E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
mattfarrington

My Ride: 04 325xi
License Plate Holder thingy-majigger-jabobber?

Well I've seen civic's and various cars where the license plate hangs off to the side of the bumper, a tad bit lower than OEM.

I've seen the Tow Hook license plate holders, but I'd really rather find SOME way to make mine look good, without spending $40-100.

Anyone know of an idea?

I COULD drill holes, but that's tacky.
mattfarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
serdar255

My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
TJ69

My Ride: 328CI
Go to this site and check this bracket out,It can be adjusted low or high , to the left side , right side , etc....

After Years of running no front plate I finally got pulled over a couple months ago and instead of paying the ticket I had the option to put a front plate on but of course didnt want to drill, This one worked out perfectly (i did have to make two tiny drill holes underneath the lip)

http://www.skene.org/bmw/plate/

http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

Last edited by TJ69; 06-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
TJ69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
BeeamW

My Ride: 04' BMW 330Ci (vert)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ69 View Post
Go to this site and check this bracket out,It can be adjusted low or high , to the left side , right side , etc....

After Years of running no front plate I finally got pulled over a couple months ago and instead of paying the ticket I had the option to put a front plate on but of course didnt want to drill, This one worked out perfectly (i did have to make two tiny drill holes underneath the lip)

http://www.skene.org/bmw/plate/
So you ordered one from the the link? Did it fit right? And how credilble is the seller...the site seems amatearish. How long was the shipping...just want to know how long I will have to drive without the front plate.
BeeamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
TJ69

Yep, ordered direct from that link (I was desperate at the time) actually this link looks better : http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

The cop that pulled me over and gave me the ticket for no license plate was a REAL JACKASS, I didnt ever want to give another cop that was in a bad mood a good excuse to pull me over again

But It fits incredible (just study the instructions and take your time) and is well made , The guy who designed this thing is a genius (imho),

there was NO WAY i was drilling into the front of my bumper

The shipping was pretty quick (3 or 4 days)

Its worth every cent

Last edited by TJ69; 06-18-2012 at 04:55 PM.
TJ69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
BeeamW

Quote:
Yep, ordered direct from that link (I was desperate at the time) actually this link looks better : http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

The cop that pulled me over and gave me the ticket for no license plate was a REAL JACKASS, I didnt ever want to give another cop that was in a bad mood a good excuse to pull me over again

But It fits incredible (just study the instructions and take your time) and is well made , The guy who designed this thing is a genius (imho),

there was NO WAY i was drilling into the front of my bumper

The shipping was pretty quick (3 or 4 days)

Its worth every cent
Did you have to pick the size from the drop down or you just mentioned the year and model of your car when ordering? And size should I get for my 04 330 ci vert?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
TJ69

Yes, I checked the drop down and mine was a Short, Put your year and model where it asked when you are ordering - Your 04' falls into the same size - Short
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
BeeamW

Quote:
Yes, I checked the drop down and mine was a Short, Put your year and model where it asked when you are ordering - Your 04' falls into the same size - Short
Thanks man. Just ordered it but the website only asks for year, make and model of the car during checkout and does not select anything automatically. I had to manually select the short size based on your input. Hope they fit!!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
TJ69

No Problem,
it will be fine, the short is perfect - let me know what you think when you get it and take your time and read the instructions carefully and there shouldnt be any problems
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
BeeamW

Quote:
No Problem,
it will be fine, the short is perfect - let me know what you think when you get it and take your time and read the instructions carefully and there shouldnt be any problems
I will probably let the body shop handle it since my car is going back in. Hope it arrives by this weekend.