E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #321
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
Do it and don't look back. This phone is a beast. If she doesn't mind the size *giggity* then she will love it.
She has had the Note II for a couple of weeks now and loves it. It synced up perfectly with my server at work and hasn't given her any trouble.

Now I see reports that the Galaxy S IV may be coming out early in the second quarter of this year. Has anyone heard anything? I may have to wait to see what it looks like before pulling the trigger.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #322
shwagon

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
Straight talk is going to require a ATT or Tmoble based phone to activate on its network.

All your options will be lad out on XDA. Head on over to the forums and check out the Verizon SIII section. Your first step is likely going to be to root and unlock the bootloader of your phone. Once you do that you will have a lot more options.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1708
Cool deal, thanks for the help.
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #323
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
She has had the Note II for a couple of weeks now and loves it. It synced up perfectly with my server at work and hasn't given her any trouble.

Now I see reports that the Galaxy S IV may be coming out early in the second quarter of this year. Has anyone heard anything? I may have to wait to see what it looks like before pulling the trigger.
Hopefully they make drastic changes to build quality

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #324
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
Not to mention signal strength...and get rid of that damned AMOLED.

Last edited by Dreamliner330; 01-23-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #325
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Really? My wife's phone seems to be pretty solid. It's not as solid as the iPhone, but it's noticeably lighter as well.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #326
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Hmmm. I've had no issues with build quality and I generally treat my phone like crap. I've dropped many times (some of them with no case) and I have nary a scratch.

I agree that it feels cheap in the hand, but durability hasn't been an issue (for me at least).
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #327
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
Not to mention signal strength...and get rid of that damned AMOLED.

Still having signal quality issues? I had An S2 on TMobile and it was horrible, even on their most basic network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Hmmm. I've had no issues with build quality and I generally treat my phone like crap. I've dropped many times (some of them with no case) and I have nary a scratch.

I agree that it feels cheap in the hand, but durability hasn't been an issue (for me at least).
There's no reason for it to feel cheap other than them being really cheap about it. The phone I have costs $50 and is built and feels much better

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #328
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Still having signal quality issues? I had An S2 on TMobile and it was horrible, even on their most basic network

There's no reason for it to feel cheap other than them being really cheap about it. The phone I have costs $50 and is built and feels much better
I guess I dont really care if it feels cheap as long as it doesnt break. I think something feeling "cheap" is really in the eye of the beholder based on experience. When I first got it I thought it would break if I dropped it on carpet from 6 inches up since it felt so light and thin. Now after dropping it on concrete from 7 feet it doesn't seem quite so cheap to me. Now I think of it as well built just using lightweight materials. Maybe those lighweight materials are HELPING it to not break (I have no idea, just a thought).
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #329
Dreamliner330

Quote:
Yes. I've had 3 Samsung devices. I was immediately met with dropped calls and signal issues. A lot of people claim to have no issues, but I've tried 3 different models and the problem was extremely immediate and apparent. I've heard the Note 2 is significantly better, but I don't have personal experience with that device yet.

I think the build quality is fine, though I've read something about a lot of the GS3s dying after a certain amount of time..
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #330
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Samsung products have high failure rates across the board.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #331
Dreamliner330

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Samsung products have high failure rates across the board.
Yeah, at the moment, I don't own a single Samsung product.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #332
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
Anybody else loving Google now?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #333
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Yea, it's pretty awesome lol. Definitely something good Google has going for them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote