E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #21
Brinkley

My Ride: 99 328i, 07 z4 3.0
I used zip ties. Easier to work with under the car.
Brinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #22
330ciandr6

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
buy it
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #23
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
OP, you have got to be the most bleeding heart caring mother fvcker in the world for this car that you don't own. Maybe you should fix it up for him so that you don't have to drive that beat up old POS with rust spots and "soft winter tires".
HA! Don't think that it hasn't crossed my mind to bring some wheel cleaner to work and do an incognito immaculate cleaning of ONE of those wheels to make it more dramatic! Yeah, I must be sick in the head.. but it just kills me to see someone who has a ton of car knowledge leave them go as bad as he let this one go, and the pic here does not do it justice, I am telling you. And I'm not talking about $$$ mods here, just a few bucks here or there to freshen her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrunBimmer View Post
It's silver...that's he only thing I see. Plus those fugly rims
#1 It's alpine white you blind bat.

#2 I have those rims, and if kept neat, they still look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIBarr01 View Post
It's an early-build 1999. So I'm assuming the rear subframe is duct taped in...
HAHAH AHH AAH AHHAH AHAHAH AH!! And do you think he actually took his E46 to get the FREE RECALL INSPECTION on the subframe? NOPE! so you're most likely right....
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciandr6 View Post
buy it
honestly, I should. I should just offer him 1K for it and walk away and save her life.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
JohnIBarr01

My Ride: ZHP 6MT, Mk.6, Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
HAHAH AHH AAH AHHAH AHAHAH AH!! And do you think he actually took his E46 to get the FREE RECALL INSPECTION on the subframe? NOPE! so you're most likely right....
Fail. Granted, I need to check mine again. Bought mine about 3 months before the settlement ended. Didn't have any damage then, and I'm going to do the TMS kit soon to be safe.

[knocks on wood dash]
Let me guess: This doesn't happen in Germany
JohnIBarr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
Lionelski

My Ride: 325CIc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
1) Needs a drop.
2) Needs new wheels.
3) Needs new headlight lenses + projectors + Xenons, 5000K.
4) Needs ///M3 front bumper.
5) Needs black grilles.
6) Needs new front plate (it's a bit rusty...).
It does not "need" any of these things.
They are good suggestions if they want to mod, but they are not needed.

Needed may be all of the general maintanance items, etc

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
All I can see is wrong corner lights and missing tow hook cover. That should be pretty easy to fix.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #28
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Just needs a good detailing and appropriate tires and missing pieces installed.

Its a 13 year old car, and to be in that condition without proper care, I guess it is great.

OP, just give an auto detailers gift card on his birthday and advice him/buy him to change the tires.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #29
Stickbuilder

My Ride: Touring, and others
Needs Amber corners
Needs Amber side lights
Needs original wheels
Needs tow hook cover
Needs a good detailing

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Stickbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I think the owner needs an obnoxious friend telling him everything that is "wrong" with his car.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #31
jcns

My Ride: California
Quote:
MAZZHOLES FTW!

He doesn't like the stock look, he just doesn't care. Let me try to brake this down to you all so you understand:

#1 This car is is a 1999 328i actually manufactured in 1998 making it one of the oldest E46's ever.

#2 This OLD E46 is actually sitting on stock non-sport 14 year old springs up front, and stock sport springs from my 12 year old 330i in the back. Notice the massive frontal gap. Why? because he doesn't care.

#3 He bought the wheels that are on this car now (I actually have the same ones that I keep for winter), because of me and my finding them for sale on this website. This picture is when he first got them, and now you should see them, you'd swear they were painted black up front. They are so dirty, even with acid etcher, the dirt will not come out.

#4 You should see the OTHER side of the car! Back tire got a flat, so he put on one of the original 16"s, so it has 3 17"s and one 16" on the rear. Did he get the flat fixed or a new tire? NAh, just let the wife ride on one 16 forever till he gets around to it. Forget about safety.

#5 He actually bought the clears for it because of me, and partially because his wife hit a snow back and destroyed the front bumper and some of the lights. So he found a replacement alpine white bumper on e-bay and bought clears with the rest. Too bad he shoved hideous orange bulbs into the clear housings.

#6 You have no idea how long I have been telling him to buy a $5 can of plasti-dip and do the grille. No idea. Actually, now that I think of it, he did get a black one from Khoalty, so that's proof that this pic is OLD and not current and disgusting like she sits now.

#7 I also told him to get new lenses for the headlights as that is a cheap improvement, does he listen? no, he'd rather have his wife not see on the road at night, yeah that's safe.

#8 I am pretty sure all the tires on this car are beat up winters, which his wife rides on all summer long with pride. Yeah, that's safe -given the soft compound of winter tires.

