E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #101
COBYATCH

My Ride: 03 325i
Had my radiator and water pump replaced over the weekend, along with an oil and coolant change. Good thing I got to it now, would've been all bad if it had broken while I was driving.

Old radiator lol:

Also my Rho Plate came in. I love how flush it sits and that you can change the angle it sits at, not just directly forward. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a towhook license plate mount.

Planning on buying tail lights now. I'm leaning more towards R/C/R now than LED red/clear. Anyone have opinions on what will look best on my car?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #102
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBYATCH View Post
Had my radiator and water pump replaced over the weekend, along with an oil and coolant change. Good thing I got to it now, would've been all bad if it had broken while I was driving.

Old radiator lol:
[IMGhttp://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/cobyatch/1-5_zpseb9ecdbd.jpg[/IMG]

Also my Rho Plate came in. I love how flush it sits and that you can change the angle it sits at, not just directly forward. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a towhook license plate mount.

[IMGhttp://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/cobyatch/3-5_zpsac688e02.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/cobyatch/2-5_zps08d237eb.jpg[/IMG]

Planning on buying tail lights now. I'm leaning more towards R/C/R now than LED red/clear. Anyone have opinions on what will look best on my car?
Looking good Coby. I hope you did your thermostat and expansion tank while you were in there, if they weren't already done.

I vote RCRs. LEDs look out of place on sedans in my opinion. Your car might look good with RSRs if they're not too dark.
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #103
COBYATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangl92 View Post
Looking good Coby. I hope you did your thermostat and expansion tank while you were in there, if they weren't already done.

I vote RCRs. LEDs look out of place on sedans in my opinion. Your car might look good with RSRs if they're not too dark.
Pretty sure they replaced those too. When I brought it in I only knew that the water pump and radiator needed to be fixed, but I think I remember reading on the receipt that they replaced those too.

The other thing about LEDs is that I always hear about LEDs dying out. At least with the RCR I can just change the bulb rather than take them apart and solder in a new LED. I was thinking of going smoked too, but I haven't seen them in person. I also don't like them too dark, so if anything I can smoke the RCRs later with VHT Niteshades.

Edit: Just pulled the trigger on a set of RCRs.

Last edited by COBYATCH; 12-18-2012 at 07:25 PM.
COBYATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #104
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
Good choice my vote would have been R/C/R
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #105
briangl92

Quote:
Pretty sure they replaced those too. When I brought it in I only knew that the water pump and radiator needed to be fixed, but I think I remember reading on the receipt that they replaced those too.

The other thing about LEDs is that I always hear about LEDs dying out. At least with the RCR I can just change the bulb rather than take them apart and solder in a new LED. I was thinking of going smoked too, but I haven't seen them in person. I also don't like them too dark, so if anything I can smoke the RCRs later with VHT Niteshades.

Edit: Just pulled the trigger on a set of RCRs.
Good choice
Old 12-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #106
COBYATCH

RCR tails are on!

I installed the left side, but all the pics turned out bad lol. I also hate the DEPO on the plastic. Thinking about sanding it down then polishing it out.

Also installed LED interior and replaced my spark plugs. I don't think these have been changed ever. Went smoothly except for when my ratchet hit the positive terminal and it started to spark like a welder. Scared the hell out of me ahaha.

Old plugs

And my SES light came on (Before replacing the spark plugs). I had it diagnosed and they said my howling acceleration was caused by the CCV, and I think the MAF sensor needed to be cleaned/replaced. I didn't get what codes popped up, but I'll probably stop by Autozone or something to get it scanned again to be sure what needs to be fixed.

Last edited by COBYATCH; 12-28-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #107
COBYATCH

Car went back to the shop today Engine started to die out and felt sluggish. Pulled over and I could hear a loud air sound coming from the engine. Same codes came up as last checkup (228, 227, 238, 242, 243, 239, 241, 203, 202, 240). Said it was the CCV and air mass meter.

Last edited by COBYATCH; 12-28-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #108
briangl92

Quote:
Car went back to the shop today Engine started to die out and felt sluggish. Pulled over and I could hear a loud air sound coming from the engine. Same codes came up as last checkup (228, 227, 238, 242, 243, 239, 241, 203, 202, 240). Said it was the CCV and air mass meter.
Sounds like a massive vacuum leak. Check all your intake hoses while they're in there, especially in the bellows. Could partially be the problem.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #109
COBYATCH

Quote:
Sounds like a massive vacuum leak. Check all your intake hoses while they're in there, especially in the bellows. Could partially be the problem.
Definitely could be. I'll ask my mechanic to check them.

Here's a video of the problem:
Old 12-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #110
briangl92

Quote:
Definitely could be. I'll ask my mechanic to check them.

Here's a video of the problem:
Hard to tell where it's coming from in the video, but with that kind of noise, definitely check out your intake hoses. Nice tail lights by the way
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #111
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Definitely a big leak, whats up with your rpm needle? It break while you painted them?
Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #113
COBYATCH

Quote:
Hard to tell where it's coming from in the video, but with that kind of noise, definitely check out your intake hoses. Nice tail lights by the way
Will do. And thanks! They look so much nicer than the all reds. I forgot how clear these tail lights were after I painted them all red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
Definitely a big leak, whats up with your rpm needle? It break while you painted them?
Not when I painted them, but when I took off the old paint lmao. I used acetone to take off the old paint so I could redo them with a Sharpie so they light up, and I guess the acetone made the needle brittle and it snapped. Been wanting to order a new one off of eBay, but I keep lagging on it. My car is auto so I don't need it anytime soon.

Edit:
Quote:
Just sent that guy a PM. Looks like I'm getting a new needle and gauge rings Hopefully someone hasn't bought it yet. Thanks for looking out!

Last edited by COBYATCH; 12-28-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #114
COBYATCH

got my car back from the shop, and got the new cluster in today. swapped in the grey gauge faces, needles, and housing with the silver rings. looks much better hahah. unsure if i should do red needles on these.

works perfectly:

i probably should've closed the door LOL. feel free to keep it on mute idk.

Last edited by COBYATCH; 01-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #115
COBYATCH

More pictures of the tail lights like I said. Went out and did a photoshoot for the last weekend of Christmas break. I'll try to process most of them.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #116
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Damn, car is looking mint. I wouldnt mind it lower but even at your current height.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #117
briangl92

Quote:
got my car back from the shop, and got the new cluster in today. swapped in the grey gauge faces, needles, and housing with the silver rings. looks much better hahah. unsure if i should do red needles on these.

[IMGhttp://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/cobyatch/image1_zps76d5d022.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/cobyatch/image_zpsf40c3719.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/cobyatch/photo_zps426b64c2.jpg[/IMG]

works perfectly:

i probably should've closed the door LOL. feel free to keep it on mute idk.
You had it programmed with the correct mileage and everything right? Otherwise you'll get the tamper dot.

Last edited by briangl92; 01-27-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #118
SkrApUNB

Looks like he just swapped the parts over. thats what i would have done too.

Coby, car is look great man. I have loved watching your progress.

-Brandon
SkrApUNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #119
briangl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrApUNB View Post

Ah, makes sense.

Looking good Coby!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #120
COBYATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bimmer View Post
Damn, car is looking mint. I wouldnt mind it lower but even at your current height.
Thanks! Really wish I could, but my driveway keeps me from going lower because of it's high angle and twists. I seriously wanna repave it ahha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrApUNB View Post

Yeah just swapped them over.

Thanks! I love your car too. Looks so nice on coils.

Quote:
Looking good Coby!
Thanks Brian!

Here's another pic from the front:

Last edited by COBYATCH; 01-05-2013 at 05:11 PM.