E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #41
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Honestly ethan, take spoonfuls of olive oil, coconut oil, and PB throughout the day. Fat does not = getting fat.

Ethan, would you mind sharing a current profile shot of yourself at 135 pounds? By no means am I seeking to see it and make fun of it or anything like that, I'm just generally curious about what a figure of these proportions is built like. Maybe that way we can help you get double as motivated as you are now have a baseline for when you update us in another month and you're 145
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #42
Ethaniscool

My Ride: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I did you a favour and added that up for you, based on the detail you provided.

Total: 1474 calories

24g fat
153g carbs
172g protein

Being active 3 times a week, you need 2300 calories to stay the same weight.

If you continued to eat the way you do now, you would weigh 123 lbs by April 1st.

You need to double what you are eating (literally, double the portions or split them out over the day), and put some muscle on your body. The more you eat like this, the more muscle you lose, and the less fat you are able to burn. It's incredibly unhealthy.

You have really screwed your metabolism over, guaranteed. You will have a very very hard time eating that kind of food, and will probably have to ramp it up over the next couple of weeks. You need to FORCE the food in, expand your stomach, and get your metabolism going again. Eating tons of soup is a great way to expand your stomach initially for example.

Don't be afraid of fat if it means you are getting the calories in, right now total calories is all you need to worry about.

Keep working out, and eat double what you are now. Look at the breakdown of your day, and fit more calories in where you aren't consuming me (breakfast is the huge standout... eat the yolk and get those calories in).

You will never have six pack abs doing what you are doing now, but what you will obtain is health complications including loss of libido (i'm sure your gf will love that!)
I mean I have seen a huge improvement in my abs/Chest and Arms since starting all this. I mean I understand if Im lossing body fat what I have will be more visable but I am building muscle..... so I am confussed and I am pretty damn full after I eat.

Quote:
Honestly ethan, take spoonfuls of olive oil, coconut oil, and PB throughout the day. Fat does not = getting fat.
Been doing this before and after workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Having abs doesn't mean having a strong core at all. And 135 lbs is rediculous. Jesus eat something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post

Ethan, would you mind sharing a current profile shot of yourself at 135 pounds? By no means am I seeking to see it and make fun of it or anything like that, I'm just generally curious about what a figure of these proportions is built like. Maybe that way we can help you get double as motivated as you are now have a baseline for when you update us in another month and you're 145
I will in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
strike three watch your back
Ethaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
I just ate an 1,100 calorie shake. That is all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #44
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I just ate an 1,100 calorie shake. That is all.

Weight gainer?
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #45
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Weight gainer?
Naw. Home made. Just hungry.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #46
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Naw. Home made. Just hungry.

Recipe please!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #47
Glight

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Recipe please!!!!
1 cup oats
6 tbsp peanut butter
2 scoops protein powder
Fill the rest of the glass with whole milk

Stir until it's all mixed in

Drink

Last edited by Glight; 02-13-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #48
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
I do the same thong^ but ill mix in olive oil, maybe an egg or two and really whatever else I can find.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #49
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
I do the same thong^ but ill mix in olive oil, maybe an egg or two and really whatever else I can find.
That thong, tha thong thong thong.....

....I like yo booty goes, I like the way yo booty goesssssssss, that thong tha thong thong thong.

I just had a Cisqo moment!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #50
Ethaniscool

Quote:
1 cup oats
6 tbsp peanut butter
2 scoops protein powder
Fill the rest of the glass with whole milk

Stir until it's all mixed in

Drink

I cant defiantly make this and throw it in.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #51
Ethaniscool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post

There 135lbs.

Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #52
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethaniscool View Post

There 135lbs.
dude you're probably 120. That beard alone is 15lbs.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #53
BreakMyWallet

And your dome looks huge with you beig that small. Definitely need to put on weight man. I literally eat everything and have a 6 pack at 200lbs. Gaining weight doesn't mean you won't have a six pack. I'm not sure why you wanted to lose weight when you weren't big to begin with. Good luck with it though. Everyone has this point in their fitness career

Last edited by BreakMyWallet; 02-14-2013 at 10:29 AM.
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #54
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Ethan, I wrote this 4.5 years ago. I felt it applies to this situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears
Hey, hoping some fitness junkies can help me on this.

3 Weeks ago I decided to cut some of my fat back (I'm not fat but I definitely don't have ripped abs, can feel the fat on top of the muscle). I'm 6' 0" and I just turned 20. My goal is to go from my starting weight of 177.0 lbs down to about 155-160, depending on how skinny I start to get.

I don't want to take protein / work out since I have decent muscles and I am trying to shed the BF% (if my memory serves me i started at 17%) before working on strength training / muscle weight gain.

Anyways my routine is pretty simple (but I still find it hard to follow). I eat vector cereal in the morning, for lunch it's usually subway/wendys (always fast food, too lazy to make something for work) and for supper maybe steak & potatoes, anyways I try and keep my calorie intake to 2500 and lower and it seems to be working. Also I try (and have only done this 1 of 3 weeks) to do a 40 minute run on my treadmill that burns 500 calories each time at least 5 times a week.

I am pretty active, playing street hockey / moving around a lot but I do work at a desk job so that doesn't help.

Anyways every week I've been weighing myself, I started at 177.0 on 08/12 and then the next week I was down to 176.4 (a 0.6 lb loss) on 8/18, then I went camping for a week so I didn't get to measure myself until 08/31 where I found to my suprise I was down to 172.4 lbs, which is about 5 lbs lost since I started.

Anyways sorry for the long post, just wondering if my routine is working (which it seems to be, just wondering if it will continue or if this is water loss etc.) and any improvements/critiques you guys have.

Thanks!
I'm currently 180 lbs, and about 100x as strong as I was back then, with much less fat.

I've been in your shoes, and now I'm trying to save you from yourself (I needed this forum for that). At the end of the day it is up to you whether or not you want to listen!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #55
DylloS

Quote:
Ethan, I wrote this 4.5 years ago. I felt it applies to this situation

I'm currently 180 lbs, and about 100x as strong as I was back then, with much less fat.

I've been in your shoes, and now I'm trying to save you from yourself (I needed this forum for that). At the end of the day it is up to you whether or not you want to listen!
that's interesting man. I like seeing things like that.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #56
dabears

Quote:
that's interesting man. I like seeing things like that.
Yeah big reason of why I document everything on here... it's really interesting/motivating to look back and see what you were like... almost like a freeze frame of your mental state (or in this case, being a complete newb).
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #57
DylloS

Quote:
Yeah big reason of why I document everything on here... it's really interesting/motivating to look back and see what you were like... almost like a freeze frame of your mental state (or in this case, being a complete newb).
I had that problem two summers ago. I just wanted to cut fat and I got skinny and weak. The worst part was I didn't even get abs lol. I just got skinny. I really think I am in the best shape I've ever been now and it's only been a little over a year. I'm loving this.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #58
BreakMyWallet

When you start to get stronger, you care less about physical appearance and just try to get your best numbers. Appearance goes hand in hand.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #59
DylloS

Quote:
When you start to get stronger, you care less about physical appearance and just try to get your best numbers. Appearance goes hand in hand.
exactly how I did it. I said to myself "If I'm getting stronger I will build muscle"
Old 02-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #60
dabears

I think a lot of people (I know I did) get involved in fitness because of the vain "aesthetic" benefits. I've done a complete 180 and am seeking athletic ability and strength, understanding that a good appearance will follow with a proper diet and cutting.

A lot of folks also seem to think that the minute they lift a weight they will look like a bodybuilder, which is pretty insulting