E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
shata

My Ride: 00 328i , 06 330i
It is decent amount but mine needs alot of work on mine. Ill be lucky to get rid of it in my opinion.
-Sun roof alignment
-ABS/DSC/BRAKE cautions
-Washer fluid pump
-Vanos
-Turn signal cracked
-Window reg
-lil rust here and there if he checks it good, tranny support was modified (dont ask me why previous owner)

/// 2000 BMW 328I ///

Last edited by shata; 04-11-2012 at 11:24 PM.
shata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #22
ImolaSix

My Ride: '02 330Ci M-sport
Damn.

$18,000 + Your ride, for a ZHP 'vert with grey interior.

Those ZHP cams must be made out of gold...

Oh well, as long as you like it.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #23
tooredhots

My Ride: '01 325ci vert
Sounds like he just doesn't want to listen. All he sees is a newer car. I agree, definitely getting raped. The dealer is just whispering sweet nothing's in his ear before he does it.

Bone stock, style 68s FTW!
tooredhots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #24
Caden

My Ride: '01 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooredhots View Post
Sounds like he just doesn't want to listen. All he sees is a newer car. I agree, definitely getting raped. The dealer is just whispering sweet nothing's in his ear before he does it.
LOL.
Caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #25
daytonaviolet

My Ride: 2004 M3
Send a message via AIM to daytonaviolet Send a message via MSN to daytonaviolet Send a message via Yahoo to daytonaviolet
give me $18k + your car.. and i'll give you my m3
Old 04-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #26
Stefan's323ci

My Ride: BMW 2000 323ci
Its not that he doesn't want to listen, he just isn't very smart
Stefan's323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #27
katu

My Ride: '04 330ci ZHP
Sorry but I got my ZHP with 62,000 miles for $16,000 a year ago. It was in very good shape. I paid a bit of a premium because I wanted a ZHP and found my ideal color/6spd. If you're happy, awesome, but you got ripped sadly.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #28
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
I'm with them, walk from that deal. You're forgetting that milage doesn't mean that this one will cost you less. My most maintenance free BMW was a '92 325is with 250k miles on it, never had any sort of huge rebuilds either, it was also the oldest and second highest milage car I've ever owned (my 318 has 340k on it).

I bought my ZHP with 133k miles on it for 11k, it came with a full list of maintenance that'd been done, cooling system refresh at 85k miles, clutch and drieshaft at 130k, FCAB at 125k, etc. I read the crap out of these forums before settling on a deal because I knew from past BMW's that it's not the milage, but what's been replaced how long ago that matters.

Don't do it... unless it's literally had ALL preventive maintenance done yesterday so it's like you're buying a brand new E46.
EverydayGetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #29
TopazBlu02

My Ride: 330CI
All of us who's been on this board long enough knows he's being raped on the price. He's just too stupid to realize it.

Dealers need people like him to keep them in business. LOL
TopazBlu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #30
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
This is what I would buy for that money and still keep the e46. Just giving an example

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2945281096.html
Old 04-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #31
jaymemaurice

My Ride: 01 330ci, 03 Passat
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
This is what I would buy for that money and still keep the e46. Just giving an example

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2945281096.html

Not if I buy it first, as an example of course

Rain Sensor Retrofit: Here
Coupe Headline Replacement: Here
jaymemaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #32
Beemerjunkie1

My Ride: 325ci convertible
Too much for that car. You can get an M3 convertible for that money. I suggest you try other dealers. Seems like the owner is running a fast one on you. It's not worth it.
Beemerjunkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #33
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Quote:
Originally Posted by shata View Post
I talked him down to 18 out the door.
Great negotiating!

You say you are paying more because trading in......Do you owe money on the 328i, and are they adding that remaining principal balance to the selling price?

[Sent from my HTC Sensation]

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #34
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Well OP, if you're really set on this, just remember that if you're buying from a dealer, you're never getting a great deal.

But srsly, you're getting raped on this.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
CaptainOversteer

My Ride: Has three pedals
I'd walk from that deal.....

I sell cars for a living. PM me what he's asking for his car, what he's giving you for your trade, as well as what if anything you still owe on your car and I'll help you out.

