E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #101
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Here a video i took today of a lift. It's probably not done processing yet though.



I'm wearing the shirt and socks.
pr? damn man looks like you could have done way more.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #102
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
pr? damn man looks like you could have done way more.
Yeah pr for the clean and jerk. I've cleaned more and I've jerk more, but never at the same time. Form on the jerk is terrible. If I get faster on it I should be good for 265 or so. I would have gone for more but a wise man once told me to stop when you get a pr an leave some in the tank for the next time. As far as prs go though, this one was pretty easy.

Anyone know what moderator I should ask about a thread in general ot? Jonjon won't respond to me for some reason.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #103
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Yeah pr for the clean and jerk. I've cleaned more and I've jerk more, but never at the same time. Form on the jerk is terrible. If I get faster on it I should be good for 265 or so. I would have gone for more but a wise man once told me to stop when you get a pr an leave some in the tank for the next time. As far as prs go though, this one was pretty easy.

Anyone know what moderator I should ask about a thread in general ot? Jonjon won't respond to me for some reason.
chad is always a good dude and maybe Steve m3inline6. Although he doesn't post much anymore.

Also maybe you know, I have a slight shoulder injury I think. It came about a few weeks ago when I was playing qb in a football game. It's towards the back side where the tri meets the delt I guess you would say. I felt it a lot today on the thrusters. It doesn't seem to affect my strength but I feel a little sharp pain.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #104
ShootyzGruve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 140
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Here a video i took today of a lift. It's probably not done processing yet though.



I'm wearing the shirt and socks.
PR!

P.S. cant wait to try the shorts tomorrow.
ShootyzGruve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #105
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Oh I forgot to mention, like us on Facebook as we will be post new coupon codes and doing giveaways on there every once in a while!
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #106
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member
 
BigDRick323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,426
My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootyzGruve View Post
PR!

P.S. cant wait to try the shorts tomorrow.
Good form.
__________________

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #107
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Oh I forgot to mention, like us on Facebook as we will be post new coupon codes and doing giveaways on there every once in a while!
just liked it

Here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/SpunPerformance

Last edited by DylloS; 04-24-2012 at 07:09 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #108
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
just liked it

Here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/SpunPerformance
Thanks!
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #109
mq124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 449
My Ride: slow and sorta low
liked on fb. Looking into the short sleeve shirt and shorts. I weigh 153 and just shy of 6 foot (5'11.5" or so) and going by the chart I should be a small (just barely). Do you think I should go with small or medium? Thanks, and I will gladly order both shortly
__________________

Last edited by mq124; 04-24-2012 at 07:46 PM.
mq124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #110
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mq124 View Post
liked on fb. Looking into the short sleeve shirt and shorts. I weigh 153 and just shy of 6 foot (5'11.5" or so) and going by the chart I should be a small (just barely). Do you think I should go with small or medium? Thanks, and I will gladly order both shortly
Definitely small. I sold smalls of the same products to a guy that was almost your exact same height and 160 and he said the smalls fit perfect.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #111
ShootyzGruve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 140
My Ride: 2003 325i
Tried out the shorts today and they are MINT! Super comfy, well-fitting and well made. I can't wait to get some more. Glight, you're on to something!
ShootyzGruve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #112
absent
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 35
My Ride: '01 325i
Do the Shorts have a pocket for a cup? That's really the only thing stopping me from ordering.
absent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #113
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
Do the Shorts have a pocket for a cup? That's really the only thing stopping me from ordering.
No cup pocket, sorry. Wanted to keep it generic at the beginning.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #114
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member
 
BigDRick323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,426
My Ride: 2000 323i
All I have so far

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335668729737.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	449234   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335668764618.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	449235  
__________________

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #115
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Look what I found on r/crossfit

http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.c...ression-shirt/

A review of the product.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #116
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 855
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Look what I found on r/crossfit

http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.c...ression-shirt/

A review of the product.
Good writeup. I think it highlights the diverse range of uses compression gear can be used for.
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #117
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
Good writeup. I think it highlights the diverse range of uses compression gear can be used for.
Yeah for sure. I'm really happy that it might get noticed by the MMA crowd.

My buddy is in Naples right now and was wearing his shirt on a run and some old dude fishing asked him where he got it since I guess they like the SPF 50+ for fishing, lol
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #118
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Just thought I'd let people here know, since we hit 100 likes on Facebook we are going to run a contest for a free pair of compression socks.

I am coming up with a workout that I am going to do anyone that beats my time (with video) will be put into a drawing for a free pair of compression socks ($35 value).

I want it to be tough and I am going to program it to my strengths, so I'm hoping I dont have like 50 people beating me or anything, but it should be fun regardless.

We are going to do this every time we get 100 new likes.

First one I am thinking the following:

100 doubleunders

5x
3 185lb Power Cleans
6 Ring Pushups
9 GHD Situps

100 doubleunders

I'll post something on our facebook when we start the contest, but I figured I would mention it on here as well.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #119
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Just thought I'd let people here know, since we hit 100 likes on Facebook we are going to run a contest for a free pair of compression socks.

I am coming up with a workout that I am going to do anyone that beats my time (with video) will be put into a drawing for a free pair of compression socks ($35 value).

I want it to be tough and I am going to program it to my strengths, so I'm hoping I dont have like 50 people beating me or anything, but it should be fun regardless.

We are going to do this every time we get 100 new likes.

First one I am thinking the following:

100 doubleunders

5x
3 185lb Power Cleans
6 Ring Pushups
9 GHD Situps

100 doubleunders

I'll post something on our facebook when we start the contest, but I figured I would mention it on here as well.

I read that and got excited...then I read the weights and this was me




lol will you post a video too?

Last edited by DylloS; 05-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #120
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I read that and got excited...then I read the weights and this was me




lol will you post a video too?
You can always scale it down and then post a vid for fun. Can't win if its scaled, but it will still be a good workout.

Yeah, I'll post a video. Can't have people calling BS if I post a good time.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use