E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #3461
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I got a Lands' End corduroy sport coat yesterday at Sears. It was only about a hundred bucks and looks good with chinos and denim. The last time I had a corduroy jacket was about 1977.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #3462
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Pic?

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #3463
VaderDave
Invictus

This is the picture from the Lands' End website.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 AM   #3464
imolazhp_ci

My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
i don't know if i've ever seen patch pockets with flaps... interesting.

Last edited by imolazhp_ci; 01-02-2013 at 04:18 AM.
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #3465
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
AE trolled me, that's for sure. You'd think that they would let you know of any backordered things during the checkout process, but they don't, I guess. I don't mind waiting a week. 5 weeks, not so much.

I think I'm going to cancel my order tomorrow and order from Amazon. Free 2 day shipping is much better.

Edit: Ordered from Amazon. I'll have the shoes in a few days :-)
Anytime that happens, call your local AE store. They will be more than happy to ship them to you. I am an hour away from Boston, and personally, the staff there is so amazing, i would rather call them and put my order in and give them my business rather than amazing or AE.com.

Speaking of their staff being amazing. I um.. got an offer than i couldn't resist. A few of you know that I had a pair of cordovan McGraws that were up for sale. I chatted with the manager at the boston office, and she had me take them up there. She gave me full price credit ($595) for returning them.

Walnut Strands are getting recrafted
Bourbon Strands are on their way to my house, should get them in the next day or two
Couple silk cufflinks
More shoe brushes, some colorful laces, etc...
$98 credit on an AE card

Merry Christmas to me. I will be sending AE a hand written note regarding the store on Newbury St. They are effing amazing.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #3466
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

"I'm farting right now, but you won't know its me" face
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #3467
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
i don't know if i've ever seen patch pockets with flaps... interesting.
I look at it as a small step above my barn jacket in terms of formality.

EDIT: after thinking about it over lunch I did a quick Google search. It looks like flapped patch pockets tend to be more appreciated on tweed and other more rustic jackets. So I think for corduroy it's acceptable.

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...p-pockets.html

Last edited by VaderDave; 01-02-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #3468
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
Anytime that happens, call your local AE store. They will be more than happy to ship them to you. I am an hour away from Boston, and personally, the staff there is so amazing, i would rather call them and put my order in and give them my business rather than amazing or AE.com.

Speaking of their staff being amazing. I um.. got an offer than i couldn't resist. A few of you know that I had a pair of cordovan McGraws that were up for sale. I chatted with the manager at the boston office, and she had me take them up there. She gave me full price credit ($595) for returning them.

Walnut Strands are getting recrafted
Bourbon Strands are on their way to my house, should get them in the next day or two
Couple silk cufflinks
More shoe brushes, some colorful laces, etc...
$98 credit on an AE card

Merry Christmas to me. I will be sending AE a hand written note regarding the store on Newbury St. They are effing amazing.
That's a great deal from AE.

You're getting your Strands recrafted already? Haven't you had them only a year or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #3469
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Surrey
What was wrong with the cordovans?

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #3470
VaderDave
Invictus

Today. Also: grey slacks, MacNeils.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357148247.722923.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	484295  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #3471
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
^do you like the superdry jacket? i never heard of superdry until i lived in london last year; the brand is really really popular there. i checked out a store and really liked the style of their clothing, but the quality seemed to be really lacking relative to the price, kind of like a more urban-styled abercrombie.
I'd also note that I only like their Windcheater jackets. The t-shirts remind me of Lucky Brand (lots of "vintage" racing/athletic stuff). The jackets are a deal, if you compare the pricing to that of their t-shirts or hoodies.

It's definitely not something I can wear to work, but I've got a lot of studying to do this year and I'm sure the jacket will get a lot of wear to/from/at the library, running errands, etc.

I also got a pair of Roshe Trail Runs. The upper is ripstop and they're super comfortable.

This stuff comes in handy on those days when pants with buttons seem like too much of a chore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357148225.384373.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	484294  

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #3472
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
That's a great deal from AE.

You're getting your Strands recrafted already? Haven't you had them only a year or so?
Yea man, I couldn't be happier with that. I almost pulled the trigger on the Rutledges instead of the bourbon Strands, but I'll budget for those and grab them with my store credit.

