E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Another Stanced E46 330d Touring

238K views 354 replies 87 participants last post by  Fuxxo 
#1 ·
Hello Fellaz :)
I'm freelance web designer from slovakia and I finally take courage to introduce my street rocket :) get ready for lot of pictures.. but before that, I want to show you my first car, it was skoda felicia 97, my father bought it new and I bought it four years ago and worked on it and drive it for three years.. last stage looked like this:

before the last stage I discovered the stanceworks and bmw syndikate website (btw at the moment me and two of my friends started the euroscene.net website, which is after a year biggest lowest club in czech republic and slovakia, so I had to represent properly :-D ), and long before that I got in love with whole BMW thing.. :-D so I knew that my next car will be my bmw. I was driving over the years E46 320i, E39 525tds, X5 30d and my friends E46 330d, and the diesel power totally got me. so I was looking at the latest engine for good money, and the choice was E46 facelift with the 204HP engine, which has very good base for further gain of power.. I was searching for the right one for 3/4 year, and then finally, I found it.. I allways loved estate cars, and I think in bmw especially they look better than sedans, and as a bonus, there is not that much people which are modding them.. so it was a touring, in almost full features - outside, inside and suspension m-sport, with msport wheels, navi, tv, bi-xenon, harman kardon hifi.. and 176000km.. oh, and its an automatic.. its a bit slow-shifter, but I drive for 6l/100km :) so I went 900km to frankfurt and drive it home without sleeping 38 hours :) but it was WORTH IT! I absolutely fell in love with the car, its great.. I have it for year, there were few changes, so lets start..
first pictures from germany:

with my friend which was taking me there (two beauties):

and finally at home, totally stock, which is the best thing, when buying the car..

few interior shots, which I'm absolutely satisfied, its perfect..

first mod were the led angel eyes, I wrapped them to yellow vinyl, it looks great.. in yellow also went side indicators and fog lights. rear lights went to red, they look more solid now..

and then.. as I had to represent the lowest club, I dropped the car on ta technix coilovers.. :excited:

this was the end of first stage, and I drive the car with happy face :-D
then came some maintenance, oil, leather cleaning, and I needed new brakes.. so I bought EBC setup for whole car, brake discs and yellowstuff pads..

then I went to croatia to vacation with my two beauties.. :-D

next stage started at this point.. color on front bumper was a little bit cracked on two places, I didnt want to paint it (wanted to keep original paintwork :-D ), and I found here on fanatics sharpie mod bmw, took some inspiration, bought some sharpies frome usa and called a friend of mine, which draw me my favourite comics - Iron man on the front bumper..

its lookin pretty awesome :)

then I bought black grille, new badge on hood and a strut brace, which has only estetical function :-D

next step was winter setup.. before I bought the car, I already knew, that wheels will be for winter setup.. 18" on snow are little slippery, but we dont have here that much snow.. and one side looked really bad, so I've decided for a little change, at first I wanted to plasti-dip them on red, but two cans wasnt enough, so I sprayed two light layers of plastidip and then sprayed the wheels with classic red spray.. it turned out great, and was enough for the winter.. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
then I started to look for some new rimzzz for the next season.. :) that was a start of stage 3, which is current stage. I was totally decided to go with 19" styling 63 from X5.. they have great width, and looking awesome on 46, and are quite cheap here.. but, I was really lucky and found a set of authentic two piece rial daytona race in quite great condition for awesome price (I think it was under 800$ for set), 18x8,5 and 18x9,5.. so I didnt hesitate and bought the dream wheels :) they were only 18", but you can pull off 18s on 46.. test fit..

ass lookin great..

then I dissasembled the lips:

repaired the scratches and polished them by myself:

and barrels went for powdercoating, and after a really reaaaaalllyyyyy hard thinking the color was matte orange with some pearls..

finalization:

then started my tire nightmare.. :) I needed more stretch, but didnt think, that 225/40 on 9,5" will look that big and ugly.. also front with 215/40 on 8,5" wasnt much stretched, so I sold the 225 and went 215 on 9,5 rear..
next I bought 215/35 for front wheels, it looked okay, but the wheel was too small and fender gap appeared, which I didnt like at all.. so I sold them also (all 4 were yokohama parada, fronts were almost new, so it was really bad that they have to go) and bought some pirellis 205/40.. and thats the final setup, front and rear stretched nicely..
the difference between 215 and 225 on 9,5:

and shots on the car..

then came the stanceworks stickers, which I enjoy really much :-D

but of course, I cant stand sunken wheels and I had to use the potencial of stretched tires.. so I went for spaces, 2,5cm front and 1,5cm rear..

front was okay, but rear was not driveable of course

so I needed to pull the fenders a bit :) I found a pro, and he did a great job..

and the hellaflush stance was finally ready!!! :woot:

I didnt like the front to be much higher than rear, so I dropped it more.. :-D now it looks great, but I have oredered a bit wider spacers on the front..
latest pics from last weekend:

and here are two shitty videos, shot by my iphone 4s.. :-D but I have no video editing skills, so they are not so good..

******** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CSs_Ootemr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>*********>

******** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lMuYJcM-_Ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>*********>

and thats all for now :) I plan a lot of changes, but this year, I have to do some maintenance and it will took a some money, so.. I'll see what will be next.. new intercooler, better turbo and ecu tuning.. plan is 260-270HP and 550nm (because of transmission..)

thanks for watching

#28 ·
That car has a lot of character, really loving what you did here!
+1 gotta be one of best E46's on this board as far as "character!!!" :clap: I love it! So different than anything in the USofA

Looks great! More pics of the woman :)
+1 again :thumbsup:

oh and as a lover of photography/photographs, good work with some of the shots!

#11 ·
thanks everybody :)

Studdly_Studright: I dont know if there is powdercoat gold color.. but I like the orange, and it will go to the interior with some sharpie also :)

Performedbeef: :-D the car wasnt ready yet for showing off :)

kakashi_sensi: no way :-D zhp rims are the best stock rims for E46.. they was one of the reason why I bought this one.. ;-)

#22 ·
That's one good looking touring, i love the comic book look on your bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.