E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
Bostons325i

My Ride: 2001 325i
Supercharged 330ci clutch help!

Hey guys I have a 2001 330ci with an active autowerkes stage 2 supercharge kit on it . Right now it's producing around 300-320hp (could defiantly be more but I am estimating and do not have a tune on the car at the moment). My clutch is starting to burn up and is slipping in most of the gears , really annoying when you are trying to give it full throttle. I really have no idea what clutch to install on the car? I do not know which kit to get or even brand ? Any help would be amazing as I need to get it fixed asap ! Thanks everyone !

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Bostons325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #2
Mflara20

My Ride: 04 330i
I would go with uucmotorwerks.com
They been in the business for years. I have a lightweight flywheel and performance organic disc rated up to 400hp and I love it.
Mflara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #3
Bostons325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflara20 View Post
I would go with uucmotorwerks.com
They been in the business for years. I have a lightweight flywheel and performance organic disc rated up to 400hp and I love it.

Hey thank you for such a fast reply ! I was wondering if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours ? Also what do I need to buy exactly ? Just The clutch? Clutch and fly wheel? Is there any bolts that I need to get? As you can tell I'm kind of new to clutch work haha .

Old 03-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Mflara20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostons325i View Post
Hey thank you for such a fast reply ! I was wondering if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for yours ? Also what do I need to buy exactly ? Just The clutch? Clutch and fly wheel? Is there any bolts that I need to get? As you can tell I'm kind of new to clutch work haha .

I believe you have a 5 speed right?
I paid $900ish for mine, it comes with everything you need. Mine is a 6 speed so I don't need a clutch pilot bearing that you do.
You can get a lightweight flywheel and Valeo clutch kit. It comes with everything you'll need
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...000282ecs01kt/
You can get this kit and have the piece if mind you'll have everything you need.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...1211720310kt2/
Old 03-13-2017, 12:01 AM   #5
Bostons325i

Quote:
I believe you have a 5 speed right?
I paid $900ish for mine, it comes with everything you need. Mine is a 6 speed so I don't need a clutch pilot bearing that you do.
You can get a lightweight flywheel and Valeo clutch kit. It comes with everything you'll need
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...000282ecs01kt/
You can get this kit and have the piece if mind you'll have everything you need.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...1211720310kt2/

Hey thank you again for a fast reply! So my car is indeed a 5 speed , also that first link you sent me I do like that how it comes with basically everything I need , but my cars supercharger brand new from active is only rated at 405 bhp and 285 lb of torque , so I was wondering if you knew where to get a clutch kit just like that just a little down graded since that one is rated to handle 400 lb of torque and my car is defiantly not pulling that hard. I've been looking at ECS but I can't find anything like the kit you presented to me . Thank you again for all the information and help!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:05 AM   #6
Mflara20

Quote:
Hey thank you again for a fast reply! So my car is indeed a 5 speed , also that first link you sent me I do like that how it comes with basically everything I need , but my cars supercharger brand new from active is only rated at 405 bhp and 285 lb of torque , so I was wondering if you knew where to get a clutch kit just like that just a little down graded since that one is rated to handle 400 lb of torque and my car is defiantly not pulling that hard. I've been looking at ECS but I can't find anything like the kit you presented to me . Thank you again for all the information and help!

Heres the downgraded version of it
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-valeo-pa...SSMaAono8P8HAQ
Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
Bostons325i

Quote:

Hey thank you again for helping out and all the info, so with this kit do you think it will be able to handle the supercharger I have? For clutch feel it should defiantly tighten it up the clutch pedal making it more firm than the oem pedal feel right? I'm going to give ECS a call right when I get out of work and see their suggestions too but so far the kit you provided is the one I'll most likely be choosing. Thank you again!

Old 03-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #8
Mflara20

Quote:
Hey thank you again for helping out and all the info, so with this kit do you think it will be able to handle the supercharger I have? For clutch feel it should defiantly tighten it up the clutch pedal making it more firm than the oem pedal feel right? I'm going to give ECS a call right when I get out of work and see their suggestions too but so far the kit you provided is the one I'll most likely be choosing. Thank you again!

I would go with the first one I show you because you'll always need more power!
It would make your pedal stiffer but not a lot
Old 03-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
Bostons325i

Quote:
I would go with the first one I show you because you'll always need more power!
It would make your pedal stiffer but not a lot

Thanks again for the reply ! For my car it's at 128xxx miles so I don't think I'll be able to get more power without blowing the engine haha , again I don't have a tune on the car so it's probably only got around 350 hp with less torque than 285 lbs . Although I will be getting a tune in the summer . Do you still think it would just be best for the first kit you sent without being over kill?
Old 03-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #10
Mflara20

I have a similar kit from uuc rated up to 400hp with only minor mods on my 330i and even my wife can drive it lol.
If I were you I'll grab the first choice but call ECS tunning and ask.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #11
Bostons325i

Quote:
I have a similar kit from uuc rated up to 400hp with only minor mods on my 330i and even my wife can drive it lol.

Again thank you so much for the replies . I will defiantly give them a call and see what they have to say but thank you again for everything I'll will defiantly be buying a kit today .

Old 03-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #12
ItsJune

My Ride: 330i Sedan
Boston how are you running the car without a tune

Sent from my LGLS775 using E46Fanatics mobile app
ItsJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:21 AM   #13
Bostons325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJune View Post
Boston how are you running the car without a tune

To be honest not sure , I picked up the car with the kit installed on it over the summer bought the Active tuning cable had my tune sent over to active thru email they emailed me back saying that the tune on the car is completely stock . I've been trying to look around for shops near me that can give me a solid tune but haven't found one yet , actives tune is 800$ and they won't budge at all on price for me

Old 03-15-2017, 01:32 AM   #14
ItsJune

Quote:
To be honest not sure , I picked up the car with the kit installed on it over the summer bought the Active tuning cable had my tune sent over to active thru email they emailed me back saying that the tune on the car is completely stock . I've been trying to look around for shops near me that can give me a solid tune but haven't found one yet , actives tune is 800$ and they won't budge at all on price for me

Looks like your in the same situation as me, was told the same price .

I budged when they weren't sure what Lb injectors the tune was based on

Would you know if you aa injectors look like these?

Old 03-15-2017, 01:37 AM   #15
Bostons325i

Quote:
Looks like your in the same situation as me, was told the same price .

I budged when they weren't sure what Lb injectors the tune was based on

Would you know if you aa injectors look like these?

I think it's rediculous that they want us to spend 800$ on the tune when we have the entire kit in our cars. I can understand maybe 100-200$ but we have the kits in our cars and I've spent already 300$ thru active for my supercharger so you'd think they would give me a break lol.

Here's a pic of what mine look like I can take a better pic tomrrow . So your car as of now has a "stock" tune as well?

Old 03-15-2017, 01:39 AM   #16
ItsJune

Yeah pretty much, as well with the maf unplugged car drives better..
That pic is good enough tho recently got in contact with a remote tuner George Gelashvili a popular guy around here
I'm trying to set things up to get it remotely tuned.

Last edited by ItsJune; 03-15-2017 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:54 AM   #17
Bostons325i

Quote:
Yeah pretty much, as well with the maf unplugged car drives better..
That pic is good enough tho recently got in contact with a remote tuner George Gelashvili a popular guy around here
I'm trying to set things up to get it remotely tuned.

How can he remotely tune ? Could he do that for me as well?

Old 03-15-2017, 01:58 AM   #18
Bostons325i

Supercharged 330ci clutch help!

Quote:

Hey , I got a chance to call ECS and they were legit no help at all , they wanted me to get their stage 3 clutch kit which is defiantly not going i happen as it is rated for a car put to 600+ lb of torque . I did happen to look into that Valeo kit you presented to me , basically what I learned about it is that the clutch it self is just slightly better than oem and obviously the flywheel is better since it is light weight . So my question is do I even need to buy a more heavy duty clutch or can get just basically a regular one? I would really like to get the stage 1 or stage 2 clutch from ECS with a light weight flywheel but they don't offer a kit such as that and their flywheel by itself is around 500$ . Let me know what you think of all this . Thank you !

Edit: I've also forgotten to mention this is my daily driver too! And I do occasionally hit traffic on the way home from college .

Last edited by Bostons325i; 03-15-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #19
Mflara20

Quote:
Hey , I got a chance to call ECS and they were legit no help at all , they wanted me to get their stage 3 clutch kit which is defiantly not going i happen as it is rated for a car put to 600+ lb of torque . I did happen to look into that Valeo kit you presented to me , basically what I learned about it is that the clutch it self is just slightly better than oem and obviously the flywheel is better since it is light weight . So my question is do I even need to buy a more heavy duty clutch or can get just basically a regular one? I would really like to get the stage 1 or stage 2 clutch from ECS with a light weight flywheel but they don't offer a kit such as that and their flywheel by itself is around 500$ . Let me know what you think of all this . Thank you !

Edit: I've also forgotten to mention this is my daily driver too! And I do occasionally hit traffic on the way home from college .

Well that sucks, they always help me in any questions or needs I have.
You'll be good with the Valeo kit. If you want a firmer clutch feel you can always do a CDV delete, replace your prone to burst rubber hose with a braided steel one, replace clutch pedal rubber bushings with uuc poly bushings.
While you're there replace your shifter bushings.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...fbwRoCq07w_wcB
If you want more you can replace your poor engineer selector rod with this one.
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/dssr
More..... Short shifter
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...vhIBoC0gfw_wcB
Old 03-19-2017, 05:04 AM   #20
Razz617

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
I also use ECS for my parts & have had good success with them. If not them, I use BavAuto.
Boston, do you have any pics of your ride?

Sent from my SM-N910V using E46Fanatics mobile app
Razz617 is offline   Reply With Quote