E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #61
Extreme Dimensions
Sponsor

My Ride: Lots of Cars!
This is F**King epic!

Ken
Extreme Dimensions
1-714-278-8000 x17
KenT@extremedimensions.com
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #62
jonel1225

My Ride: 02 325ci
oh my....
jonel1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #63
Levim9

My Ride: S54 325i
Thanks guys! ^^

Those Osram bulbs are very bright and I haven't had one person high beam me yet so they must not be too bright. The light quality is great for a halogen bulb. I'll let you guys know in the future what I think of them and when they burn out. From my research they seem to be one of the brighter long lasting halogens. I don't have any before shots but here's a pic I took the other night so you have an idea. If you didn't read my previous post I got these Osrams because I was tired of the expensive Sylvania Silverstar Ultras burning out so soon. The Osrams were $27.50 shipped per pair.

The brushed aluminum Di-Noc vinyl trim didn't work out so well. I had it looking perfect but the one night it was really cold and I didn't drive it next day. Another day passed and I got in the car and saw bubbles on all the trim pieces. I was able to smooth out the small ones with heat gun but the large bubbles were still noticeable after flattening them. Now I don't know what I should do..maybe paint them.

After installing the new intake and cleaning the MAF sensor the car really does pull harder than it did before. That old air filter was really dirty.

--------------

If you'd like to hear the story and see video results of a guy with an LS1 Z28 camaro that was trash talking bmws, PM me and I'll send it. I gave him a surprise. I won't be posting it on here.

Slicktop - S54 - 6MT - 3.62 LSD - Active Tuned - JVT Headers - TMS Tracksport Coils - Hotchkis M3 Swaybars

Last edited by Levim9; 03-12-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: ..
Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #64
vapor325i

My Ride: 2003 325i sedan
can you PM me how much it all cost and how long it took?
Im looking to doing the swap soon and just want a gauge on how much it will be!
did you do a manuel swap or just the motor?
Old 03-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #65
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor325i View Post
can you PM me how much it all cost and how long it took?
Im looking to doing the swap soon and just want a gauge on how much it will be!
did you do a manuel swap or just the motor?
I'll send a PM. I had the motor, transmission (went from 5 speed manual to M3 6 speed), and complete rear swapped.

Slicktop - S54 - 6MT - 3.62 LSD - Active Tuned - JVT Headers - TMS Tracksport Coils - Hotchkis M3 Swaybars
Old 04-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #66
yoshii

My Ride: 323i 2k
WIN! love it!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #67
sentry

My Ride: Land Rover LR3
Excellent build, man. Can you please PM me the costs involved when you get a chance. Thanks!
sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #68
sentry

My Ride: Land Rover LR3
Forgot to specify what costs. I'm referring to the respective S54 related swap expenses. Did you do the work yourself, too, or?
sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #69
Levim9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshii View Post
WIN! love it!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry View Post
Excellent build, man. Can you please PM me the costs involved when you get a chance. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry View Post
Forgot to specify what costs. I'm referring to the respective S54 related swap expenses. Did you do the work yourself, too, or?
PM sent. Motorcepts in NY did the install. One of their customers cars was totaled so I dropped mine off and they swapped it all over.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #70
Levim9

Update!

The past couple weeks I've been dealing with engine running poor periodically. I checked codes with my peake scanner and got these.

Table 1b
E6 Drive-by-wire throttle position failure
76 Throttle position sensor 1
77 Throttle position sensor 2
78 Throttle position sensors, cross check
79 Throttle position sensors, both bad
6B Control unit self test, pre-drive chick of drive-by-wire system

The failure was one of three sensors; either the top speed sensor next to the oil filter housing, the identical sensor (same PN) below the airbox, or the throttle pedal sensor. I started out by cleaning the top and pedal sensors because they're very easy to access. No luck. Next I replaced the top sensor next to the oil filter housing. I heard this one fails more often because it's exposed to the heat from the oil filter housing. Still no luck. Then I replaced the throttle pedal assembly because that was the next easiest to access. Problem fixed! The instant throttle response is back and and rev matching downshifts are crisp again. Absolutely love that that it doesn't go into limp mode anymore. So glad to have that little problem fixed.

Here's a few newer pics I snapped with my cell phone

Here's some Turner goodies I'll be installing soon. All picked off ebay

TMS Tracksport Coilovers
TMS S54 Underdrive Pulleys
TMS Pedals
Aluminum rebuildable shock mounts

Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #71
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
Nice!
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #72
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
sick!!!

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP
Progress Thread
2filthy Podcast (HOUSE MUSIC)
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #73
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46

Sedan Hussein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #74
Levim9

Coilovers and hotchkis F&R M3 sway bars have been installed! This car feels amazing now. Pretty much no body roll and even being lower I don't rub anymore. The TMS Tracksport coils aren't as harsh as I've heard from others. Maybe that's because I run fatty tires on 17s. Feels great to me. The tires are shot but new nitto 555s and alignment is coming very soon. Also, I picked up some silver cube trim from a fanatic.

Last edited by Levim9; 10-05-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #75
Levim9

Met up with one of my friends who happened to have his camera on him. Later that day I had the car buffed so I'm hoping to get more pictures soon.

Trying to hide my hood dent..

Here's some links if you'd like to see some of Andrews work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drews-designs/
https://www.facebook.com/andrewbarshingerphotography

Old 10-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #76
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Great work. So clean inside & out, and the s54 to boot

Sedan Hussein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #77
Levim9

Thanks Hussein, so much into it yet so much more to do lol. Your zhp will be riding nice after you install the PSS9s paired with the hotchkis sways. I can't believe I waited this long to upgrade my suspension. Night and day difference!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #78
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Glad you posted on my thread. I didn't know about yours until now!

Great work the car looks awesome. I was happy to see you have the act clutch in addition to the afe stage 2 and the tms pulleys (I have the same mods)

I'm really jealous of your cube trim. Not to mention your car actually runs. I'm in the process of figuring out my coding issues and fixing my milage and tamper dot. if I manage to get it done before you I will b happy to show you how it's done or possibly do it for you.

Last edited by BDUB328I; 02-28-2014 at 02:28 PM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote