E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #161
mrwhite

My Ride: 325ti SE Compact
has any one found that the the system doesnt seem to keep the time well... ?
Ive started up in the morning a few times to notice it significantly out
its as if there is no power to keep it going, but the package came with a lithium battery warning, which i assume is to keep the settings
mrwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #162
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Mine gains 3 minutes a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhite View Post
has any one found that the the system doesnt seem to keep the time well... ?
Ive started up in the morning a few times to notice it significantly out
its as if there is no power to keep it going, but the package came with a lithium battery warning, which i assume is to keep the settings
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #163
Brevik

Can someone post or PM the part number and/or where to locate a TV antenna for this unit. I have tried searching, but have had no luck.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #164
mrwhite

ebay
something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zorro-SMA1...#ht_2325wt_698

the digitial i think is for europe only
the built in analogue, im not sure what broadcasts you have in the states, whether youll get anything or not as i though your signals came via sattalite or cable
check ebay.com for a similar item, you may find it cheaper than from uk
Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #165
mrwhite

relocated my gps antenna today from the metal bit under the airverts, to somewhere along the passenger side on the insulation with just the dash above it.
made a great difference and pick up sat locks, much quicker now so recommend that as the installation point for those wanting the covert look.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #166
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
for everyone....every complaint you have..email jolly...nothing can or will be fixed unless they know the problems and hear from people
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #167
ViciousK38

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Finally got Igo Primo installed and it works beautifully. (Thanks mwhite!) As I downloaded the version without maps, I decided to copy the maps from my Igo8 SD provided by Jolly. Works fine. Next will be relocate of gps antenna and reverse camera install.

Only real probably are:

- nav button no longer works on face. I now return to main menu via pip window and switch to main menu that way.
- steering wheel no longer allows me to switch modes
- phone book makes the phone use glitch
- steering wheel response is delayed and sometimes intermittent

Overall, I am now very happy with the Encourage, although it has been suspenseful up until now.
ViciousK38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #168
bikeaddict

can someone post how to remove or uninstall the wince patch..thanks..
Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #169
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post
can someone post how to remove or uninstall the wince patch..thanks..
can i ask why you want to ?

i was thinking of getting it, are there problems ?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #170
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Well now I'm getting the no signal screen for nav like others are getting.used it to get somewhere, got back in car little later and just says no signal, can't even go to the nav menu, what the heck been working for weeks with no issue

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

Last edited by kawracerx; 04-21-2012 at 03:54 PM.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #171
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawracerx View Post
Well now I'm getting the no signal screen for nav like others are getting.used it to get somewhere, got back in car little later and just says no signal, can't even go to the nav menu, what the heck been working for weeks with no issue

check your sd card in your pc

is it saying "card needs to be formatted" ?

pulling power cable on the unit or battery on the car is the other solution if not working after a soft reset
Old 04-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #172
kawracerx

Cool will try that and ya did hard reset still nothing, thanks

Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #173
Brevik

Thank you for the reply.

I am pretty sure we have all three options-cable, sat and digital for broadcast, but no longer any analogue as far as I know.

Can anyone confirm this? Or does anyone in the US have a part number of a usable antenna?

Quote:
ebay
something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zorro-SMA1...#ht_2325wt_698

the digitial i think is for europe only
the built in analogue, im not sure what broadcasts you have in the states, whether youll get anything or not as i though your signals came via sattalite or cable
check ebay.com for a similar item, you may find it cheaper than from uk
Old 04-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #174
Chayan

My Ride: 330i 04
Quote:
Originally Posted by breiwa1 View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I am pretty sure we have all three options-cable, sat and digital for broadcast, but no longer any analogue as far as I know.

Can anyone confirm this? Or does anyone in the US have a part number of a usable antenna?
In North America we use ATSC instead of DVB-T like Europe and Asia. You will need an ATSC antenna but you need to check if this works with the unit, I see that it says DVB-T/ ATSC optional on szenco website. Maybe you need the tuner along with the antenna but needs to be confirm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Di..._standards.svg
Chayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #175
kawracerx

Tried to reformat sd card for no signal problem, still have problem.even with sd card out of radio I was always able to get to nav menu but now I can't get to it tried everything.does not make sense to me why it says no signal and can't even get to nav menu, has nothing to do with sd card at this point

Old 04-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #176
mrwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawracerx View Post
Tried to reformat sd card for no signal problem, still have problem.even with sd card out of radio I was always able to get to nav menu but now I can't get to it tried everything.does not make sense to me why it says no signal and can't even get to nav menu, has nothing to do with sd card at this point

hard reset, with power cable off the back of the enco unit. or off your car battery then...
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #177
kawracerx

Quote:
hard reset, with power cable off the back of the enco unit. or off your car battery then...
thanks alot man it worked.hope i dont have to unplug radio every month or something thats crazy.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #178
bikeaddict

for people having problems with sd cards, make sure you are not using a mac as this will cause problems, use a windows based pc
Old 04-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #179
ViciousK38

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
UPDATE:

After installing Igo Primo, my navigation worked for a day. Without explanation, it started having problems and eventually got to where it would not recognize the micro SD card with the Nav software and maps on it. I did bot soft and hard resets, without luck. Last night, I inserted the original 2G micro SD card sent by Enco to see if it would recognize that card. It did. I retried my 8G card (Class 6) with the Igo Primo on it and it began working. So far, so good.

I also relocated my antenna to just underneath the dash on the passenger side away from the metal components and it is reading the signal well.

Next is camera install.
ViciousK38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #180
mrwhite

if your doing a camera that you got from jolly

my advice, if it doesnt fit first time straight swap on your car... sell it on ebay and get one that does like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250980508229 from a us seller or even china seller if you dont mind the wait. dont necessarily expect the power cables that go to the reverse lights to be long enough to fit either so you may need some extension power cable.
mine from jolly had to be hacked to get it to fit...

Last edited by mrwhite; 04-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.