#9 You should see the back, trunk got hit, took insurance money and got something else for car, but now there's rust dripping on the alpine white paint. Have you ever seen rust on Alpine white? Most disgusting thing ever.

#10, He was actually just FORCED To replace the expansion tank, because when he went through the entire cooling system, he DID NOT REPLACE THE TANK AS A PREVENTIVE measure even though the car was 14 years old and the expansion tank was too. Started leaking, and because he did not do it when he should have, he was forced to stop at the DEALER and get a $140 OEM expansion tank. He could have bought an OEM one for about $70 from Tischer. He loves to wait things out this guy.

OK, what else?
going to say this the only way possible.

you are asking someone else to spend their money even though they don't care to. THEIR MONEY!!!
You already mentioned, he DOES NOT CARE. You can only help those who want to be helped.

Spend your energy and time on something productive for you. Thinking about this car is a huge waste of your time.

Get a job, get a life, get busy, live on.
jcns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #32
Ilovecars800490

My Ride: 2003 330i sport 5spd
Quote:
MAZZHOLES FTW!

He doesn't like the stock look, he just doesn't care. Let me try to brake this down to you all so you understand:

#1 This car is is a 1999 328i actually manufactured in 1998 making it one of the oldest E46's ever.

#2 This OLD E46 is actually sitting on stock non-sport 14 year old springs up front, and stock sport springs from my 12 year old 330i in the back. Notice the massive frontal gap. Why? because he doesn't care.

#3 He bought the wheels that are on this car now (I actually have the same ones that I keep for winter), because of me and my finding them for sale on this website. This picture is when he first got them, and now you should see them, you'd swear they were painted black up front. They are so dirty, even with acid etcher, the dirt will not come out.

#4 You should see the OTHER side of the car! Back tire got a flat, so he put on one of the original 16"s, so it has 3 17"s and one 16" on the rear. Did he get the flat fixed or a new tire? NAh, just let the wife ride on one 16 forever till he gets around to it. Forget about safety.

#5 He actually bought the clears for it because of me, and partially because his wife hit a snow back and destroyed the front bumper and some of the lights. So he found a replacement alpine white bumper on e-bay and bought clears with the rest. Too bad he shoved hideous orange bulbs into the clear housings.

#6 You have no idea how long I have been telling him to buy a $5 can of plasti-dip and do the grille. No idea. Actually, now that I think of it, he did get a black one from Khoalty, so that's proof that this pic is OLD and not current and disgusting like she sits now.

#7 I also told him to get new lenses for the headlights as that is a cheap improvement, does he listen? no, he'd rather have his wife not see on the road at night, yeah that's safe.

#8 I am pretty sure all the tires on this car are beat up winters, which his wife rides on all summer long with pride. Yeah, that's safe -given the soft compound of winter tires.

#9 You should see the back, trunk got hit, took insurance money and got something else for car, but now there's rust dripping on the alpine white paint. Have you ever seen rust on Alpine white? Most disgusting thing ever.

#10, He was actually just FORCED To replace the expansion tank, because when he went through the entire cooling system, he DID NOT REPLACE THE TANK AS A PREVENTIVE measure even though the car was 14 years old and the expansion tank was too. Started leaking, and because he did not do it when he should have, he was forced to stop at the DEALER and get a $140 OEM expansion tank. He could have bought an OEM one for about $70 from Tischer. He loves to wait things out this guy.

OK, what else?
You wasted your time typing that essay because i'm not reading it. Why do you care so much? Give up. Not everybody wants flashy.
Ilovecars800490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #33
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Dude, you care way too much.

1. Buff headlight lenses clear
2. Replace tow hook cover
3. Detail it.

Bam, decent daily driver.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #34
ac_2007

My Ride: 2004 M3, 2001 325i
Needs a drink.. looks tired.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #35
trizzuth

you guys are right. I have to stop caring about this and care more about my beast. I need a good stiff drink. By the way, here is my 11 year old car as she sits.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #36
choxor

My Ride: JDM
I believe this can be defined as "meddling".
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #37
trizzuth

meddling present participle of medĚdle (Verb)
Verb:
Interfere in or busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern.
Touch or handle (something) without permission: "don't meddle with my things".

I dunno... All BMWs are a concern of mine! I am a fanatic!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #38
Ilovecars800490

My Ride: 2003 330i sport 5spd
Quote:

meddling present participle of medĚdle (Verb)
Verb:
Interfere in or busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern.
Touch or handle (something) without permission: "don't meddle with my things".

I dunno... All BMWs are a concern of mine! I am a fanatic!
No, you're a Fangirl.
Ilovecars800490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #39
TX78666

My Ride: 330i ZHP, N55 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonerDee View Post
Owned by a Mass hole?
Yes!

TX78666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #40
TX78666