E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
Worx
Euro tuner

My Ride: BMW
They look good, I love how fat it makes the rear look, not a fan of seeing rim tho.

353 Albert Street Brunswick 3056
Victoria, Australia.

Tel: 9387-4440
Web: www.worxauto.com.au
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/WorxAutomotive
Worx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #22
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
max camber plus a drop should be tucking the rear nicely! cant wait to see the end result.... im guessing that the pics of the rears on are without the coilovers installed?

Last edited by steve.k; 05-13-2012 at 08:51 PM.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #23
m2a

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Voww the rear looks awesome..
Sent from my U20i using Bimmer App
m2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #24
CortinaD

My Ride: lots
Coming along nicely!

Where are you jacking the car from?
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #25
Nath

My Ride: MY13 Maloo
awesome mods, LOVE the wheels but not the stretch

Looking forward to seeing the V2's go on
Old 05-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #26
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worx View Post
They look good, I love how fat it makes the rear look, not a fan of seeing rim tho.
That's cool, yeah I actually how you can see the rim

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie.k View Post
max camber plus a drop should be tucking the rear nicely! cant wait to see the end result.... im guessing that the pics of the rears on are without the coilovers installed?
Yep stock suspension still. Will max rear camber and roll rear fenders. I wanna try fit a 5mm or 12mm spacer in the rear. The test fit was to see how much space I have but it's hard to tell with the car sitting so high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
Coming along nicely!

Where are you jacking the car from?
Thanks. The car was jacked from the subframe brace which is just infront of the diff. Not on the actual diff itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath View Post
awesome mods, LOVE the wheels but not the stretch

Looking forward to seeing the V2's go on
Thanks! Yeah the stretch isn't for everyone. I actually like certain wheels with stretch, others non stretched. Like I love TE37s (18") with no stretch, but prefer LMs with some stretch. But yeah if it's stretched it needs to be low else it looks really bad.
ating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #27
ating

Small Update: Yay! Finally my Rogue Engineering RSMs have arrived. I bought 4 extra bushings in case I need to rebuild them in the future. This week I also ordered 12mm Macht Schnell spacers for the fronts wheels, should arrive next week. The car has been booked in on 26 May to get the rear fenders rolled. I just want to roll the rears first. If needs be, I might roll the fronts but I heard the fender liner will sag as rolling the fronts will detach the fender and fender liner. Meaning I will need to cut the fender liner - which I'm not too keen on. I have also booked the car on 28 May for Inspection II, suspension install and the wheels to go on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsm.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	452085  
Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #28
chaza

My Ride: 320i
looks mean from the back
chaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:50 AM   #29
omarmarji
Banned User

My Ride: E36 332i
wow WINNING!!! such a sexy car you are doing great man
omarmarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #30
ating

Ok, so yesterday and today my car had an Inspection II (with valve adjustment - and they were apparently perfect, didn't require adjusting), new suspension and wheels went on. Height was adjusted and camber maxed in the rear and front approximately -2 degrees. I won't know for sure until I get a car alignment. Pretty happy with the way it sits, but I'd still like to go a bit lower. I'll drive around it as is and see how it goes, but so far so good. No rubbing, except for one time at full-lock I heard the fronts rub. Rears are fine. I still have a finger gap between the wheel and fender so I reckon I can go lower and put a small spacer in the rear to match the fronts. At the moment the fronts are more aggressive than the rears.

The problem I have at the moment is that my mechanic set the rears to their lowest setting and it's still not low enough. Also, having just done some reading on KW v2 installs, I think he installed the rear upside down The height adjuster is supposed to be on top of the rear spring, but he installed it on the bottom. Dunno what effect it has. I'm still not convinced the rears were height adjusted properly. I'll have to play around with it myself.

For those with KW v2s. For the rear, I have my height adjuster at the bottom and my mechanic wound the purple collar (spring perch) all the way DOWN. He said this would lower the car. But I thought winding UP would lower the car as it compresses and shortens the spring height - thus lowering the car. Which is correct?

Anyway onto the pics.

Front.

Side.

Rear close up. You can see that there's still a decent gap (finger width) so I'll probably try fit a 5mm+ spacer later on.

Rear.

Front close up. You can see that the fronts are more aggressive than the rear, so the rear definitely needs a spacer to fill it out.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1050083.JPG
Views:	788
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	453740   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050065.JPG
Views:	3953
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	453741   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050057.JPG
Views:	768
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	453742   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050041.JPG
Views:	928
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	453743  

Name:	P1050088.JPG
Views:	756
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	453744  
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #31
MSportBMW

My Ride: E46, EVO8
I always liked those rims but i'm just not a fan of the stretched tyre thing. Overall look is good though
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #32
LSM3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Love it - looks amazing.

2006 CS M3 | ESS Tune : CSL SMG tune : Eisenmann Race : Eibach : Tekarbon
LSM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #33
niiCk

My Ride: E90
looks awesome! i like it..though youre right, the rears need a spacer.
Also, the mechanic is right in that he wound it all the way down..that will lower the car. The higher the collar, the higher the car.
You have to think of it like..the springs have their spring rates, you cant raise the collar and have the car drop lower. The springs will push the car higher as you raise the collar.

Sorry if i dont make sense but yeah lol..and yes i think he put it upside down. My KW's have the collar at the top.
niiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #34
CortinaD

My Ride: lots
I like the wheels but think that stretch looks ridiculous but what ever floats your boat however I feel the first cop that sees that will light you up.

Either way

I put my adjuster up the top as per the instructions

The rears don't go as low as the front can. This is mine with stock 19's as low as it goes with perch in place.

I think you if you want to go lower you will need to remove the perch and install it just rubber on rubber as they with the factory springs.

Last edited by CortinaD; 05-29-2012 at 04:14 AM.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #35
niiCk

My Ride: E90
Yep, the only way to go lower is take the spring perches off..and if you want to go lower, dont use the rubbers lol
niiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #36
Oz 330

My Ride: 2004 DYII M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
I like the wheels but think that stretch looks ridiculous but what ever floats your boat however I feel the first cop that sees that will light you up.
+1

Also think it looks plenty low enough ... just me though i guess ...
Oz 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #37
alvchua

My Ride: E46 M3 CSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
I then spent a lot of time looking through various wheels, in the end decided to go with BBS LMs. Yes, a very played out wheel so decided to get them in the less common 19x9.5 ET32 and 19x11 ET25 size.

I wanted to go for the stretched look (love it or hate it, though many hate it lol!). So decided to go with Falken FK452s in 235/35 and 275/30.

Love the LM's - would you mind advising your source for the wheels?
alvchua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #38
Davconelectric

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz 330 View Post
+1

also think it looks plenty low enough ... Just me though i guess ...
+1.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #39
aar0n_91

My Ride: 05 BMW325CI///MSport
looks INSANE!!!

BMW 325 CI ///M-SPORT INDIVIDUAL
aar0n_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #40
ating

Thanks for the comments guys. Yep, I know stretch isn't for everyone but for now I really like it. Handling of the car hasn't been affected for daily commutes, but I have yet to do a spirited run. I did notice the fronts are rubbing against the inside fender lining...lol even when negotiating roundabouts. It doesn't bother me too much as long as it's not rubbing on the actual guard or rim.

Thanks for those that commented on the rear spring setup. I'll get my mechanic to fix it the right way. Also, good idea on removing that height adjuster. I think if I remove it it'll lower the car another 2cm, that might be too much. Was only thinking another 1cm or so in the rear and maybe 1-2cm in the front. The rears are fine, don't rub at all even over bumps.

Alvin, I got the wheels off Paul from Street To Track. This is his website: http://streettotrack.com/
Dodgy looking website, haha but he's legit. If you want a set for your CSL, most go with the 19x8.5 ET32 and 19x10 ET25 setup. This will fit well and won't need any fender or camber mods. Or you can go 1" wider but will need to run some more camber, do a bit of fender work and stretch tyres.