Now Coding Cars in the Burlington,VT/Plattsburgh, NY area - PM if needed
BMWCCA # 461124

1986 325 - SOLD
2002 325ci - gone :(
CaptainOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #36
shata

My Ride: 00 328i , 06 330i
I understand where your all coming from and ya im over paying when you compare 330ci to private party value.
Retail dealer prices:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2006/...dard-Equipment
http://www.kbb.com/bmw/3-series/2006...icetype=retail
Private party:
http://www.kbb.com/bmw/3-series/2006...ty&anchor=true

I dont have time to do alot of DIY like most of you so what I have in mine is good 6k$ in repairs since ive had my 328i, yes alot of you think trading mine in for 2500$ trade in value is crazy but mine is definitely in fair condition at best with what it has wrong with it. I wouldn't even buy my car, im sure none of you would either. Im getting the 330 for "fair" private party value, me eating the negative equity i have is my own fault so don't judge me on that, it was mistake and thats on me.

I can throw good deals out there all day from private sellers but find me a decent bmw with that many miles from dealer where I can get rid of mine and walk away private party value of fair and still am able to walk out the door at book value trading my pos in. Getting rid of my pos is the problem and this is opportunity to do it, maybe some of you understand that...lol

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2000/...dard-Equipment

/// 2000 BMW 328I ///

Last edited by shata; 04-12-2012 at 10:28 AM.
shata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #37
DHK

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325Ci
If your quoting the Kelly Blue Book for prices your mad. KBB value is usually about 120% of real life price. And even by KBB standards your overpaying.
DHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #38
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by shata View Post
I understand where your all coming from and ya im over paying when you compare 330ci to private party value.
Retail dealer prices:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2006/...dard-Equipment
http://www.kbb.com/bmw/3-series/2006...icetype=retail
Private party:
http://www.kbb.com/bmw/3-series/2006...ty&anchor=true

I dont have time to do alot of DIY like most of you so what I have in mine is good 6k$ in repairs since ive had my 328i, yes alot of you think trading mine in for 2500$ trade in value is crazy but mine is definitely in fair condition at best with what it has wrong with it. I wouldn't even buy my car, im sure none of you would either. Im getting the 330 for "fair" private party value, me eating the negative equity i have is my own fault so don't judge me on that, it was mistake and thats on me.

I can throw good deals out there all day from private sellers but find me a decent bmw with that many miles from dealer where I can get rid of mine and walk away private party value of fair and still am able to walk out the door at book value trading my pos in. Getting rid of my pos is the problem and this is opportunity to do it, maybe some of you understand that...lol

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2000/...dard-Equipment

As I said earlier, since you are set on this go ahead and get it. But you might want to shop around a little before you sign the dotted line. Unless you absolutely can't stand anything except for e46, I say you are over paying for this car.

My 01 was appraised at 4k for trade in by BMW dealer when it had SES and Brake lights on and my car is nowhere near mint condition. I was almost trading it in for a 2008 328i e92 with CPO warranty for next 2 years. And he was asking 23k for it. That makes 23(asking price without negotiation)- 4K(my car)=19K out of my pocket for a newer car with warranty. I didn't go with the deal because I don't want car payments right now. It was at Murray BMW in denver last month.

And my friend who lives in Denver got a 09 e90 2 weeks ago from a Champan BMW in Arizona for 24k with CPO and only 30k miles on the ODO. He flew there saturday morning, landed in Phoenix at 2 o'clock. Went to the dealership and bought it within one hour(it was a saturday)and drove it home(14 hours drive straight from the dealership in Phoenix to Denver). With CPO warranty you can't go wrong and you can get service in any BMW dealers.

These are the cars that are certified by BMW and carries factory bumper to bumper warranty(so no DIY). If you are about to shell out 18k why not a couple of grands more for a newer model and factory warranty, unless you absolutely hate the e90s. Look for cars in neighboring states, even shipping them won't cost you more than 500-1000 if you have no time to drive it back.

Just my opinion though, you don't have to listen to me. I am just trying to tell you what is out there when you are going to spend that much money.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #39
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Ok well you didn't mention that you were upside down in your current car.
That changes things a bit.....you are paying more because you are trading in a deficit so they are adding that to the selling price.

Given the fact that your car is in dire need of repairs, and you owe money on it.....then I guess go for it, but, beware....you can easily find yourself in the same boat you're in now with a much larger debt.

[Sent from my HTC Sensation]

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #40
AJV

My Ride: 164 Quadrifoglio
If you still owe money on a 12 year old BMW in sub-par condition, maybe you can't afford a newer one. Not trying to be a d!ck or anything, just saying be careful you don't end up in the same boat a few years from now. Hope it all works out for you.