E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #301
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Okay, I fixed the issue. Just run the full primo 2 without putting anyhting and it work. Then went back to it and add moew vehicles as well as voices and BAM it works perfectly!! so far loving it. is much better then igo8 for sure. Thanks Mr.White
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #302
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyton-BMW View Post
So after being problem free for three weeks, this issue came up today. I can't read Chinese (the unit is still in english mode). The unit just hangs. The touch screen will not work only the power button. I have repeatedly switched it on and off using both the key and the power button and still the same result.

Any ideas?
well i dont read chinese either so first things
1. resize images in imageshack to forum size or fit 15" monitor in future... works better with the forum

2. can you load the other system still that loads first... or does this screen come on first each time ?

3. try taking the sd card out and then try loading... what happens ?
4. take out the stereo fuse or disconnect the battery or disconnect the power cables to the stereo unit which ever is easier for you and do a full reset

5. if you can get the main gpd screen to show, try doing a system repair and check the primo file.
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #303
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Okay, I fixed the issue. Just run the full primo 2 without putting anyhting and it work. Then went back to it and add moew vehicles as well as voices and BAM it works perfectly!! so far loving it. is much better then igo8 for sure. Thanks Mr.White
glad its finally working for you... ill send the support bill invoice shortly
it comes with loads of vehicles and mario charcters etc and voices too with speach synthesis for reading road names already though... which ones did you add that primo didnt already have ?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #304
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
A little off topic... but I have been looking everywhere on the internet and cannot find where to get iGo primo.... I don't have this unit, I have a Dynavin d90 v5. That I want to use it on. I have been following this post and since there are a lot of people using iGo Primo here- I figure someone might be kind enough to point me in the right direction.....

Kyle
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #305
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
A little off topic... but I have been looking everywhere on the internet and cannot find where to get iGo primo.... I don't have this unit, I have a Dynavin d90 v5. That I want to use it on. I have been following this post and since there are a lot of people using iGo Primo here- I figure someone might be kind enough to point me in the right direction.....

Kyle
its the dynavin edition most are using

from the dynavin official forums

http://dynavin.freeforums.org/igo-pr...-t1101-60.html
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #306
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhite View Post
well i dont read chinese either so first things
1. resize images in imageshack to forum size or fit 15" monitor in future... works better with the forum

2. can you load the other system still that loads first... or does this screen come on first each time ?

4. take out the stereo fuse or disconnect the battery or disconnect the power cables to the stereo unit which ever is easier for you and do a full reset

5. if you can get the main gpd screen to show, try doing a system repair and check the primo file.

Sorry about that. Works fine on my 15 inch though.

Re-sized.

It still loads and works properly for a few minutes then that warning appears.

Already tried the sd card and battery disconnect. Still the same. Works for a bit then bam! Warning comes on.

Tried the repair. No luck. Warning comes on after a few minutes.

I will try the re-format the card method in the other thread. Hope it works.

Last edited by Breyton-BMW; 05-09-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #307
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhite View Post
its the dynavin edition most are using

from the dynavin official forums

http://dynavin.freeforums.org/igo-pr...-t1101-60.html
Thanks... Some add keeps pooping up, But I am downloading it now..

Last edited by dayusmc; 05-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #308
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
Thanks... Some add keeps pooping up, But I am downloading it now..
i did post a full details earlier in this thread but here it is again...

for example this is the software basic(no maps)
click here
http://linksave.in/16265375304f5b3f98ec0a0
enter the capture code and press return... do not click anywhere else on the page !!!

then wait for this page to fully load

and click the download button

it takes you to this downloadpage
Here

just then download it by clicking save to computer
if the link above is live you can cut out the capture stuff and go straight to the download page

follow same for the maps on the dynavin page here

If you want usa / canada try this all in one link but follow the same procedure
this page or if not working

http://linksave.in/7698076994f5b540a81baf

be careful where you click but follow the same procedures and youll be ok
if you get a pop up click the top right hand word, to make it disappear not on the picture
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #309
jaydiem

My Ride: M3
Any update on a patch or firmware fix for the random mode selection (TV/AUX/SD/USB/RADIO?) upon starting up your car ? I got a Enco B146 (WinCE)
jaydiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #310
r2t2

