E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #581
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Turbo M3 7168 27PSI
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
seriously. im sorry being3 you gave it a great shot at being fiercely independent with troubleshooting this car but if your anywhere south of kamloops or west of calgary i can't think of 1 friggin good reason not to have your car at hpf so john can fix it. its becoming frustrating to watch now
Well I can sure understand the frustration. Lol. I have asked Kurt for a date that they can look at it. Apparently there extremely busy. I'm ready to take it down there as u and the commander have suggested.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 AM   #582
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
I'm sure for you they would make an exception to get it focused on quicker...I mean you did already pay HPF to check it over for you and it's clear the problem was missed. I'm sure John will personally QC the car and you'll have her running in prestine shape...for the first time that is.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #583
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I'm sure for you they would make an exception to get it focused on quicker...I mean you did already pay HPF to check it over for you and it's clear the problem was missed. I'm sure John will personally QC the car and you'll have her running in prestine shape...for the first time that is.
I with you on this one for sure. I'll be checking in with HPF today
Old 09-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #584
being3
Modded ///Member

FYI. One thing I learned through the TPS ALIGNMENT was that the throttles were slow in operation. It flagged them as 491 ms an was out of range being out of spec / too slow. I used WD40 on the throttle shaft, springs and TPS shaft. It solved the problem right away and it passed the test. So it would be good to make sure the linkage is oiled from time to time.

Last edited by being3; 09-21-2012 at 03:09 PM.
being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #585
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
FYI. One thing I learned through the TPS ALIGNMENT was that the throttles were slow in operation. It flagged them as 491 ms an was out of range being out of spec / too slow. I used WD40 on the throttle shaft, springs and TPS shaft. It solved the problem right away and it passed the test. So it would be good to make sure the linkage is oiled from time to time.
Ah, definitely good to know man, thanks for the info. Hope you get some good scheduling feedback from HPF soon. I know John will get you squared away man.

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #586
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
I bought an add on that not a lot of people use because of the cost. They are not cheap, but once you install one (5 minutes) and use it, you are glad you spent the $$.
Some guy from Greece developed a faster throttle response, almost as good as eliminating the electronic throttle. Maybe its even faster!

Sprint Booster Power Converter. read the link i provide. It is like a Sport button on steroids. Your Sport button will enhance the Sprint even more. I run on the track with both enabled. It makes a huge difference in throttle response. I would never dream being with out it from now on.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...-p-129859.html
Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #587
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
I bought an add on that not a lot of people use because of the cost. They are not cheap, but once you install one (5 minutes) and use it, you are glad you spent the $$.
Some guy from Greece developed a faster throttle response, almost as good as eliminating the electronic throttle. Maybe its even faster!

Sprint Booster Power Converter. read the link i provide. It is like a Sport button on steroids. Your Sport button will enhance the Sprint even more. I run on the track with both enabled. It makes a huge difference in throttle response. I would never dream being with out it from now on.

i picked one up for 200 the other day. can't wait to try it out. i hate the idea of full throttle at half pedal effort but well see how i like it in practice.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #588
being3
Modded ///Member

Spoke to HPF. Now that I have run GT1 TPS calibration and my AEM has been setup to log my TPS voltage I can have the correct map set at idle to my TPS voltage. This should solve my AFR problem. I'll be sending the AEM out this week.

Last edited by being3; 09-22-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #589
bobm3
Senior Eurowerkz Member

My Ride: 2003m3smg
dav im going to call you the grand guru

Quote:

for fine tuning our bmw cars lollllll
im going to look into this myself anything for a better perf....
bob

sorry for the hi jack for a minute.....
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #590
being3
Modded ///Member

I had some white spray on the underside of my hood. Found out my rad hose was leaking at the clamp by the water pump. I thought initially it was oil coming out of the blow off valve as the spray pattern was just above it on the hood. So that was an easy fix. Still waiting on my new 6766 turbo to arrive. one of my winter projects planed for the car.

Last edited by being3; 10-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #591
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
I had some white spray on the underside of my hood. Found out my rad hose was leaking at the clamp by the water pump. I thought initially it was oil coming out of the blow off valve as the spray pattern was just above it on the hood. So that was an easy fix. Still waiting on my new 6766 turbo to arrive. one of my winter projects planed for the car.
Nice! Good work!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #592
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
You will love the new 6766 powerband.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #593
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
You will love the new 6766 powerband.

