E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #281
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhite View Post
no wont be that, the unit runs on 2 systems. the gps is the wince and the stereo side is a chinese operating system so not connected
Which is why getting the radio volume to integrate nicely with the gps side will continue to be problem...
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #282
jayjay_dee

My Ride: '10 X5 35d, '05 ZHP
Quote:
I asked if there was anything she could suggest for those of you having only the lights coming on:

Yes,i got the issue about only back light on and screen comes with nothing.I have asked he to test it using 12V power line without install it in car. he said he took this unit to a local shop and the guy told him our unit is break.To be honest,i cannot believe or understand it as all checked before sending.
I cant believe she told you that... im that guy she was referring to... we were on skype video call when i showed her my problem... i took out my Enco and then put back the oem radio and everything was fine, then put the Enco unit once again and got the blank screen again...which only proves one thing, that its their unit that is not working and not my car's power source or any direct 12V source...
jayjay_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #283
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
So my igo is having issues and here are the screenshots. Does anyone have a solution for them? Please help me

I have backup the ones that came with the sd card (was not the new igo), but this is a new sd card and I download the new igo 2.0 I believe? I download the Complete and the Basic. I copy some info from the old sd card to the empty folders of the new igo as it was in the instructions. mostly copy the voices, cars and things like that. But I keep getting the error. I also format the sd card to NTFS
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #284
Mic Diesel

My Ride: 325 xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post
I cant believe she told you that... im that guy she was referring to... we were on skype video call when i showed her my problem... i took out my Enco and then put back the oem radio and everything was fine, then put the Enco unit once again and got the blank screen again...which only proves one thing, that its their unit that is not working and not my car's power source or any direct 12V source...
i got mine of ebay from some dude peter.. he said he gone talk to his technician and get back at me..
Mic Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #285
E46iT

My Ride: 2004 325i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
So my igo is having issues and here are the screenshots. Does anyone have a solution for them? Please help me

I have backup the ones that came with the sd card (was not the new igo), but this is a new sd card and I download the new igo 2.0 I believe? I download the Complete and the Basic. I copy some info from the old sd card to the empty folders of the new igo as it was in the instructions. mostly copy the voices, cars and things like that. But I keep getting the error. I also format the sd card to NTFS
from the error message its still trying to load igo8, u said you downlaoded igo 2.0 aka igo9, you need to point you nav to the correct .exe file, for igo 2.0 the path to exe file is primo\primo.exe
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #286
Wickedly

I did point it out , it loads fine, ask me for my language, then it gets stuck and gives me the error , I search for the file in my sdcard And I can't even open it to see the pic,
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #287
Wickedly

It shouldn't try to load iGo 9 because I went back to the system and change the path of the exe file
Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #288
E46iT

you need to download ipaq 31X image exlporer to view bmp files, they are RLE bmp files, windows standard paint doesnt support it. like i said your nav is looking for igo8 still, if it was loading primo 2.0 it will be looking for this file in data.zip ui_igo9\common\ folder.

try powering off you nav or take the radio fuse out to reset HU and then turn on and insert the gps sd card and select primo.exe again.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #289
E46iT

Quote:
It shouldn't try to load iGo 9 because I went back to the system and change the path of the exe file
perhaps your sd card is corrupt or file didnt copy correctly.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #290
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
on the setup

system settings go in set up and then select repair system
see if that works

then ensure your path is showing as:
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #291
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post

ok to be fair she only told me this as Ive been helping to resolve some customer issues for her and deal with some "lost in translation" problems. So she gave me a run down of issues customers are experiencing and ive been giving some details as possible solutions to try and help her and the engineers improve the product. bare in mind they dont just make these for bmw, they do LOADS of car brands and not all have the same problems...no personal details were given and I specifically asked about the problems youd had to try adn get a response as some people here have complained about not getting a response from Jolly where as I have an open communication line (i hope) so far

They dont actually have cars to test them on, only bench testing
She intially thought that E46 was 1 particular car type !!!! not that there were loads of variations within that and couldnt understand why eg camera etc fit some cars and not others.

hope that helps clarify

Last edited by mrwhite; 05-08-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #292
Wickedly

I will reset my radio r unplug the battery . You guys are right, it shouldn't be looking for iGo 8 in the beginning
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #293
mrwhite

as I said ,try a gps system repair first.. may be easier than doing the battery
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #294
Wickedly

repair system will be one of the first things i do. Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #295
gmannino

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
To all those with the loud volume issues. You can try connecting the low level outputs to the factory amp instead of the high level outputs. This will reduce the signal levels going to the OEM amp.

I do not own the ENCO but I assume the speaker output section is powering the OEM amp's inputs. The OEM amp is supposed to accept low level signals and connecting the low level inputs from the amp to the RCA low level outputs from the head unit would be the correct way.
gmannino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #296
mrwhite

doesnt help people like me without an amp and just standard speakers... ;(
Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #297
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
And it only "helps" the radio volume... It then messes with the volume to everything else...

And to add to mrwhite's info on the nav setup screen... If you happen to check the Auto-start Navigation and you didn't set the path right... AND you happen to get caught up in a loop that takes you back to the WinCE desktop (don't ask!). Removing the SD card will allow the unit to boot up to the Nav menu and can't proceed any further so you cna make any corrections necessary.
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #298
Wickedly

Quote:
as I said ,try a gps system repair first.. may be easier than doing the battery
GPS system repair did not work. After I did it, it changed the language to chinese, and ask me if I want to delete all my POI and I said yes. and then switch it back to english. Select the file PRIMO.exe and it gave me the same error. Could you guys send me a screenshot of what you guys have for each folder? Since I pretty much copy and every mostly everything from the old sd card of IGO 8.0 CONTENT Folder to the new one. What exactly or how you guys did it? Did you all just download the complete one and copy and paste that one or you guys did anything else?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #299
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
So after being problem free for three weeks, this issue came up today. I can't read Chinese (the unit is still in english mode). The unit just hangs. The touch screen will not work only the power button. I have repeatedly switched it on and off using both the key and the power button and still the same result.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Breyton-BMW; 05-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #300
mrwhite

Quote:
GPS system repair did not work. After I did it, it changed the language to chinese, and ask me if I want to delete all my POI and I said yes. and then switch it back to english. Select the file PRIMO.exe and it gave me the same error. Could you guys send me a screenshot of what you guys have for each folder? Since I pretty much copy and every mostly everything from the old sd card of IGO 8.0 CONTENT Folder to the new one. What exactly or how you guys did it? Did you all just download the complete one and copy and paste that one or you guys did anything else?
well thats pretty much the reason

they are 2 different programmes
you need a full copy of primo 2 and use all of that... not anything from igo8 that came with the unit

its like copying parts of windows vista and wondering why windows 7 gives an error