E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
nmu98

My Ride: 330Xi
Donít Buy vBulletin Skins From CompleteVB - No matter what!

Sorry to vent here, but as some of you know I own a few forums. I needed some custom work done for a growing forum and looked around for a good designer. I should have known from the 1/2 ass reply in emails and the unprofessional language that Matt at CompleteVB was not a good choice. But I liked his design and went forward.

We paid him half up front mid-October and he never contacted us for 3 weeks. We set a deadline of being done in a month and a half. After we sent a few emails he finally responded that he was on vacation.

After a few more weeks he started working. After he showed us our first picture of his design, we laughed. It was horrible. There was no attention to detail and it was apparent that he was trying to skate away without doing any real work.

By mid-December, yes, 3 weeks past the deadline, he finally submitted a reasonable proof. We accepted and he stated he needed the second half of the payment to be paid at that time as he would not put it on our site until it was paid. After a day of thinking about it and needing it done, we paid. He did nothing else for another month.

We threatened him with a law suite and he started to work. It has been slow and there is a serious lack of communication. It is currently the end of February and he is stating that the forum now is done and looks like the proof we accepted. The site is filled with bugs and many items do not work. Items like customizing our home page have never been started and he states that it was not in the contract even though we clearly have it in emails.

Never, ever let this guy do anything to your site and never ask him to do anything on a timeline.

We spent a good amount of money to deal with him and still not have a usable product. All I hope is that I can save someone else from going down this same path!
nmu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Hedges

My Ride: C63 AMG
How much did you pay for custom work like this?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
ImPulSe

My Ride: Bentley GT
Ouch, send me a PM of the site and I'll let you know if my guys can help you out!
ImPulSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
nmu98

He took us for $2,500.00.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Hedges

My Ride: C63 AMG
How custom is 2500 get for you? design wise? I'm sort of interested in getting something setup
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
2500 for a skin??!?

Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
Cowspoo

My Ride: 328Ci
Just a little compliment, e46fanatics is the first forum i've encountered without a sorting problem. Like you know when you go through all of Page 1's threads and continue to Page two only to find it's just a repeat of half of the threads from page one. E46fanatics has no problem with that!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
nmu98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
How custom is 2500 get for you? design wise? I'm sort of interested in getting something setup
Put it this way, a normal skin will run you about 30 to 50 bucks. This design was supposed to be for a logo, fully custon skin with icons, custom CMS and Blog page and everything done and comlete without us touching it.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
MrSaikou

My Ride: '98 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmu98 View Post
Put it this way, a normal skin will run you about 30 to 50 bucks. This design was supposed to be for a logo, fully custon skin with icons, custom CMS and Blog page and everything done and comlete without us touching it.
THIS

If you had a little free time, anyone could pull this off pretty low cost.
MrSaikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
PM me. I have the guy you need to talk to, and he is much more reasonable. I am sure not only will he do it cheaper, but you will be happier.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
nmu98

If you would like to see the skin he created for 2,500, go to www.greentractortalk.com and go to the bottom and choose the "green Tractor" skin or click the link in the following quotes. Our complaint is that it is washed out, too plain, and is not very custom. We do have an admin who has been working out some bugs, so many things do work at this point, but it still looks worse than most 40 dollar skins.

This guys name is Matthew Price
email seoskins@gmail.com

I do not have an address to have a legal letter sent or a ph one number....

Here is some of the BS we have had to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Price dec 17
Hey,

We have coded your forums to match the design we worked on. Please take a look at the live demo on our test forums: http://www.forumthemes.com/customs/v...hp?styleid=125

Please send the remaining payment to sales@completevb.com so I can send you the files in a ZIP with directions to install. If you see any fixing send a list of fixes as always.

Thanks,
Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian dec 19
Matt,

You have been paid in full as you requested. The ftp info follows. What is our timeline for the next step?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Price Dec 19
I haven't had access to my computer for a few days due to travels. Was shooting to get everything done this week.

Sent from my iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dec 23
Matt,

I assume you still do not have access to a computer? This makes me uncomfortable that you keep telling me dates you will do things and keep missing your own goals.

We still have not been sent the zip files that we paid for last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Price Dec 24
Brian,

Unfortunately my coders do not work Christmas week and thus we are pretty much stuck until they are back. Nothing I can do in the next 2-3 days but as soon as the holiday is over the site will be up and ready to go. Hope you have a good holidays!

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dec 28
Matt,

Will the site be up this week? Can you give me a little more clear idea on this? Also, are you going to send me the zip files on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt dec 29
Brian,

As I said the coders have taken their two week vacations over the holidays. I will have William install your boards and zip you the files ASAP tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks,
We still do not have the zip...
Old 02-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
Thats sucks....its cause of people like this that solo web designers cant charge good money for a design. We always have to offer lower prices and take a hit to compete with idiots like this.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
nmu98

I found some contact info:

Administrative Contact:
Artico Design, Inc.
Artico Design (seoskins@gmail.com)
+1.7177641758
Fax: +1.5555555555
2159 White Street Suite 3. Box #208
York, PA 17404
US
Old 02-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Hell, that is 35 minutes from me...

Should I go crack some skulls?

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
06E46M3
Banned User

My Ride: L;KL;KL;KL;LKL;;KLL
lol

Last edited by 06E46M3; 03-11-2012 at 06:45 PM.
06E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
nmu98

I called and talked to a gentleman who I beleive was his dad.

I need to continue putting some pressure on him to refund some money. We are asking for a total of $1,000 back. that is still voerpaying him by 1,500 in my book.

Anyone have any ideas or ways they might be able to help?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Hell, that is 35 minutes from me...

Should I go crack some skulls?
Must be close to each other I'm about the same distance lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #18
nmu98

to make this interesting, here is our contract with each other. He did nothing but provide a skin for our forum and it does not follow as you get into the forum. Standard VB icons show after the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matther Price CompleteVB
Brian,

I feel comfortable quoting and proceeding with creating the entire project for $2500. This will allow us to create custom design/coding for your new forums, CMS, member blogs, and any other features vB offers. The whole skin will be 100% matching with custom icons and buttons throughout. We will create a new professional logo to match our new forum design that will really make things come together and look established. I can make the look of the site similar to John Deere in a way that is visually close without stealing anything from them so that should keep them happy. Basically for the $2500 quote we will handle everything when it comes to the design, coding, and implementing of the site to make your life easy. We will work with you the entire step of the way via email or phone if needed.

I think together we can make this website awesome. Look forward to starting whenever you are ready to proceed with booking. We can worry about any additional projects after this one such as Wordpress or special store features you may want us to add in the future.

Thanks,
Matt
Here is the address he sent his last email to me from
2159 White St
York, PA 17404

I confirmed it on Google maps to be the business of attico designs.

I need help with putting some pressure on this guy.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #19
TS1976

My Ride: Victory Jackpot
nmu98, have you made any progress with this? I'm in the same boat. I paid him $900 back in January for the whole deal... skin the forums/CMS page/blogs/etc, code it, installed. He's come up with a skin for the forums only, and now suddenly doesn't have time to finish the project. Same with the excuses too... traveling, moving, family emergencies. This guy is trouble. I've requested a refund, and he's refusing. I submitted a complaint to PayPal, but I'm not sure that will get me anywhere. I'm thinking I'm going to have to take legal action. Any updates on your progress with this would be helpful. Wish I had seen your story prior to sending him any money. Hopefully you were able to recover yours...
TS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote