E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
blue_t

My Ride: 323ci
help with codes p1770 and p1748

I bought my wife a 2000 328i with a automatic trans a couple of months ago. car drove great, but check engine light was on, p0103,p0171,p0172 ,maf codes and lean codes. fix all the lean codes (ccv) and found the i guess the "hot wire"(this is the wire that air moves across inside the maf sensor) was loose so i soldered it back together.But a small web of solder crossed over to the next terminal and when i started the car it died,started it again and it ran bad,then the check engine light came on and now the transmission light is on too.but ran normal.p1770 and p1748 tryed to clear the codes but they do not clear.so i replaced the maf sensor.tryed to clear codes again nope both codes stayed,the lights didnt even flash off they stayed on solid.been driving car for about a month now,after you drive it the transmission smooths out a little but still shifts too hard. now here is the kicker,while driving for a month with the scanner hooked up i would try to clear codes with no luck at all,trans shifts super hard up and down. But just the other day i was driving the car and hooked the scanner back up and the codes cleared.holly sh*t!! The car drove normal,shifted normal.but when i turn the key off and restarted it the two codes return p1770 and p1748,but now i can clear them,drive the car, no lights all good till i cycle the key off and back on, the codes come back and i have to clear them. sorry such a long story but i had to tell everything.all fuses are good.is there a transmission learn procedure i dont know about?
blue_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
blue_t

My Ride: 323ci
Anyone?? I have searched this code and google but found no help.found no pinpoint test
Of any kind. The definition of the p1748 is internal fault. But I can clear the code and it drives fine until I cycle the key.
blue_t is offline   Reply With Quote