E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #41
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
congrats with the swap, if you still need to get the tamper dot fixed try these guys https://www.rpmmotorsport.net/Bmw_Dme___Ews_FAQ_s.html. I know two people who've had success with them and I'm one of them.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #42
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaYaRe View Post
so much win in this thread
Thanks man, although my exterior is in need of TLC.. hence not many exterior pictures lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press22 View Post

PM me how much this costed you. hehehe
I'll send a message tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vI6ious View Post
congrats with the swap, if you still need to get the tamper dot fixed try these guys https://www.rpmmotorsport.net/Bmw_Dme___Ews_FAQ_s.html. I know two people who've had success with them and I'm one of them.
Thank you and I don't think I've said the same for you yet. I'm very impressed with the way yours came out.

I appreciate the link. That's something I still have to figure out but didn't know where to get help. I'll definitely check them out.

Slicktop - S54 - 6MT - 3.62 LSD - Active Tuned - JVT Headers - TMS Tracksport Coils - Hotchkis M3 Swaybars (IG - LEVIM9)

Last edited by Levim9; 10-18-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:48 AM   #43
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Looking good.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
Looking good.
Thanks! I hope to have some real updates soon. I've just been gathering parts the past few weeks.

I saw a black non-sunroof headliner from a ZHP a few weeks ago. It's the first "used" black non-sunroof headliner I've seen since I've been modding so I jumped right on it. Then on black friday I took advantage of the deals and ordered the rest of the parts to complete the black interior swap.

This is all on order and should be here any day:
51437902933 body hardware, pillars, rocker & floor, interior trim, w/s pillar trim STATION WAGON, black Left 1
51437902934 body hardware, pillars, rocker & floor, interior trim, w/s pillar trim STATION WAGON, black Right 1
51437902805 COVERING 2
51437902935 body hardware, pillars, rocker & floor, interior trim, upr ctr plr trim SEDAN, black Left 1
51437902936 body hardware, pillars, rocker & floor, interior trim, upr ctr plr trim SEDAN, black Right
51437902937 body hardware, quarter panel, interior trim, upper qtr trim SEDAN, black Left 1
51437902938 body hardware, quarter panel, interior trim, upper qtr trim SEDAN, black Right 1
63257219086 electrical, rear lamps, high mounted stop lamp, high mount lamp SEDAN, black 1

These are the parts I received from a wrecked ZHP. The headliners actually in perfect condition. The spots are just wood shavings and it'll be vacuumed before install.

All the pillars are peeling now so it's gonna be nice having them replaced with new parts

Got these in the mail today, used Hotchkis M3 sway bars. I believe the front bar fits non-ms so I should be able to use both. These will be a nice change because I'm running the original non-m front sway bar with an M3 rear sway bar. Hotchkis said they'd hook me up with the needed hardware.

Got a bunch of other little parts (mainly clutch related) and hoping to have this back on the road soon. I miss driving it lol

Slicktop - S54 - 6MT - 3.62 LSD - Active Tuned - JVT Headers - TMS Tracksport Coils - Hotchkis M3 Swaybars (IG - LEVIM9)

Last edited by Levim9; 11-27-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #45
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Excellent update bud. Looking forward to the completion.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #46
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
Great stuff Levi! I'd love to get together one day to see that beast
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #47
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
Excellent update bud. Looking forward to the completion.
Thanks! Well who knows when this car will be complete but I'm getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
Great stuff Levi! I'd love to get together one day to see that beast
Thanks Benny we have to meet up when the weather breaks.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #48
Levim9

Sorry for the lack of updates. The cars been sitting in my cold warehouse and I wasn't too motivated to work on it. It's back on the road now and I've put about 1.5k miles on since the clutch job. This was the first time I've ever changed a clutch so I'm glad it worked out. I took my time, used proper torques, and made sure everything was done right. Thank goodness for all the DIYs on here!

Dropping the exhaust, drive shaft, shifter, and the tranny went smoothly. Then I power washed the transmission on a pallet. There were leaks from every seal so they were all replaced. Also replaced the side to side reverse/5th gear pins and springs because I had the transmission out.

Changing the output shaft had me stuck for a while. It required a 36mm socket to get the nut off. Turns out my socket wasn't deep enough.

So I bought an autocraft 36mm impact socket. I was told the walls of impact sockets would be too thick to fit but the socket I found at advance auto had almost the same diameter as my short 36mm. It was a very tight fit! I got the nut off but then the flange or whatever it's called wouldn't come off. I used a three arm puller with a cordless snap on impact gun and a lot of lube and it finally came off.

After all the transmission seals were replaced I pulled the clutch & flywheel and replaced the rear main seal because it was accessible. Yep, lot's of surface rust back there. One of the coolant lines had a hole so I replaced that line and cleaned up the back of the block with scotch brite and brake cleaner.

This cap looked leaky so the gasket was replaced. The previous oil drain plug was stripped but luckily the threads weren't damaged so I replaced it with a magnetic plug. $5 shipped from bimmerbumco

I tried the packing grease trick to get the pilot bearing out but I didn't have any shafts that could give it a tight fit. I found a suggestion on a vette forum to rent the "Blind Hole Puller Set" by OEM from Autzone. One good tug and the bearing popped right out. It's $170 but you get every penny back when you bring it back. I'll be renting this tool the next time I change a clutch.

Here's a few shots of bolting up the flywheel and clutch. The slave cylinder was the original one from my 325i so I bought a new oem slave cylinder and paired it with a UUC SS clutch line.

The toughest part of this job was getting the transmission back in. I had some friends from school help me out. One of them being dano which is also an e46fanatic! Thanks guys

Then I changed the constant pressure valve and got the good O rings from a member on m3forum. All of the shifter bushings were changed. Those exhaust gaskets were pretty nasty looking lol. Andddd all new fluids for the engine, transmission, and rear from TMS.

The clutch feels great and I'm glad to be driving it again. I also noticed on some quick 3-4 and 4-5 shifts at night I'm seeing a flash of light behind me. Time to hook up the gopro cam so I can see how big the flames are lol

Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #49
Levim9

Here's a few interior shots. The headliner and pillars are done. I've got 3M brushed aluminum vinyl coming in the mail. That should break up the black and give the interior some contrast. Also got some TMS pedals in the mail today!

Last edited by Levim9; 02-22-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #50
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #51
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Looks great man! You're making solid progress.

I talked with you for a couple minutes at the Bimmerworks meet, but I wasn't in my E46 (I was in the new E92 335i if you remember).
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #52
serdar255

My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
This thread

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:54 AM   #53
hennep E46

My Ride: BMW e46 318i 1998
OMG That black headliner looks so good, i cant wait to get mine installed ones the weather changes.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #54
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Looks great man! You're making solid progress.

I talked with you for a couple minutes at the Bimmerworks meet, but I wasn't in my E46 (I was in the new E92 335i if you remember).
Yes, I remember you. I figured you were on the forum but didn't know who you were on here. Maybe I'll see you at a show this summer and get to check out the zhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennep E46 View Post
OMG That black headliner looks so good, i cant wait to get mine installed ones the weather changes.
Very cool, you'll love the black headliner. It changes the look of the interior so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
This thread
Thanks everyone

Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #55
Levim9

Here's two quick shots of some changes. I know I need to clean all the dust..

I'm in the process of wrapping the trim pieces with 3M Di-Noc Brushed Aluminum and I finally installed the black gauge face from LEDmods. The black headliner swap along with the black gauge face and silver gauge rings with brushed aluminum trim really compliment each other.

The gauge face also came with the two bottom gauge pieces. They have the same shiny textured look like the main face but I thought the original pieces looked better so I kept them in.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #56
Krystian_E46

My Ride: E46 M3,AA3 ZHP,S544D
Send a message via AIM to Krystian_E46 Send a message via Skype™ to Krystian_E46
Just read everything again. Fantastic progress man. I'm thinking about holding off on my s54 sedan just cause I'm starting to prefer my ZHP over the s54 sedan. But I'm definitely thinking about it in future. Right now some of the parts from my parts car m3 will probably go in the ZHP keep up the excellent work

Owner of many E46's :)
[Currently own 2004 M3, 2005 AA 2.5 Kit ZHP(SOLD), S54 Sedan, 01 330ci and 1 Coupe 1 Sedan 1 E46 M3 parts cars]

Krystian_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #57
JZambrano7

My Ride: 2003 325xi
That interior looks great. Black headliner is my next mod on the list.

-JZ7-
JZambrano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #58
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
Great project! nice engine

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #59
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian_E46 View Post
Just read everything again. Fantastic progress man. I'm thinking about holding off on my s54 sedan just cause I'm starting to prefer my ZHP over the s54 sedan. But I'm definitely thinking about it in future. Right now some of the parts from my parts car m3 will probably go in the ZHP keep up the excellent work
Thanks bro I've been keeping up on your ZHP thread. I don't blame you for spending more time with that. Looks perfect and dat power..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZambrano7 View Post
That interior looks great. Black headliner is my next mod on the list.
You'll love it! Are you planning on custom wrapping or going with oem? I was planning on custom wrapping mine this summer but I found that deal on the wrecked zhp headliner and went that direction. Can't go wrong as long as you use good materials!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A55A55IN View Post
Great project! nice engine
Thanks! I like your engine as well, maybe I'll have a setup like that..a long time from now. Very nice build though, one of the nicest on here

Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #60
Levim9

This box showed up today. Got it over half off! I had an afe already but I needed a new filter and I didn't have the heat shield. So now I have the full kit.

I needed new low beam bulbs so I searched for good quality H7s. I'd like HIDs but I'm not ready to make the move yet. I heard these OSRAM 65W bulbs have great light output without being too bright and last a long time. I've been getting tired of the Sylvania Silverstars burning out. I think these OSRAMs are made by Sylvania as well. They're quite a bit cheaper than the Silverstars which is nice. Hopefully they last.

And I thought this was neat. I stuck my gopro on the trunk the other day and got a backfire on cam. This was on a high rpm 4-5th shift. I'll make sure to get a night shot sometime

Last edited by Levim9; 03-08-2013 at 11:25 PM.