E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
Jet Moto

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
FS: Gruppe M Intake 325/330

Rubber around intake housing worn in some areas, but intake in good shape overall.

EDIT: Fits 330 only!

$335 shipped

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Last edited by Jet Moto; 05-23-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Jet Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Jet Moto

bump! make offer
Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
i think its only for 330's because only 330's have the 3.5 inch intake
Old 05-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
trade for a Dinan Carbon Fiber CAI?
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
trade for a Dinan Carbon Fiber CAI?
do you have the long tube intake?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
yep
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
carlito91

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Just so that everyone is clear, I bought this intake from this guy (he had a different username, but the pics are the same--I have screenshots of his original posts) a few months ago, and the neoprene rubber seal between the carbon fiber housing and the intake is enlarged and falling off (it is normally glued on to the filter itself), such that I didn't trust putting it on my car. A new filter is over $200.00 from GruppeM in Japan--good luck finding it anywhere else.

Attached are screenshots of his original post and my personal pictures of the intake in the short time I had it before returning it to him.

OP: Please make sure you make clear ALL of the known issues with the item.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 4.16.19 PM.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	451699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 4.16.36 PM.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	451700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 4.17.16 PM.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	451701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 4.17.25 PM.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	451702  

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 4.17.34 PM.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	451703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 4.17.45 PM.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	451704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 4.17.56 PM.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	451705   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter 1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	451706  

Name:	filter 2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	451707   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter 3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	451708  

Last edited by carlito91; 05-15-2012 at 02:05 AM.
carlito91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
Jet Moto

Carlito, you have to be kidding me right? This was solved a few months back. I was courteous to offer a return on the item on something I didn't do, so I do not appreciate your interference with the current sale.

For anyone curious about the story,
Previous buyer washed the filter, but discovered the seal was almost off the filter as seen in picture above. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't do it, so I offered a full return. I am not trying to cheat anyone here. Seal has been properly glued since then and all is fine now.

A new filter IS NOT needed. You have to be out of your mind to buy a new filter for something so miniscule. Carlito apparently was not comfortable to DIY fix the seal, which only required a bit of adhesive and massage to get the seal back on the filter correctly. The issue has been corrected.

As stated, intake in great working condition and DOES NOT have any problems other than the worn rubber around intake housing.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
carlito91

You know what I and other potential buyers don't appreciate? Not mentioning a known problem when selling an item.

When I received the intake and took off the bell housing according to the instructions (unscrew clamp, lift off), the seal basically fell in my lap BEFORE I WASHED IT. You said you had cleaned the filter before sending it, so I assumed you would have known and informed me about any issues with the seal. I am not paying that much money for a faulty intake, and I am sure as hell not fixing something myself that shouldn't have needed fixing according to your description. I would have been out of my mind to NOT get a return on a $350.00 part.

I do appreciate that you made the return easy, however:

You should have told me about the issue and you should have told potential buyers this time around that the seal had an issue that you fixed yourself (buyers now know, so I am content). If you had mentioned this upfront I would not have commented--I want to make sure buyers are informed.

I am also curious as to why you are using a different username now, did you hope I wouldn't notice?

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by carlito91; 05-15-2012 at 05:01 PM.
carlito91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
Jet Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito91 View Post
You know what I and other potential buyers don't appreciate? Not mentioning a known problem when selling an item.

When I received the intake and took off the bell housing according to the instructions (unscrew clamp, lift off), the seal basically fell in my lap BEFORE I WASHED IT. You said you had cleaned the filter before sending it, so I assumed you would have known and informed me about any issues with the seal. I am not paying that much money for a faulty intake, and I am sure as hell not fixing something myself that shouldn't have needed fixing according to your description. I would have been out of my mind to NOT get a return on a $350.00 part.

I do appreciate that you made the return easy, however:

You should have told me about the issue and you should have told potential buyers this time around that the seal had an issue that you fixed yourself (buyers now know, so I am content).

I am also curious as to why you are using a different username now, did you hope I wouldn't notice?

Good luck with the sale--you might try bimmerforums or ebay.
This is absolutely absurd and bogus. We both came to a mutual understanding that none of us was aware of the issue. Was it buyer's remorse? Was is it the bitter taste of refusing to pay you $200 to buy a new filter from Japan? Why are you now assuming I would have known? How can I not know it was you that caused the issue? I don't understand Carlito. This matter has been picked apart and settled. To come back on here and infer that I deliberately sold "a faulty item" to you and now trying to cheat another buyer is unwarranted. I thought you had more class and integrity than that, but I guess I was wrong.

If I intentionally sold the item like that, why would I be so lenient on the return when I could've easily refused to do anything and run away? Quite odd for someone trying to cheat you eh?

Interesting you also try to villian-ize me by accusing me of "changing my username." Considering the circumstances then, my wife listed the item on her account while I was overseas. Did you actually think I was trying to hide from you by selling under this name? Check when both user names were created. They were long created before the sale my friend. Since its been at least 2 months since the dispute, I am surprised you haven't accused me of waiting this long to re-sell the item. I guess I was hoping you would forget me by now, right? Furthermore, somehow I would be foolish enough to use the same pictures too if I was trying to avoid you eh? Let me break it to you, the world doesn't revolve around you and I was not even at the slightest thinking of you when I made this thread.

I am an honest and straightforward guy. If there was anything wrong with it, I would admit it. I just don't do business by concealing damage from people. I've sold/bought dozen of items on this forum with many members without any issues.

I would reckon that 9 out of 10 folks who would receive the intake as you did would probably not make a big of deal as you are. Most would probably come to some rational and logical sense to try and glue it back rather than irrationally and illogically requesting the seller to pay $200 for a new intake.

Stop crying wolf to such a miniscule problem. Currently as is, the seal is on the filter perfectly. Seals fine to the bell housing..no holes, no gaps....no missing pieces or anything. Absolutely no fault to the intake. End of story.

I'll just end with these parting words: best of luck to you anal retentive folks. There is so much more to life than nit-picking and fretting over the small things.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
Jet Moto

For any serious buyers, please feel free to request more pictures on the item before buying. I would be glad to provide them. If you are expecting perfection, then I encourage you to look elsewhere. This item is used and in great working condition.

In the mean time, please checkout these current pictures of the seal to bell housing.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
carlito91

Thank you for clarifying the condition of the item. Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
WheyArea

My Ride: '03 TiAg ///M3
I own the exact same filter and the seal being "unglued" is not a huge problem at all. It's merely a gasket that seals off any air leaks between the filter and housing. You could re glue it no problem and/or use some other material. The filter is also reusable, so no need to buy a $200 filter from Japan.

If the story is true, then Carlito I'm sorry but you were really overreacting. You shouldn't have posted in this thread and poisoned the OP's sale. Not fair man

GLWS - the Gruppe M sounds awesome in 1st and 2nd

/// Dinan ECU /// Brembo BBK /// BBS LM 19" /// Bilstein PSS10
/// Eisenmann Exhaust /// Supersprint Mid Pip /// AC Schnitzer Spoiler
/// Hamann Lip /// AC Schnitzer CF Diffuser /// K&N CAI /// Valentine 1

Coming Soon...... OEM SSK, CSL bootlid
WheyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
auto180sx

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
GLWS.

I have a Dinan "High Flow Intake" with roughly 100 miles on it I'd like to trade...

OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
Jet Moto

Appreciate the offer for trade, but I am just looking for cash.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Jet Moto

Bump!
Old 05-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
babydocjd

My Ride: Bauer Vapor X 3.0
soooo, whats the current price shipped?

---J!E!T!S! JETS JETS Winnipeg Jets!---
babydocjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #18
bb-famm