E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #21
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
According to there custom upgrades page they can add a rail for $100.
http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/CustomUpgrades.aspx

I THINK its black diamond but I'm not sure so dont take me 100% on that. I'd like to have it hard chromed myself and have them add a rail.

You could always add a dawson rail, now I'm not sure if that's the $100 option on there website OR they replace your frame for a regular railed frame but the dawson is a popular choice for nighthawks and looks better to boot IMHO.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
^ true. I wouldn't expect the diamond finish to wear as it has from the holster.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #23
tailo

Just googled it, its not black diamond. I found where they say it wears like hard chrome, this NH is defiently perma coat.

Should I install a dawson rail?

I'm fighting the urge to install a WWI trigger, I use them in all my favorite 1911's. I just like the feel.

Last edited by tailo; 04-20-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #24
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailo View Post
Just googled it, its not black diamond. I found where they say it wears like hard chrome, this NH is defiently perma coat.

Should I install a dawson rail?

I'm fighting the urge to install a WWI trigger, I use them in all my favorite 1911's. I just like the feel.
I mean, adding the rail is an individual preference for sure. I kinda prefer it myself, just for the hell of having it.

I dont know too much about the trigger. How's the break on that one?

Old 04-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #25
tailo

The trigger itself has nothing to do with the break and a bit to do with poundage.

The break all depends on the length of the hammer hooks, the angle of the hooks, the sear angles and the finish.

A trigger will only affect the weight of the pull depending on the shape of the bows and if there polished. I swapped in the WWI trigger, Swapped it back out 30 minutes later because it made it slightly heavier do to the tighter fit. I love those triggers but its not right for this gun. Give me a hour to beat it in to shape and do some polishing work and I'd probably have NH coat it and run it, as is its a no go currently.

Long story short its one of the best pulls I've ever felt and I've had ALOT of 1911's over the years (owned 16 at once a few years back) I really cant find anything to complain about with this gun. The triggers around a 4.5lb pull but it feels so much lighter because it breaks like glass, so smooth and no creep at all. A buddy of mine owns a kobra carry, its trigger dosent even compair to this one.

I would like a 5 inch but thats just the purist in me.

Last edited by tailo; 04-21-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #26
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
They're awesome guns...local dealer up here had a full size grp a few weeks ago, beautiful gun, can't wait to own one one day
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
david05111

Wait, I was just looking on their website. The make a full size and a compact or something?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #28
tailo

It used to be a option for the GRP series, Since the GRP is more geared as being a "working gun" for somebody like swat or government contractors/black ops there was really no need for a commander length for those type of people.

The Talon series is more of the police/CCW gun so they started making commander Talons and did away with the commander GRP, they kept the standard GRP because its there tough as nails no frills fighting pistol, plus its one of there best sellers.

It's actually a pretty rare gun, they only made a hand full of the GRP commanders and even less bobtailed. I'm sure they would make you one if you wanted but it would cost a arm and a leg and take several months.

All in all when it comes to nighthawks the guns are all the same internally, reguardless of the model there still built with the same match quality. The difference is almost always cosmetic in nature or something like different sights.

Last edited by tailo; 04-21-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
tailo

Ok I just tracked down some history behind my gun.

I emailed the guy who owned it before my buddy bought it. He sent me this email.

"Its made in 2005-2006 , combined, 3 owners, 1st owner was Redskins Michael Deshaun Williams. 2nd owner me, 3rd owner you prolly know. "

I did alittle research and came accross this thread on another forum, judging by the small marks/blemishes on the frame/slide grips its the same gun.
http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=49&t=34673

Apparently this GRPII was owned by a redskins football player, he bought it 6 months after he was signed for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Now I've got to contact this guy somehow and see if I can get a autograph and a leter stating that the nighthawk was his.

THAT is a BIG man.

Sorry guys, I think I'm going to keep this one for a bit longer.

Last edited by tailo; 04-22-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #30
tailo

Might need some help with this one, does ANYBODY have any clue as to how I can contact this guy?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #31
deadpass

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Might need some help with this one, does ANYBODY have any clue as to how I can contact this guy?
See if the guy has a facebook fan site or a twitter account, that would probably be the fastest/most direct.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #32
david05111

Quote:
Ok I just tracked down some history behind my gun.

I emailed the guy who owned it before my buddy bought it. He sent me this email.

"Its made in 2005-2006 , combined, 3 owners, 1st owner was Redskins Michael Deshaun Williams. 2nd owner me, 3rd owner you prolly know. "

I did alittle research and came accross this thread on another forum, judging by the small marks/blemishes on the frame/slide grips its the same gun.
http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=49&t=34673

Apparently this GRPII was owned by a redskins football player, he bought it 6 months after he was signed for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Now I've got to contact this guy somehow and see if I can get a autograph and a leter stating that the nighthawk was his.

THAT is a BIG man.

Sorry guys, I think I'm going to keep this one for a bit longer.
That is downright cool, as is the information you posted earlier on the run of commanders.

I used to have a friend who was very high up in the Jags organization, but not any more; she left not too long ago. As far as thevredskins are concerned, I do have a contact there, but nothing significant enough to get you in contact with him unfortunately.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #33
tailo

He's got a twitter account but hasent logged in since july, according to my buddy.

I shot it today, put 200 rounds down the pipe. It's alittle harsher than the wilson CQB but there both par on par with each other as far as putting lead on target. The Kobra Carry was nice also but I like the nighthawk the best. I even dragged out a old Remington Rand that I fit a NM barrel and bushing to some time ago...I never shot it after I did the work.

I bought this pistol some time ago, it was a flood gun and was heavly pitted on one side. I fitted a new slide and a WW1 trigger/msh out of personal preference to the setup. This build actually shot as good as the wilson cqb did, only down side was the GI sights.

Last edited by tailo; 04-22-2012 at 12:13 PM.