E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #21
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Yes that's a fair price. Enjoy it.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #22
Pete_repete

My Ride: 98 Civic, 02 M3
I just bought my e46 m3 from Texas and had it shipped back to NY 2 weeks ago. It is very clean and in great condition. The car has 115k miles and completely stock minus koni adjustables and ground control camber plates. No issues whatsoever. For the car I paid 13300 but with transportation and airfare it came to about 15k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperJerzey View Post
I just found my dream car on eBay, Apline white 2002 BMW m3,manual, and it has a supersprint exhaust, k&n intake, custom seats and chrome rims with a navi and good interior. 144k miles and i got him down to $11,500. Does it seem to good to be true to get it for that low? All the mods could mean he raced it? Is it beat on? What should I replace first? The dealership says its a great car and im flying down next week to drive her home. Im in NJ its in FL... I appreciate any advice because I want to keep this car alive as long as I am.
Thanks Guys
Because it has an exhaust and intake doesn't mean it was raced but an M3 is meant to be driven and driven hard. For wheels, to each their own. When you get it change all fluids. Before you get it check the subframe and make sure there are no hidden codes. Check brakes and tires because that can be expensive off the bat for just maintenence plus if you are driving it from FL to NJ. Also check bushings and find out when the valve shims were adjusted last because if you are not going to be doing the work yourself it will be expensive as well. How many owners has the car been through? Get any receipts if possible.
Pete_repete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #23
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
well it's not the lowest in mileage and who knows the condition of the body and interior. my main worry for you is the rear subframe.

hope it turns out well. enjoy
Old 05-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #24
radicalbrad707

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ci906 View Post
True, to be honest, I'd run from any car with chrome wheels, no matter how sweet of a deal it is...
Why are chrome wheels a deal killer? Any real reason or just personal preference?
radicalbrad707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #25
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
If you buy this car without a Pre-purchase inspection, you are asking for trouble. And pay for a Carfax report. Don't take anyone's word for it, especially a family member.
Have you checked out the maintenance costs for an M3? They are higher than a regular 3 series. And not everyone keeps them up the way they should.
Not trying to piss on your excitement, but take a step back, before you have a major money hole on your hands.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #26
KickTheCAN

My Ride: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
If you buy this car without a Pre-purchase inspection, you are asking for trouble. And pay for a Carfax report. Don't take anyone's word for it, especially a family member.
Have you checked out the maintenance costs for an M3? They are higher than a regular 3 series. And not everyone keeps them up the way they should.
Not trying to piss on your excitement, but take a step back, before you have a major money hole on your hands.
Lol what? Dont trust family members? Lol damn...you must have experienced some pain in your life lol
Old 05-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #27
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg46 View Post
There aren't many 140,000 mileage e46 M3s...so it makes sense that the price is so low. Especially with an S54 motor, they aren't supposed to run that high...
Old 05-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #28
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalbrad707 View Post
Why are chrome wheels a deal killer? Any real reason or just personal preference?
It indicates what kind of person drove it before you.
Cheap chrome wheels = cheap maintenance/repair items + stupid driver.

There are good looking chrome wheels, but they're extremely expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
I don't get it.

Regardless, that topic has been resolved.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:34 AM   #29
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickTheCAN View Post
Lol what? Dont trust family members? Lol damn...you must have experienced some pain in your life lol
Don't you watch any TV or Movies? It is always the dumb a$$ cousin that screws you over!
And yes, my family is generally not worth a sh!t. There is not enough storage on this sites server for all the stories I could tell.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #30
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg46 View Post

Regardless, that topic has been resolved.
Foot in mouth... What's to get?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #31
Tex323GripIsKey

My Ride: 2000 323i Green
Op, ebay link to ended auction or gtfo

^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
I used to drive fast and cowboy around, but then I realized that I can't even afford bumping into someone, so now it's slow and classy, with occasional spurts of speed. Fanatics might pick on each other from time to time, but we are all one great big family that looks out for each other in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I pull up to meets, lean to one side, shakin my finger at all da playahaterz. Then I get back into my car and flash mah beamz.
323i brakes & rotors
Tex323GripIsKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #32
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex323GripIsKey View Post
Op, ebay link to ended auction or gtfo

^_^
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #33
SemperJerzey

My Ride: BMW M3 2002
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...OC:MOTORS:1123
SemperJerzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #34
Tex323GripIsKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperJerzey View Post
Congrats man I hope she is mechanically sound at least.

Quote:
I used to drive fast and cowboy around, but then I realized that I can't even afford bumping into someone, so now it's slow and classy, with occasional spurts of speed. Fanatics might pick on each other from time to time, but we are all one great big family that looks out for each other in the end.
Quote:
I pull up to meets, lean to one side, shakin my finger at all da playahaterz. Then I get back into my car and flash mah beamz.
323i brakes & rotors
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #35
330Cole

My Ride: 01' 330Ci
you could always sell everything else you own and go HPF stage 2.5+, which will rebuild the whole motor!
330Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #36
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
That car's a POS. Screwed up front and rear bumper, screwed up sideskirts, screwed up interior, unknown aftermarket seats, crappy 12-year old teenager racing pedals, skull shift knob, missing parts in the engine bay, faded white paint, scratched up rear seats. I'm sure there's more... that's just me glancing over the pictures extremely fast

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #37
Tex323GripIsKey

Quote:
That car's a POS. Screwed up front and rear bumper, screwed up sideskirts, screwed up interior, unknown aftermarket seats, crappy 12-year old teenager racing pedals, skull shift knob, missing parts in the engine bay, faded white paint, scratched up rear seats. I'm sure there's more... that's just me glancing over the pictures extremely fast
Didn't want to say anything and hurt the poor lad's feelers mango... he just shelled out over 12 grand after taxes.

Someone had to do it....

*bumper looks like an ebay bumper too... I put a similar one on my ride, but the body shop did a much better paint match than that car. Idk you can just look at the picture and tell... sorry OP we're not trying to bash your new ride, just pointing out the obvious... maybe you can get a refund or hopefully you havent paid for it yet. Chrome rims on a BMW make me sad... Unless that BMW is worth 50K+ and can pull off the look. (SUV)

First thing that came to my mind after seeing all the side flutes and the hood inlet, chromies, entire interior, (Was this car owned by mexicans?) no offense.....

Quote:
Quote:
323i brakes & rotors

Last edited by Tex323GripIsKey; 05-18-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #38
Mango
A full five stars, son

I wasn't aware OP actually bought it. But you know most people don't care about that stuff. They just want the M3 badge and want it to run. I doubt that's an eBay bumper. It's just seen a few too many curbs in its day. If OP bought it, then I'm sure he may have been aware of all the cosmetic stuff. It's going to take at least $10,000 to bring that car back into decent shape

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #39
Tex323GripIsKey

Quote:
I wasn't aware OP actually bought it.
Title of thread > Just bought a 2002 BMW m3, Just a few Questions.

Yeah he must've been aware of the cosmetics. OP, did you actually shell the cash out yet, or just won the auction?

Quote:
Quote:
323i brakes & rotors
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #40
Mango
A full five stars, son

oh ok. I misunderstood because he starts his post out with "I found my dream car on eBay" then proceeds to ask if the price was ok. (Typical should i buy it? thread)

First thread of the morning (remember i'm on the west coast)

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Tags
advice, bought, m3