E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Money Matters

Money Matters
Financial, Stock, Investment etc. posts here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #61
ThreeFinger

My Ride: 2003 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine325xi View Post
I guess the correct question to ask is if i know this is going to be short then to ensure a decent profit (nothing crazy) was the ballpark amount question, basically what is a good number to expect from something thy will be traded so soon, Thanks for the link!
ThreeFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #62
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Roulette is a safer bet than penny stocks
Throwing your money in the trash is safer than penny stocks.
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #63
eclipsor

My Ride: stahlblau
Send a message via AIM to eclipsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjuice5150 View Post
A couple of hundreds will only get you a couple dollars here and there, which can be better invested somewhere else.
What do you recommend? I am an Econ major, who is trying to get into stocks and investing. I've been observing the stocks for a few months now, and reading the WSJ too look for good opportunities, but haven't bought anything. I want to be sure about something to start investing asap though, but I pretty much only have a few hundreds.

Where else should I be looking?

Jet Black 1994 325is -> Steelblue 2003 325i
eclipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #64
monkeyjuice5150

My Ride: ///M3 droptop
Send a message via AIM to monkeyjuice5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsor View Post
What do you recommend? I am an Econ major, who is trying to get into stocks and investing. I've been observing the stocks for a few months now, and reading the WSJ too look for good opportunities, but haven't bought anything. I want to be sure about something to start investing asap though, but I pretty much only have a few hundreds.

Where else should I be looking?
Well you can start small like 5k and keep buying stocks till they add up. Like how Warren Buffet bought Wellsfargo like 3 times at their lowest, and never sold. He has made a fortune. Just go with the old theory. Buy low, sell high. Safest bet there is. Look for a stable company, that is priced low, compare the price to their 5-10 year index and do research on their future plans and improvement. Bank of America is a safe bet, but you're looking into long term with this. Expect to triple or quadruple your money as I had nearly double my money when BOA was at 5.

If Stock is not your thing, then just save every dime you have and put it into an regular saving bank and look into real estate rentals/flippers. If you have network of peope, I would look into oversea investment. But regular joes like me can't even put my hands on them. Most money are made oversea. The rich makes money off the poor.

With my stock income, job income, and rental income. I have used those fund toward another rental, as the cycle keeps happening, I built a nice portfolio for myself. There is no way I can tank unless the end of the world is tomorrow.

Last edited by monkeyjuice5150; 05-10-2012 at 11:04 PM.
monkeyjuice5150 is offline   Reply With Quote