit, I need to do this. I've been saying that for years, though.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #53
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
This site lasikcomplications.com is totally against the procedure, but from what I've read it's usually the people that should have been disqualified from the procedure but the doctor had it done regardless which leads to more problems. I'm going to check out lasikplus as well for an consultation so I can get opinions from both doctors lol that site has gotten me a little paranoid

Although technology has changed significantly, anyone know any patients that have had the surgery for 10 years +?

Last edited by zikhkd; 04-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #54
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Congrats Jakub.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #55
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Solid c0ck jake
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #56
DaN_the_MaN

My Ride: 2011 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
hope all goes well....i'm too chicken to get it.....
Same!
DaN_the_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #57
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Only thing is still seeing the lights at night a bit stronger around them (like how lights look in the fog)
this is something I was expecting and never got. I have all but forgotten that I even got it done. The eyes being dry did happen after the first month and cames out when I drank alot of alcohol. I havent purchased the drops in about a month.

i was -4.0 and now 20/20

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to priase you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #58
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
Can the procedure address astigmatism?

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #59
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Quote:
Hey guys. Just letting you all know all is well. The surgery took like 5 minutes to do from laying down to getting backup. It's crazy how I could see the flap be pulled back and put back on :| it was very interesting overall but I'm happy as hell now that I can wake up in the middle of the night and see everything.

My eyes really aren't bothering me like dryness etc. vision is improving a lot over the past 15 hours. If you're thinking about doing the procedure just do it.
Dude that would freak me the fcuk out ... seeing some dude get close to my eye with something :| ... how do you not freak out? haha
Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #60
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
This site lasikcomplications.com is totally against the procedure, but from what I've read it's usually the people that should have been disqualified from the procedure but the doctor had it done regardless which leads to more problems. I'm going to check out lasikplus as well for an consultation so I can get opinions from both doctors lol that site has gotten me a little paranoid

Although technology has changed significantly, anyone know any patients that have had the surgery for 10 years +?