Chris.
I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #594
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Nice! Good work!
It was a good find for sure. I'm still going thru a 1/2 a quart every 1000 km and my my combined city and highway mileage has been 14.2 per 100km. The oil is turbo seal related and when I upgrade very soon it will take care of my oil and idle afr as the new tune will also be set to my TPS voltage. So ill be all set in the next few weeks.

Last edited by being3; 10-07-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #595
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
i picked one up for 200 the other day. can't wait to try it out. i hate the idea of full throttle at half pedal effort but well see how i like it in practice.
Remember, your "Sport" button will still work. The Booster plus the "Sport" button will give you maximum throttle opening. Disable the Sport button if that proves to be too much.

Please let us know how it works with a turbo charged application. Hopefully, good. It works great with NA or a Super Charger. I found it indespensible on the track. It takes a bit getting used to. On the street, do NOT let off in first and then re pedal, your car may buck horribly. Always simply shift up to second if you ever have to let off in first gear. That became a natural thing to do after a while.
Sorry for the jack, but being3, you would LOVE this item, I think.
And super congrats on the 6766. That is THE turbo to have right now.

Last edited by Bdave; 10-07-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #596
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Remember, your "Sport" button will still work. The Booster plus the "Sport" button will give you maximum throttle opening. Disable the Sport button if that proves to be too much.

Please let us know how it works with a turbo charged application. Hopefully, good. It works great with NA or a Super Charger. I found it indespensible on the track. It takes a bit getting used to. On the street, do NOT let off in first and then re pedal, your car may buck horribly. Always simply shift up to second if you ever have to let off in first gear. That became a natural thing to do after a while.
Sorry for the jack, but being3, you would LOVE this item, I think.
And super congrats on the 6766. That is THE turbo to have right now.
I like the stock feel of the throttle for the turbo. It helps in modulating the throttle in the lower gears for traction a lot easier for me. For the highway I use the sport button when i m in prey mode. I have a question what is the best rim size and off set and maximum tire width for r car?

Last edited by being3; 10-07-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #597
being3
Modded ///Member

Well AEM shipped to HPF to get a revised map for my new 6766. So resolved Afr and more power in the horizon hope the weather holds up of a few pulls before putting it away for the winter. Just mounted snows in my truck lol

Last edited by being3; 10-15-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #598
bmxpert86

My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
Quote:
Well AEM shipped to HPF to get a revised map for my new 6766. So resolved Afr and more power in the horizon hope the weather holds up of a few pulls before putting it away for the winter. Just mounted snows in my truck lol
Congrats on the new turbo. And pinpointing your car issues to be in good working order. Good things come to people that wait, or throw a crazy amount of time, money, and parts at a car that was bought in "good" working order. LOL. Such a shame that you had to go through all of this.

The seller and company gave you a real curve ball saying that everything was in good working order. It really pisses me off because you went about the sale the way everyone says you should, getting the car inspected and not just buying without having a thorough check and still you got screwed, it really scares me because I'm thinking of selling my car and buying one with a kit already installed to save some money.

Funny how the seller was one of the most vocal members and was quick to judge anyone who scammed or wasn't completely honest about an issue...such bs! Anyway I'm glad that you got everything sorted out and now have a sick M, wich is gonna be even more crazy with the new turbo. Best wishes and I hope you have clean sailing from here on out.

Last edited by bmxpert86; 10-16-2012 at 09:19 PM.
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #599
being3
Modded ///Member

HPF looked at my TPS voltage that was now being monitored in my logs and verified that my idle was registering a 4% throttle by the AEM at idle giving me the subsequent rich condition. HPF changed my AEM to my idle TPS voltage accordingly and I'm all set. ( For some reason my new TPS sensors have a different base voltage than what has typically been seen by HPF) Should have the AEM here in a few days to verify.

Once verified ill I commence with the 6766 upgrade in the next week or so.

Last edited by being3; 10-17-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #600
Commanderwiggin

Nice keep us posted

Tags
e46 m3, hpf, stage 2.5, turbo