The strands were my first pair, so I definitely wore them a lot more frequently than I should have, not to mention they have seen their fair share of late nights out. My left sole wears tremendously faster than the right. I have spoken to a cobbler and my (awesome) shoe shine guy at Nordstroms that I see when I'm wearing my Cole Haans or whatever else. I usually polish my own, but I had the strands done a few weeks ago when I was Christmas shopping.

He said that my walk is good, and agreed that I might be twisting my foot when I put the clutch in. It sounds silly and I know no one else has that problem, but this wears out exactly where I make contact with the clutch. I also have a habit of holding the clutch in when stopped, rather than putting it in neutral and leaving the clutch out, which leaves my foot fully bended at the ball of the shoe. He checked the rest of my sole, and everything else looks good. He said if I had an abnormal step, the rest of the shoe would show, but everything else along the corners of sole and the heel looked perfect. I am still going to make it a point to see a podiatrist so I can have a proper examination.

Had them for 11 months, left shoe just broke through the cork, so bye bye for a few weeks. I will post pics and a review when I get them back, I am definitely looking forward to seeing how far $125 goes in recrafting.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #3473
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Surrey
What was wrong with the cordovans?

[bimmerapp]
Nothing was wrong with them, the 10.5B actually fit similar to the 9.5D (333) and 10D (5) last. With $600 worth of shoes, I figured I would get much more use out of another cap toe since it is my favorite styled shoe from them, plus a free recrafting, some nick nacks, and still a $100 credit.

My next pair of cordovans are Alden chukkas #8. I already made my mind up with that one, and unfortunately AE doesn't offer any other shoe in shell that I would get $600 worth.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #3474
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Just trying to figure out why you were trying to sell them if you had the option of returning...
Unless if the manager just hooked you up on something that normally cannot be returned
Did you buy them retail or through another channel?

[bimmerapp]

Quote:

Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #3475
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
Nothing was wrong with them, the 10.5B actually fit similar to the 9.5D (333) and 10D (5) last. With $600 worth of shoes, I figured I would get much more use out of another cap toe since it is my favorite styled shoe from them, plus a free recrafting, some nick nacks, and still a $100 credit.

My next pair of cordovans are Alden chukkas #8. I already made my mind up with that one, and unfortunately AE doesn't offer any other shoe in shell that I would get $600 worth.
Just my two cents...I wouldn't get another cordovan chukka unless I could get an unlined model (very uncommon). The creasing on them is very unattractive to me.

Quote:

Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #3476
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Just trying to figure out why you were trying to sell them if you had the option of returning...
Unless if the manager just hooked you up on something that normally cannot be returned
Did you buy them retail or through another channel?

[bimmerapp]
Perhaps they were outside of the return window?

Quote:

Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #3477
JJR4884

they were outside the return window, no receipt, and the shoe itself was made early 2012... i basically took them back in a box, nothing else, and they still accepted them
Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #3478
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Rohde
You are in london... and you didn't offer to proxy anything for us

[bimmerapp]

Quote:

Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #3479
Wes

I ordered some McTavishs about a week ago and they were delivered today. They are terribly tight around my pinky toe. The manager at the AE store (the person who helped me) measured my feet and said that I am a D width. I tried them on in-store and they felt ok. Maybe the pair that I tried on were a demo model and had been stretched a bit or the leather was different, but mine feel too tight. Even though I am normally a D width, the #5 last is on the narrow side. The manager said that if I went to an E, my feet would be swimming in the shoes, but I don't see how that's possible. I guess I'll be sending them back...
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #3480
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I ordered some McTavishs about a week ago and they were delivered today. They are terribly tight around my pinky toe. The manager at the AE store (the person who helped me) measured my feet and said that I am a D width. I tried them on in-store and they felt ok. Maybe the pair that I tried on were a demo model and had been stretched a bit or the leather was different, but mine feel too tight. Even though I am normally a D width, the #5 last is on the narrow side. The manager said that if I went to an E, my feet would be swimming in the shoes, but I don't see how that's possible. I guess I'll be sending them back...
That's a tough thing about shoe lasts.

If it's too tight at the pinky, the shoe will eventually crack there, even with lots of TLC.