E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
OK read all these posts on cables, now I am confused- Help!!

Ok, so I sent the past 2 days reading different post trying to figure out what cable to buy and and what software to use. Now I am really confused. I read post that said buy certain cables and solder stuff, etc...

Here is what I want to do, maybe someone can point me in the right direction...
I have a 2000 323ci built 10/99 & 2006 325ci. I want to be able to turn features on and off, read codes etc.. I would like to buy a cable (I think I also need the 20pin to OBD adapter) that I don't have to modify at all and software that can do these things. I would prefer straight software and not vmware...

If what I am reading DIS/Progman might be able to do this.... But I have Dynavin Radios in my cars, so I don't think I can use those programs. I also read something about NCS Expert and WinKFP, that maybe that would work.

So any help pointing me in the right direction on what cable/software to buy would be great. I don't mind spending $50-$100 on cables as long as I don't have to modify the cables...

Semper Fi
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 2001 3 Pedal M54b30
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
NCS expert is hte program you are looking for. As far as buying a ready to use cable you are going to have to spend money. I bought the $10 cable just soldered one connection and remade the eprom and it worked great.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
dayusmc

Thank you! Where would I get a ready made cable?

Kyle
Old 05-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 2001 3 Pedal M54b30
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
ebay. i think they run about $80
Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
NCS can be very involved. Also try looking into PA Soft 1.4 that is available on ebay with a cable. Just research it to see if it can change all the settings you are interested in. If you are very good with computers the NCS programs are very capable.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
dayusmc

I saw a few cables/software on ebay. But I am unsure what one would not have to be modified .....

Kyle