E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #21
radarcontact

My Ride: 2006 330CiC/ZHP
I'm going to re-run my wiring in a few weeks. And I'll give my review of the system, too.
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #22
TurnersInOz

My Ride: 2004 325i
Hi Radar,
Just curious about the mounting of your LF drivers... In previous installs you've mounted directly to the door and not the card. Did you mount to the card here only because of the depth of the driver, or was there other reasoning? Are you planning something to seal the driver to your existing hole in the door, or how do you plan to finish this off?

Scott
TurnersInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #23
radarcontact

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnersInOz View Post
Hi Radar,
Just curious about the mounting of your LF drivers... In previous installs you've mounted directly to the door and not the card. Did you mount to the card here only because of the depth of the driver, or was there other reasoning? Are you planning something to seal the driver to your existing hole in the door, or how do you plan to finish this off?

Scott
Hey Scott,

No, I've never mounted to the door, only the card.

I don't think I'll be sealing it to the door; the air space is shared in many places, so it would be a fruitless attempt.

I mounted to the card because of the speaker depth...the vert is a real b*tch!

It's finished, except the door card won't seal against the door yet. I need to replace a door bolt with something shallower, or flip it over. Not sure yet what's going to work. It's the one at the bottom of my cutouts...it just barely hits the magnet.

Just haven't had the time.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
radarcontact

Simply removed the rubber magnet cover and the door panel/card fits fine again.

System sounds awesome, waaaaay more mid-bass than the CDT set. Blows on my left pants leg as I'm driving down the road!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Have you cut a hole in the door to allow the speaker to vent? Or is it all fitting in front of the sheetmetal?

After having to dremel the card to install a much shallower driver, hats off for getting that tank to fit!

dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #26
MikeS123

My Ride: 2003 M3 Vert
Is there really a difference between the coupe and the convertible? I was hoping to use this method to mount my Boston Pro's to the doors.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317339
MikeS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #27
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
No I believe there is no difference.

If there is any difference at all, maybe there's some extra bracing in the door of the vert. But that is totally a guess, and I think they are the same.

That link is a sedan, and those doors are different. There's a brace in the door of the coupe and convertible for the window I believe that you have to avoid cutting.

I hear the Pro 60s have killer midbass! Let us know how they sound.

This thread may be helpful:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=912660
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote