E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
So Slow

My Ride: 330i
this is gonna be ****
So Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Very nice.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #23
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy_99 View Post
Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartenderPlease View Post
Sweet. I want that BCT 12 but I don't think they are sold anymore.
Nope, they don't sell the BCT 12s anymore but you can find them on ebay sometimes. Some police have switched to digital so the BCT 12 is becoming dated. It works in my area though. Make sure to look up your local police frequencies to see if the BCT 12 will cover them. I believe it covers up to 800mhz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris b. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Lowww View Post
Wow dude awesome work! I didn't even know you were gonna S54 it!

Glad you like the front bumper
Thank you Khalil! Hehe it was planned but once I found my swap I jumped right on it. Love the bumper. I've got a little mod coming up for that soon.

Quote:
Perfection exactly what I want to swap into my sedan! Love your wheels and studs too.
Thanks man, I feel the exterior of my car is pretty rough but it makes it that much more of sleeper. You're sedan looks amazing.

Quote:
Just curious how much is the labor+parts costing you? I'm looking to do this in the next year or two myself. PM me if you don't want to post it up. Thanks!
I'll send you a PM. I had to buy a lot of little parts here and there but I'll get you a figure of my parts and labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsation View Post
nice build by the way. cant wait to see it how it goes in the end!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S sLW View Post
this is gonna be ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Very nice.
Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words!

Well I picked up the car Saturday and drove it home from NY! The guys at Motorcepts were awesome. There were no hidden costs or anything of the sort from Leo. If there was a problem or an extra cost I had a phone call right away and we would work it out. They took there time and did excellent work. I couldn't ask much more from a shop.

I've been very busy the past couple days so I haven't been able to update much. I'm actually in hurry to leave the house now so I'll post some pics up quick. I'll make more updates and my impressions of the car and some pics and video, I promise!

Right now I have to finish the exhaust. It's got JVT headers, M3 section 1, and M3 section 2. They left the back section open so I could pick out a muffler. I ordered a magnaflow and it should be here by the end of the week. It's extremely loud right now lol

M3 cluster, Tri stitch wheel, and zhp 6 speed knob.

I'm loving the car. It's got so much more power and is a lot funner to drive. I haven't even felt the need to drive fast to have fun with it. Just some backroad twisties with hills in 4th gear is pure pleasure. It's awesome not having to downshift or mash the throttle to keep at a decent speed. I'm enjoying every second of it except for my ears hurting from the sound at times. That's going to change by this weekend, though. That's my quick update - more to come...

Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #24
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
A drop and wheels would do wonders!
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #25
Krystian_E46

My Ride: E46 M3,AA3 ZHP,S544D
Send a message via AIM to Krystian_E46 Send a message via Skype™ to Krystian_E46
love it ! looks like its been done very nice and clean, glad to see im not the only one messing around with s54's in sedans

Owner of many E46's :)
[Currently own 2004 M3, 2005 AA 2.5 Kit ZHP(SOLD), S54 Sedan, 01 330ci and 1 Coupe 1 Sedan 1 E46 M3 parts cars]

Krystian_E46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 AM   #26
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black E46 sedan View Post
I'll send you a PM. I had to buy a lot of little parts here and there but I'll get you a figure of my parts and labor.
Thanks so much! That S54 looks so good in the engine bay.

Last edited by Brian N; 06-21-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
niko042
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Love the carbon strut tower bar, where did you buy that from?
niko042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
A drop and wheels would do wonders!
It's got vogtland springs but I've been eyeing up the TMS Tracksport coils. In time, my wallet needs a break for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian_E46 View Post
love it ! looks like its been done very nice and clean, glad to see im not the only one messing around with s54's in sedans
Thanks! I'd like to see what work you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Thanks so much! That S54 looks so good in the engine bay.
Hehe I keep popping the hood to "check the fluids" when I'm really just using that as an excuse to check it out lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko042 View Post
Love the carbon strut tower bar, where did you buy that from?
Thank you. It's the BMW Performance strut bar. I bought that from my local dealership and was lucky enough to get one while the prices were down. Here's the main thread when the price drop took place. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ce+strut+brace
Old 06-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
Levim9

As you saw from the recent update, I'm driving around with JVT headers, stock M3 section 1 & 2 and it's driving me crazy. It's SO LOUD! That's the main reason I haven't taken any video. It sound like sh!t.

I ended up not wanting the magnaflows I ordered. Magnaflow glasspacks probably weren't that great of an idea..

I decided to go with a borla 400286 dual 2.5 in/out. It's on order now and will be welded up the day it arrives.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #30
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci & z33 HR
great! I really love the way it looks now. Mpower FTW

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #31
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black E46 sedan View Post
Hehe I keep popping the hood to "check the fluids" when I'm really just using that as an excuse to check it out lol
I don't blame you! I would probably do the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out a total cost or estimate of how much you spent? I would love to know how much I need to start saving. PM me when you have the chance.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #32
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
great! I really love the way it looks now. Mpower FTW
Thanks! I'm enjoying the Mpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
I don't blame you! I would probably do the exact same thing. Did you ever figure out a total cost or estimate of how much you spent? I would love to know how much I need to start saving. PM me when you have the chance.
PMd about this but will get back to your reply. I've got a few bugs to figure out like the tamper dot and correct mileage. Too bad I didn't have all the electronics from one car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to update you guys about the exhaust. I got the borla muffler welded and it no longer hurts my ears and scares people.

It sounds a lot more tame but still has a growl to it. The current setup is JVT headers, OEM M3 section 1 & 2, and the Borla left exit muffler (dual 2.5 in/out).

Yes, I have to replace the rear bumper trim. The hot air from when I didn't have the muffler blew the trim off on the freeway. Also I've got new roundels on order. They were starting to peel. I took a quick video today so you can hear it.

Next thing will be tires. Some of you guys may have noticed my tires.. I still have Blizzaks on because the car has been sitting since February. I've got a set of Nittos in the back seat. They'll be going on sometime this week.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #33
wertyu78

My Ride: '04 ZHP
Thats fast!
FX-R 3.0 Projectors | Turner H&R Coilovers| 26mm M3 Swaybar | HAWK HPS Pads | 265/40/17 Square Dunlop Z1's| Simota Intake | Supertech Valves w/ARP Head Studs | ARP Rod Bolts | Headers | 3.64 Diffsonline LSD |

Build Thread
wertyu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #34
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
sounds great! nice work! ultimate sleeper with that stock rear bumper

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET28/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #35
mujjuman

My Ride: not an E46
Found your thread!!!! Awesome build and great video!!
YOu might gain some power with a quad exhaust

2003 325xi 5MT
Jet Black, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, OEM Xenon ^^RIP
sig by Solidjake
mujjuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #36
Studdly_Studright

My Ride: 135i
Sleeper until you hear it coming
Old 09-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #37
chris b.

My Ride: 2010 335i zmp

04' 325i sedan RIP, will be missed...
02' 325i sedan aw sport..sold...
07' 335i zsp....traded in....
10' 335i zmp...being beaten!....
95' m3 cosmos/dove 5sp...new project!
chris b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #38
Levim9

Thanks for the comments!

I replaced the front and rear roundels with OEM parts. Also, got that bumper trim that was missing in the last photos. It looks much better.

I had a box arrive today! Big thanks to Jurrian at Modbargains for helping me out. One of these weekends I'll get this installed and let you guys know what I think. I went with the BM4-HDSS with the Streetlight flywheel. The prolight seemed like it might be too light for daily driving but I think the streetlight will be fine.

The UUC clutch that came with the swap was used and must not of been in good condition. It started slipping and rattling bad a few weeks ago so I decided to get a full kit. I'll be set with this setup if I would decide to go FI in the future. Anyway I've heard a lot of good things about ACT so I'm excited to get this installed!!

Last edited by Levim9; 10-17-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Levim9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #39
JaYaRe

My Ride: goes, Brroom Brooom
so much win in this thread
Old 10-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #40
Press22

My Ride: 01 325ci

PM me how much this costed you. hehehe
Press22 is offline   Reply With Quote