E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Reelbandit

My Ride: 2001 330Ci Vert
Window roll up at hwy speed

This is my first post so please don't thrash me to bad on this. LOL. I've tried searching with no luck on my issue. At hwy speed (say 40mph and up) the drivers window will not roll all the way up into the window channel. If I lightly pull on the window when rolling it up its goes in fine. I've pulled the door panel off and was hoping to see some kind of "adjustment" points, but didn't see any. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Reelbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
3coupe

My Ride: 330Ci
The window has an adjustment but it's hidden under the foam stuff.

In this image it would be on the right slider. You have to role down the window a bit to get to it. There is an E-5 bolt that you need to loosen (don't take it all the way out or you'll be hating life), then there is a metal wedge (no idea what to call it) That you slide up and down to adjust how much the window tilts in or out.
3coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Reelbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
The window has an adjustment but it's hidden under the foam stuff.

In this image it would be on the right slider. You have to role down the window a bit to get to it. There is an E-5 bolt that you need to loosen (don't take it all the way out or you'll be hating life), then there is a metal wedge (no idea what to call it) That you slide up and down to adjust how much the window tilts in or out.
Thanks a bunch! Where is that image from? I would like enlarge it to see better. Also, the slider your talking about, is it where the window clamps to the regulator (next to #16)?
Old 08-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
3coupe

My Ride: 330Ci
The image is from realoem.com

The actual part is number #9 I think. It's a metal rectangle. Not sure if it attaches to 16 but yes that's the side it's on. It's on the one towards the back of the door.
3coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Reelbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
The image is from realoem.com

The actual part is number #9 I think. It's a metal rectangle. Not sure if it attaches to 16 but yes that's the side it's on. It's on the one towards the back of the door.
AWESOME! I'll work on that tomorrow!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
dpower2012

My Ride: 05 BMW 325CiC
Just a quick FYI to enlarge a web page image - hold CTRL and scroll the wheel on the mouse.
dpower2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
cityjohn

My Ride: 2001 M3
^ ha
Never knew. Thanks for the tip!

Also, thought this thread was about the owner manual instruction not to roll up front windows without first putting back ones up...
Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
The Thomas J

My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower2012 View Post
Just a quick FYI to enlarge a web page image - hold CTRL and scroll the wheel on the mouse.
I never knew that either. Thanks!
The Thomas J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
Reelbandit

After I have been in this door twice now, I now have the problem with the bolt #12 loosening up on its own and the metal wedge #9 slides towards the door lock rod and jams my locks (red arrow). I haven't see any evidence of thread locker on the bolts, I guess I need some on there unless someone has any other ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E46 Regulator.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	508090