My Ride: '01 330i '06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydiem View Post
Any update on a patch or firmware fix for the random mode selection (TV/AUX/SD/USB/RADIO?) upon starting up your car ? I got a Enco B146 (WinCE)
Now here's what I find "interesting"... I reloaded the WinCE patch about three times trying different things in an attempt to get the task bar (no joy). Well, now every time I start the car, the HU goes directly to TV. Maybe I need to re-install the patch until it consistently starts on Radio... Curious!
'08 Kawasaki Concours C14
r2t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #311
Wickedly

Hello,

So i was able to make the sd card work but for the people who has igo 2.0 when you running it and on the bottom left side there is the power button I believe. What happens when you press the power button and turn the navigation off. So I press mine off and now my navigation says no signal everytime I go back to it. I tried to take the sd card off and turn it on and it says the same thing. It wont take me to the menu where it lets me go to configation, navigation and music or whatever. so is very annoying. I also tried to reset pressing the little reset button and nothing. Tried to take the battery off and nothing. It only resets the first menu but won't reset the navigation menu. Anyone else having this type of issue? Please advise on how to solve it. My last option will be to remove the unit and disconnect from behind but wouldnt that be the same thing as disconencting the battey?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #312
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Hello,

So i was able to make the sd card work but for the people who has igo 2.0 when you running it and on the bottom left side there is the power button I believe. What happens when you press the power button and turn the navigation off. So I press mine off and now my navigation says no signal everytime I go back to it. I tried to take the sd card off and turn it on and it says the same thing. It wont take me to the menu where it lets me go to configation, navigation and music or whatever. so is very annoying. I also tried to reset pressing the little reset button and nothing. Tried to take the battery off and nothing. It only resets the first menu but won't reset the navigation menu. Anyone else having this type of issue? Please advise on how to solve it. My last option will be to remove the unit and disconnect from behind but wouldnt that be the same thing as disconencting the battey?
youll need to do a hard reset - either by the car battery, unit power cable or the stereo fuse in the fuse box, which ever is easier. if car battery not working try the other two. the lithium battery in the unit may be retaining the settings. I would go for power cable on the back personally
should work again

Do you mean the button on the screen when you have reached your destination ? dont press the exit button in future, just turn off the ignition when your done or cancel route or just press the nav button to change it back to the other system when your done... The exit button is designed for use on standalone handheld units which the software was initially designed for.
using the power button (holding in the volume button) should just turn the unit off and not cause this problem but it may have been a glitch.
As I said just press the nav button to switch back or turn off ignition when done.

yup i had this pr

Last edited by mrwhite; 05-10-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #313
Wickedly

yea thats the same buttom I'm talking about. I didn't know it will actually shut it off forever... I need to do a hard reset, I disconnect the battery for less then a minute and did not reset my car to the fullest . For how long you will need to disconenct the battery for? because I see that the first menu of the unit keeps getting reset as the radio and all of that but not the navigation. Any idea?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #314
mrwhite

around 15 mins i think,
Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #315
Wickedly

alright thanks, I will be doing that tonight and report maybe tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #316
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
wickedly i did same as you once and then no signal came on every time.i just unplugged radio connector for a few seconds,simple to get to less than 10 minutes to do so,and it worked right away.like you said crazy that it turns it off forever ha ha. but sold my car,and now need to sell factory radio,got more for car with nav and bluetooth so left it in there.

Last edited by kawracerx; 05-10-2012 at 06:04 PM.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #317
Subserv433

My Ride: '04 325i ZSP ZPP B/B
After disconnecting the battery, go to your HU and hold the reset button with a pin or pen for about 5 seconds to insure you purge all the settings on the Wince side.

2004 BMW 325i
ZSP ZPP
Black on Black

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LEASED IT!!!
Subserv433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #318
Canadian///M

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Hey guys I just purchased one of these units and it doesn't work I plug it in and nothing I've tried direct power and nothin just wondering who and how I get a hold of someone to help? Like jolly ?
Canadian///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #319
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Check the fuses first.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #320
mrwhite

Who did you buy it from? If not jolly or Charles direct, and you have checked the fuse on it, then go back to who ever you bought it from.