E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #181
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post
My rear right window decided to crap out on me now. how do I find out what's wrong with it? I'm guessing it's the motor?
If only there was a gigantic internet community that collected this type of information in a searchable format. That would be super helpful!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #182
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
If only there was a gigantic internet community that collected this type of information in a searchable format. That would be super helpful!
If only there wasn't immature people who liked to troll threads instead of using their supposed huge amounts of knowledge to help others

I rolled the window down yesterday and when I tried to roll it back up it made a crack/popping sound and wouldn't roll back up. I'll take the door panel off asap and look but any ideas?
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #183
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post

Quote:
My rear right window decided to crap out on me now. how do I find out what's wrong with it? I'm guessing it's the motor?
When you press down or up, does it click or tik? I've done it several time and most of the cases is just the window regulator. It fails and the cables get stock. Is an easy DIY. Remove card/door panel and bypass the plug to see if is just the connector. The regulator is about 150 at the dealer, but ebay sells them for 25 with all the parts needed. I have used the ebay ones on 3 of my friends e46 and none of them have failed in years.
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #184
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post

When you press down or up, does it click or tik? I've done it several time and most of the cases is just the window regulator. It fails and the cables get stock. Is an easy DIY. Remove card/door panel and bypass the plug to see if is just the connector. The regulator is about 150 at the dealer, but ebay sells them for 25 with all the parts needed. I have used the ebay ones on 3 of my friends e46 and none of them have failed in years.
Thank you! Would this be the part? It says that it doesn't come with a motor, do I need the motor or do I re-use the old motor?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-REAR...03da98&vxp=mtr
Old 07-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #185
euG!

My Ride: ZHP SALOON
Send a message via AIM to euG!
^wtf man. NSFW

'04 330i ZHP
TiAg/Alcantara
3.46/APEX/KONI/COBY/JAFFSTER
euG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #186
djnekkon

Quote:
Thank you! Would this be the part? It says that it doesn't come with a motor, do I need the motor or do I re-use the old motor?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-REAR...03da98&vxp=mtr
You use the Old motor. Just follow the Video. It would take about an hour to get all done. Difficulty level 5/10. If the regulator is good when you remove the cards/panels, then it is the Motor. So don't buy it until you're sure. Again use common sense to avoid spending money. PM me if need any help.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #187
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
You use the Old motor. Just follow the Video. It would take about an hour to get all done. Difficulty level 5/10. If the regulator is good when you remove the cards/panels, then it is the Motor. So don't buy it until you're sure. Again use common sense to avoid spending money. PM me if need any help.
Sounds good, thanks man
Old 07-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #188
NikkiKrisadtyo

My Ride: 2000 E46 BMW 318i
At first I thought you were getting a lot of hate from people here. I could accept the plasti-dipped bumper and what not. But then when I saw your post about your gear knob? I could only think of this:

NikkiKrisadtyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #189
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiKrisadtyo View Post
At first I thought you were getting a lot of hate from people here. I could accept the plasti-dipped bumper and what not. But then when I saw your post about your gear knob? I could only think of this:

haha the budweiser one? It's just for fun man. All I do is cruise around, I'm not trying to make it a fast car. I realize it is a 323i and i'm going to mod it how I like
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #190
djnekkon

Quote:
haha the budweiser one? It's just for fun man. All I do is cruise around, I'm not trying to make it a fast car. I realize it is a 323i and i'm going to mod it how I like
True that, but remember there is something called power to weight ratio. Don't feel discouraged and don't get fooled by the restricted and downgraded components that makes the M52tu be slower than what it is against other 3 series. The people who really know about the M52tu, M52 and the M52B30 and M52B28 know what's really going on the marketing level. The 323 did not get the intake and exhaust manifolds tweaks. I personally dont believe that less than 14 Hps would make such a diff (Price wise) between cars. At least 323 has a decent torque and makes a perfect DD. Even if you add a turbo dont act stupid on the street and be safe.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #191
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
True that, but remember there is something called power to weight ratio. Don't feel discouraged and don't get fooled by the restricted and downgraded components that makes the M52tu be slower than what it is against other 3 series. The people who really know about the M52tu, M52 and the M52B30 and M52B28 know what's really going on the marketing level. The 323 did not get the intake and exhaust manifolds tweaks. I personally dont believe that less than 14 Hps would make such a diff (Price wise) between cars. At least 323 has a decent torque and makes a perfect DD. Even if you add a turbo dont act stupid on the street and be safe.
Yea I've got a whole lot to learn still

Last edited by domcreates; 07-25-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #192
JUN-TUN809

My Ride: 2000 328i
hey what do you think about the raceland coilovers? and nice build
JUN-TUN809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #193
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUN-TUN809 View Post
hey what do you think about the raceland coilovers? and nice build
I think they are great if you are just looking to lower your car
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #194
domcreates
Banned User

Bought the $25 rear right window regulator from ebay, installed it and window now works Also got the 38" Thule fairing for my roof rack. It got rid of all the whistling noises! Makes it look a lot better also imo. Also both racing seats are now installed in the front

LED Side markers, corners and interior bulbs are on their way as we speak.

Last thing to fix on the inside is my door panels. I'm going to dye the rear two black but the front two are way to beat up. I'm looking to buy the two front door panels in black, hit me up if you have any or see any for sale for a good price!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #195
domcreates
Banned User

also, off topic, but I went skydiving for the first time today. if you haven't tried it then you definitely should!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #196
djnekkon

FUN stuff. Good to hear about your window regulator. Keep it up!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #197
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:
FUN stuff. Good to hear about your window regulator. Keep it up!
Thanks for the motivation to do it myself haha and the info
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #198
domcreates
Banned User

just some random pictures from the little trip I took with my gf these last couple weeks. only thing new on it is the LED corners and LED side markers.

I'm thinking about risking it and getting my drivers and passengers windows tinted again. this time as dark as my rear windows. I'm thinking this because... I only drive the car during the summer when i'm home from school. I don't have an ac so when I do drive the car my windows are down. When I park the car itll look dope with all black windows, and will keep my car cooler. what do you think? will tint shops even do it since it's illegal?

san francisco golden gate

monterey

moss landing

Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #199
domcreates
Banned User

you might notice that I have one LED corner and one Non-LED corner. That's because khaolty sent me one that doesn't work. It just makes a weird buzzing noise. They said that Depo is sending me a replacement.... I hope they are..
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #200
SkrApUNB

My Ride: 03 325i
Quote:
also, off topic, but I went skydiving for the first time today. if you haven't tried it then you definitely should!

I have always wanted to go sky diving. but something just occured to me while looking at this picture.. i would be scared shitless that my shoe was going to fly off.

-Brandon
SkrApUNB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
-*nga*-