E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #181
ViciousK38

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Thanks MrWhite. I may go ahead and hotglue the Enco provided camera in place to avoid additional cost and time. Once I make a complete hash of it, I will then take your good advice and buy a camera that actually fits.

By the way, which video connection on the Enco unit should the video line connect to?
ViciousK38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #182
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousK38 View Post
Thanks MrWhite. I may go ahead and hotglue the Enco provided camera in place to avoid additional cost and time. Once I make a complete hash of it, I will then take your good advice and buy a camera that actually fits.

By the way, which video connection on the Enco unit should the video line connect to?
the brown line in, is the one youll want.
join the two pink connections for the reverse trigger.

good luck

before you hotglue the camera, check its going to be in the right position on the screen for where it sits... also be careful with the soldered connections in the camera... they are VERY sensitive, or you may have to resolder...not that I had to do that or anything

Last edited by mrwhite; 04-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #183
ViciousK38

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
I suspected it was the brown line in. Now to splice some power lines (got the soldering gun ready, in case I break anything).

On another note, my B-146 is now working quite well. I anticipate another couple of freeze ups, but hopefully nothing that I can't fix with the resets and other fixes posted here.

Anyone have a good review of Petrut's Wince patch, optional programs, functionality?

I want a better music player aside from the SD card player on the B-146. The one that comes with the Igo Primo software looks better, but I have yet to try it out. My hope is that the Wince Patch will let me use a windows based media player that is easy to access. Anyone doing this now?
ViciousK38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #184
mrwhite

snap in connectors make splicing nice and easy, may need to trim the plastic on the wire a little bit though

Old 04-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #185
fbrimfield

My Ride: E46 318i
Hey Everyone, i'm new to the forum. Long time lurker, first time poster

I think I saw this mentioned in a couple posts but not sure. One HUGE issue i'm having is that the volume is so incredibly sensitive on iPod mode. Using both my iPod (5th gen) and iPhone (4S), essentially you can't go past '3' on volume before it gets too loud. It means that if I use it in iPod mode I have to be extremely careful about changing the volume, and its so annoying that i've stopped using iPod mode all together and use bluetooth/aux in.

Anyone else encountering this issue? And are there any solutions?
fbrimfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #186
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
has anybody done the USB mod for wifi? if so, how well does it work and do you any pics of how it was done?

I would like to get a visual idea of how it looks and how the wires were routed from the unit before I do mine..

Last edited by haurelio; 04-25-2012 at 10:15 AM.
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #187
petrut

My Ride: bmw e46
no need for usb mod. will work with my wifi patch directly.
petrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #188
haurelio

ah nice. just to re-confirm. there is no need to solder anything. it will work out of the box when using both of your patches?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #189
petrut

i hope so
no one tested wifi yet but the hardware support it
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #190
mrwhite

ohh

I asked this question a while back but didnt get an answer..
would have tried it if so, if was prospect of mod that put me off
in that case i might give it a go
but
do you lose the original bmw logo splash screen completely, in place of the windows and iphone style one ?
I quite like the original one with the logo so would like option to go to it at times

Last edited by mrwhite; 04-25-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #191
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-Antenna-...ht_2470wt_1189

Would this antenna work? Mine is faulty and Jolly told me to buy another one to try. If it works she will reimburse.
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #192
petrut

@mrwhite, NO
the windows and iphone menu can be seen ONLY if you press navi button. You have 2 operating systems in that unit...
Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #193
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welke View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-Antenna-...ht_2470wt_1189

Would this antenna work? Mine is faulty and Jolly told me to buy another one to try. If it works she will reimburse.
Looks like it will. The connector seems to be the same. Most of the
are pretty standard
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #194
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrut View Post
@mrwhite, NO
the windows and iphone menu can be seen ONLY if you press navi button. You have 2 operating systems in that unit...
ahh perfect

will this support 3g then as well as wifi... im trying to decide which would be better for me...
have any customers reported signal/connection issues on the move with 3g ?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #195
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
petrut, is there any way to get the radio to ALWAYS go to radio on startup? i capped off all inputs on back of radio like someone on here said but will start on radio or whatever i used when i turned car off then after 2 seconds it switches to whatever it wants like t.v,etc... im getting so sick of it im to the point im about to switch and put stock back in.i love this radio minus the problem i just stated and the radio only volume high. is anyone one else having this startup problem and getting so tired of it,once in a while o.k but every time im about to flip out is so annoying.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #196
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
No fix for that Kaw..... Has nothing to do with petruts patch as his patch only controls the Nav side. That issue is on the radio side. I'm hoping for a firmware release to fix it.

However, taking it out and putting the stock back in seems a bit extreme?!?! I mean just it the band button and the radio will come on.... Sounds a bit like laziness to me....
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #197
kawracerx

i know it only takes a second,and not laziness just very very annoying that has to be done every time i start up car. but not going to put stock back in was just ranting a bit lol
Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #198
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
everyone who is having problems with volume and random startup modes...EMAIL JOLLY...i have been every few days...we can only get a fix if they get hammered with email complaints...she keep telling me she has had very few complaints of these issues...
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #199
kawracerx

should i email her even if i bought from e bay,seems to be exact same radio though.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #200
haurelio

I will. they are the same manufacturers anyway.