E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #61
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
yes, but we have some hardrubber things that we use now for getting the car in/out of the driveway.

Edit: Called Bridge-it or Brij-it.. something like that.
I should have invented that.

Good luck with the build! If you guys need anything from Canada you know who to call!

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #62
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Nice to see eevryone was pro about the whole thing. GL to both parties and looking forward to the build Marcus.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #63
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
By "Still running 9s" I believe Marcus meant he's not abandoning the effort to run a nine second pass in his LSB street car. He is not claiming he has run a nine second pass yet!
From watching the video it's obvious the car is capable of running a nine with some simple bolton improvements and better ECU magic.

It came out of the hole like a arthritic grandma, spun the tires hard before the 60' mark, and had only two gear changes (can it shorter diff gears). No anitlag, no launch control, no traction control, no flat shift, no gear dependent boost. You can fit better slicks under it. The car is also really heavy .. like full street weight.

So many ways to make it quicker and faster.
Are you kidding? Marcus had a two step (5000rpm) AND anti lag. The anti lag was much more apparent in some of the videos that had better micro phones. ....sounded like gun shots in one vid.

All this simply over powered the tires and made is necessary for SAAD to pedal it our of the hole. The launch configuration was simply more aggressive than the tires used. Remember, there was NO test and tune. SAAD gave it a fairly aggressive launch knowing he could at least pedal the car. Two wimpy of a launch and the car would have just nosed over. In the end, the too aggressive launch still gave good results.
All, they need to do now is test and tune and change some components.

Please dont divert me to off topic. This is about his new build. I can only give my blessing and be interested in some of the choices for tires, turbo size, tub or not tubbing....things like this as they become decided.
If Marcus tubs the car he can run a MUCH more aggressive slick. It should give a huge advantage.(until HPF tubs their car too )

Who is Trevor again? Remind me please.

Last edited by Bdave; 04-25-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #64
MrBlonde

My Ride: M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Are you kidding? Marcus had a two step (5000rpm) AND anti lag. The anti lag was much more apparent in some of the videos that had better micro phones. ....sounded like gun shots in one vid.

All this simply over powered the tires and made is necessary for SAAD to pedal it our of the hole. The launch configuration was simply more aggressive than the tires used. Remember, there was NO test and tune. SAAD gave it a fairly aggressive launch knowing he could at least pedal the car. Two wimpy of a launch and the car would have just nosed over. In the end, the too aggressive launch still gave good results.
All, they need to do now is test and tune and change some components.

Please dont divert me to off topic. This is about his new build. I can only give my blessing and be interested in some of the choices for tires, turbo size, tub or not tubbing....things like this as they become decided.
If Marcus tubs the car he can run a MUCH more aggressive slick. It should give a huge advantage.(until HPF tubs their car too )

Who is Trevor again? Remind me please.
Oh really there was antilag? I guess that really proves the tires are not up to the task! What's needed here is launch control and traction control, then "pedalling" will not be needed. Agreed that with more time all the good stuff can be set up, but on the other hand you either bring your A game to the event or you don't. What you could have done with more time is irrelevant.

Would love to hear commentary from Saad about his experiences with Marcus's car! I understand Saad has a lot of real world experience with drag racing street cars with IRS and would love to hear it from the horse's mouth!

See the E46F Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube.

Everything you need to know about Drag Racing your BMW street car
MrBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #65
Evil Twin Rob

My Ride: 2004 M3
So glad to see everyone getting along and moving forward. This will be an exciting build to watch.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #66
str8dum1

My Ride: VQ38DETT
Selecting parts shouldnt be that hard.

just basically copy Saads or E.Kanoo's supra's.

I would think a Promod91/94 turbo with enough nitrous to get it going, Th400 or glide with a brake, CO2 boost control, and whatever mods are needed to fit a tall 28"+ tire. You exhaust manifold will look pretty similar to HPF's since there arent many options to mount a turbo that big.

How hard are you going to wrestle with sleeved vs unsleeved decision?

Last edited by str8dum1; 04-25-2012 at 09:15 AM.
str8dum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #67
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Great stuff, Marcus. You're going to have a lot of fun. Not that I've ever done anything as extreme as building a drag-car to try to best HPF, but this is true enthusiast stuff here. DIY in your garage (or driveway). Best of luck.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #68
Bdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post

I would think a Promod91/94 turbo with enough nitrous to get it going, Th400 or glide with a brake, CO2 boost control, and whatever mods are needed to fit a tall 28"+ tire. You exhaust manifold will look pretty similar to HPF's since there arent many options to mount a turbo that big.

I think even HPF decided to go unsleeved with their drag car. As I recall, its a standard low compression built motor.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #69
Killemall

My Ride: 325Ci
Marcus, with all the drama and plot twists that happened in the last few months, I think you should make a documentary and call it "Marcus Vs. HPF Road to Mfest VI" . Now you just started Chapter 2, and I can't wait to see how the sequel turns out . You are a truly E46 fanatic. GL with the build.
Killemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #70
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Oh really there was antilag? I guess that really proves the tires are not up to the task! What's needed here is launch control and traction control, then "pedalling" will not be needed. Agreed that with more time all the good stuff can be set up, but on the other hand you either bring your A game to the event or you don't. What you could have done with more time is irrelevant.

Would love to hear commentary from Saad about his experiences with Marcus's car! I understand Saad has a lot of real world experience with drag racing street cars with IRS and would love to hear it from the horse's mouth!
Unfortunately both horses have been banned (Jason and Saad). So they can't post here. There are some issues were aware of, but until I test them out and dial them in I won't discuss them just yet. The track was awful that night.. cars that ran 12s last year ran 13s this year.. people were really disappointed... by about 9pm half the cars had just given up on the track. This was the cars very first outing and it was on the lift at Saad's until 12:30am the night before the event still being worked on. I think we did well all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post

No sleeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killemall View Post
Marcus, with all the drama and plot twists that happened in the last few months, I think you should make a documentary and call it "Marcus Vs. HPF Road to Mfest VI" . Now you just started Chapter 2, and I can't wait to see how the sequel turns out . You are a truly E46 fanatic. GL with the build.
Someone wanted to do a documentary style article/film for it for a major magazine.. that might still happen... I think this drag car might up that interest even more.. rivalry's make for great entertainment.. thats for sure.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #71
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post

Who is Trevor again?
Trevor is a good friend of mine. He's the one doing the turbo Z4M build.

New Build by Lab22

Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #72
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Trevor is a good friend of mine. He's the one doing the turbo Z4M build.
Trevor is the man...if you see a Jeep in the Bay area doing this...it's Trevor
Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #73
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Trevor is the man...if you see a Jeep in the Bay area doing this...it's Trevor
I heard Trevor can do that on flat ground without a ramp. SKILLZ! He's going to be doing barrel rolls in the z4m

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #74
Bdave

Quote:
.. people were really disappointed... by about 9pm half the cars had just given up on the track. This was the cars very first outing and it was on the lift at Saad's until 12:30am the night before the event still being worked on. I think we did well all things considered.
And he's modest too! All things considered you did an unbeliveavbe job, really.
1) Crappy track
2) NO test and tune
3) First time out on a build completed in record time.
and STILL laid down a record trap time. The whole scenario is still sinking in for me, maybe you too. I got a tremendous thrill out of your achievement.

SAAD's mad driving skills did not hurt either. Its hard to pedal a car just right, like he had to do.
Marcus, can't this all eventually be tuned with PRO EFI TC to take all the bother of having to "pedal" ever again, no matter the circumstances?

I guess it takes some time to set up properly. But from what I read via Jason the Pro EFI TC can get a car down the track faster than the best drivers since the ECU does a so MANY calculations and corrections per milisecond.

The new wave of TC available now will completely change the face of big HP cars on and off the strip. In the past, it was all very crude (limiting boost in the lower gears, 'pedaling" etc). Being able to launch and go with just the right programmed tire slip (you want SOME) is something that is cool beyond belief. I see using the TC for your dedicated drag car too. Why not?

EDIT: SAAD was banned? I thought he just chose not to post because of Jason's banning. Are they talking about any details for future mods in another place? PM me if its not Kosher to post it.

Last edited by Bdave; 04-25-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #75
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post

Hope some of us locals can hang at your place during the build. Kalim's place has no good food nearby.
Quote:
Oh trust me.. Kalim doesn't know it yet (shh) but he's going to be helping. haha

Yup we've got a record 10.4 in it as it sits now.. on a proper track/day but we've got some other stuff up our sleeve to get it into the 9's. I just don't want to spoil the fun for mfest next year.. the car is 9's capable but with only 3 weeks time we just didn't have time.

Sorry, yup.. meant we're going to go for 9's next year at MFest. No 9's have been achieved yet.
Bahaha.

This sounds like an awesome project. Marcus, I'm down to lend a hand. Just let me know, haha.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #76
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Bahaha.

This sounds like an awesome project. Marcus, I'm down to lend a hand. Just let me know, haha.
You're the man! I'm anxious to see your S54 sedan, is it running now?

New Build by Lab22

Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #77
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
You're the man! I'm anxious to see your S54 sedan, is it running now?
Yep, showed it at Wekfest in February. Finally got the M3 front suspension, wheels, and BBK on in the last few weeks.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #78
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Yep, showed it at Wekfest in February. Finally got the M3 front suspension, wheels, and BBK on in the last few weeks.
Sick! Can't wait to see it!

New Build by Lab22

Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #79
MarcusLSB

Chris and I .. making the bet.

New Build by Lab22

Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #80
MrBlonde

My Ride: M Coupe
Quote:
Unfortunately both horses have been banned (Jason and Saad). So they can't post here.
Argh, that's annoying. Look forward to them getting out of time out so they can share valuable insights with the drag racing community here.

See the E46F Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube.

Everything you need to know about Drag Racing your BMW street car
MrBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote