E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #81
PRDesignsTony

My Ride: 02 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris@TSS View Post
Never even heard of either of those.
agreed

Stretch + poke = All show, no go!!!
PRDesignsTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #82
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDesignsTony View Post
These go a lot lower than regular sport suspension lol. What would be the point of this coils if they wouldn't go lower than stock sport suspension.
Handling. Lowering the E46 more than 1"-1.5" actually makes the body want to roll more than if it is within the aforementioned range.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #83
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
Ill have a full review within 5 days of receiving the coils!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #84
PRDesignsTony

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Handling. Lowering the E46 more than 1"-1.5" actually makes the body want to roll more than if it is within the aforementioned range.
it makes it want to roll more but the coils stop it from rolling more. When i had my 330ci and i switched to H&R race springs, WOW what a huge difference in handling. It was lower, handled way better, had a lot less body roll. Also looked better. I'd take a good pair of coils over stock sport springs any day

Old 06-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #85
Alanz0

My Ride: 325i
I was considering jom coilovers, same price as these almost and 2 year warranty and heard good reviews. But saw a couple threads where people had rusting issues and coils binding.
Alanz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #86
PRDesignsTony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanz0 View Post
I was considering jom coilovers, same price as these almost and 2 year warranty and heard good reviews. But saw a couple threads where people had rusting issues and coils binding.
Rust is something you can't completely take away if your constantly driving in snow or have all season weather where you live. Some coils have special coatings to prolong the rust but it's not 100% rust proof. You can basically compare these to the ST coils. They are great coils but if your constantly in snow with salt and rain than im sure these coils will not hold up as long as some of the $1600 ones.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #87
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDesignsTony View Post
it makes it want to roll more but the coils stop it from rolling more. When i had my 330ci and i switched to H&R race springs, WOW what a huge difference in handling. It was lower, handled way better, had a lot less body roll. Also looked better. I'd take a good pair of coils over stock sport springs any day
H&R Race springs aren't a handling upgrade. Read up on E46 suspension geometry on M3forum.

TCKline, Moton, AST, Ground Control, and select models of KW are the primary coilovers that offer huge handling increases. Consequently they don't go that low.

Springs that might improve handling: H&R Sport (depending on spring rate), and Tein H-Tech- as that line only lowers the car around .5" while bumping spring rates substantially.

Eibach Pro-Kit and Dinan springs handling just around as well as stock sport springs.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #88
Alanz0

My Ride: 325i
^+1
Alanz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #89
PRDesignsTony

Quote:
H&R Race springs aren't a handling upgrade. Read up on E46 suspension geometry on M3forum.

TCKline, Moton, AST, Ground Control, and select models of KW are the primary coilovers that offer huge handling increases. Consequently they don't go that low.

Springs that might improve handling: H&R Sport (depending on spring rate), and Tein H-Tech- as that line only lowers the car around .5" while bumping spring rates substantially.

Eibach Pro-Kit and Dinan springs handling just around as well as stock sport springs.
lmao listen to this kid? I had a 330ci with sport springs, i switched to H&R racing springs and the handling was much better lmao. This is from experience so you need to get your head out of the clouds, IF you haven't experienced it for yourself than stop trying to prove a point. IF the H&R springs had the same rebound as the stock oem sport springs plus the car would be lowered around an inch than you would be hitting every pot hole and rubbing up on everything possible. The H&R race springs where A LOT stiffer than the oem sport springs resulting in less body role making your car handle a lot better over corners.

Say what ever you want but i know from experience as i drove a stock 330ci for around 5 months, than switched to H&R race springs and the difference was tremendous in handling and body role. Dropping a car an inch from oem height is not much.

Both my 330ci's that where on H&R racing springs

So PLEASE stop bs-ing me on something I have experienced and know personally.

Last edited by PRDesignsTony; 06-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #90
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
I have just ordered these!!! Wish me luck lol! ....and i want my $50 off as soon as i review these lol!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #91
PNWDiego

My Ride: 328ci
Quote:
Uh. No it doesnt. A lower center of gravity reduces body roll, squat & dive on its own. Stiffer springs further help prevent the above.

Having said that there isnt a single suspn setup that will be killer on any/all tracks. You would almost need a diffrent setup for every corner, so sure maybe in some instances stock susp is 'better' than a lowering spring. But if you want handling, the more adjustability th better. That is of course if you know what to do w it lol
PNWDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #92
PRDesignsTony

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWDiego View Post
Uh. No it doesnt. A lower center of gravity reduces body roll, squat & dive on its own. Stiffer springs further help prevent the above.

Having said that there isnt a single suspn setup that will be killer on any/all tracks. You would almost need a diffrent setup for every corner, so sure maybe in some instances stock susp is 'better' than a lowering spring. But if you want handling, the more adjustability th better. That is of course if you know what to do w it lol
their are great suspension upgrades out their that are designed specifically for the track but they cost almost as much as an e46 if not more. But I do agree with you. I'm not sure where that guy was getting his information from.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #93
Kris@TSS
Sponsor

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanz0 View Post
The Street Edge coilover housing is a black galvanize. Eventually it does rust but in normal weather conditions you might not ever see this. In extreme conditions with constant exposure you may see rust after sometime but galvanize still lasts quite a bit longer than normal steel. Our springs are coated to prevent rust as well.
1-888-230-1288
kristina@thesuspensionsource.com
www.thesuspensionsource.com
Kris@TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #94
Zabusa

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325
I might be interested in a set and willing to do a review since i havent seen anything posted as long as the $399 price stands!
Zabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #95
Kris@TSS
Sponsor

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i
We have a handful of reviews being done. We are no longer offering the discount for reviews.
1-888-230-1288
kristina@thesuspensionsource.com
www.thesuspensionsource.com
Kris@TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #96
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris@TSS View Post
We have a handful of reviews being done. We are no longer offering the discount for reviews.
Fine I won't do a review then.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #97
stevenluczynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
at 400 I'ts still a good buy..
Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #98
PRDesignsTony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
ohhhhhh noooooooo!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #99
E46runsPCB

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
Someone do a review and put some pictures of these things! I don't know if I should get these or the H&R cup kit...
Old 06-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #100
stevenluczynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46runsPCB View Post
Someone do a review and put some pictures of these things! I don't know if I should get these or the H&R cup kit...
give me 3 days!