E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #3601
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
i meant washed at the hotel.
oh. i never stay at a hotel. i stay with my parents.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #3602
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,533
My Ride: Trek 1.5
I figured this would be the best place to ask this...

Do you guys have any tips for removing water spots on leather? I have polish and some quick shine stuff but I haven't used either on these yet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357687977.973098.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	485203
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #3603
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,506
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
any good restaurant suggestions?? I already have reservations at Maestro's that sat night.... will be looking for good lunch/dinner places
heard good things about Maestro's

you can try out that seafood place i've posted pictures from
the water grill
http://www.watergrill.com/
it won't blow you away but it's a pretty good restaurant all around
i've been there about 4 times and 3 out of 4 times i've had really good experience
one time was whatever... both the food i ordered and overall experience

are you interested in korean bbq?
i highly recommend "Oo-Kook" on 8th street in koreatown
$25/person for high quality wagyu beef and stuff, all you can eat
there are cheaper places but trust me, this place is the BEST for the money
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/153729...-Korean-BBQ-LA

then there is Park's BBQ
http://www.parksbbq.com/parks
it's not all you can eat so it can get quite pricey
which is why i love Oo-kook so much
it's pretty much on par with Park's but you won't break the bank

if you want sushi rec or anything else, i have some as well


Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post

the second week is pretty packed actually, i'm there for a conference and my boss and girlfriend will both be in town, but i'll PM you my cell. i work downtown and am usually in that general area. i'm sure we can figure something out.
i'll be in downtown as well
maybe a quickie after work one day
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #3604
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
i'll be in downtown as well
maybe a quickie after work one day
sounds gewd.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #3605
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,899
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
We just added another driver to the Vader household. =|
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #3606
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,506
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
sounds gewd.
my schedule is pretty open so maybe sometime next week will work as well
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #3607
Wes
Registered User
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,307
I've been to oo-kook and honestly did not enjoy it. I've heard a lot of good things so I think I probably just went on an off night. Still, I probably wont go back.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #3608
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,506
My Ride: is totaled
what didn't you enjoy?
i've been to the majority ... perhaps even almost all ... of the korean bbq places in koreatown
Oo-kook has the best deal
gotta go with the $25/person option to get the best quality meat
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 01-08-2013 at 07:20 PM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #3609
Wes
Registered User
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
what didn't you enjoy?
i've been to the majority ... perhaps even almost all ... of the korean bbq places in koreatown
Oo-kook has the best deal
gotta go with the $25/person option to get the best quality meat
It's been a while since I went, but they were out of some meat that I was looking forward to eating. I remember the banchan being good, but I don't recall getting any boricha or a pancake. The bulgogi marinade also tasted strange and the servers were not attentive.

Like I said, I probably just went on an off night.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #3610
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,267
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I figured this would be the best place to ask this...

Do you guys have any tips for removing water spots on leather? I have polish and some quick shine stuff but I haven't used either on these yet.
Attachment 485203
Honesty, just get a jar of saphir renovaateur and use that, if there is anything that will remove it, along with any other contaminates on the leather, saphir makes the best product. Yea, its $22 plus shipping, but its worth it, it will last you for at least a couple years

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
heard good things about Maestro's

you can try out that seafood place i've posted pictures from
the water grill
http://www.watergrill.com/
it won't blow you away but it's a pretty good restaurant all around
i've been there about 4 times and 3 out of 4 times i've had really good experience
one time was whatever... both the food i ordered and overall experience

are you interested in korean bbq?
i highly recommend "Oo-Kook" on 8th street in koreatown
$25/person for high quality wagyu beef and stuff, all you can eat
there are cheaper places but trust me, this place is the BEST for the money
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/5/153729...-Korean-BBQ-LA

then there is Park's BBQ
http://www.parksbbq.com/parks
it's not all you can eat so it can get quite pricey
which is why i love Oo-kook so much
it's pretty much on par with Park's but you won't break the bank

if you want sushi rec or anything else, i have some as well
Thanks for the suggestions, that Oo-Kook sounds good for lunch... 4/5 stars out of 300+ reviews on yelp is good enough for me. Will definitely check it out. My brother likes sushi, so let me know the best place to go, we'll probably do that Friday night. As for me, I like funky. Anything with a unique cuisine is right up my alley, i eat anything, and the weirder, the better lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I've been to oo-kook and honestly did not enjoy it. I've heard a lot of good things so I think I probably just went on an off night. Still, I probably wont go back.
Any other suggestions you snob? xo

Last edited by JJR4884; 01-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #3611
Wes
Registered User
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
Any other suggestions you snob? xo
lol jackass.

For sushi, my two favorite places in DTLA are Restaurant Komasa and Sushi Go 55.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/restaurant-komasa-los-angeles

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-go-55-los-angeles

Both places are very quaint and humble (Restaurant Komasa can get PACKED, though!). Japanese owned and operated, don't expect to find tons of fancy rolls, but do expect to find awesome quality fish. For somebody like me who only cares for nigiri (and chirashi boxes ), these two places are perfect. I'm not sure if that's what your brother is into.

For brunch, I enjoy Bottega Louie.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bottega-louie-los-angeles

As far as something weird.... I can't imagine you guys having too many Persian/Armenian restaurants in RI.

Raffi's Palace in Glendale is my absolute favorite.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/raffis-place...urant-glendale

Their soltani kabob and ghormeh sabzi are great

Last edited by Wes; 01-08-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #3612
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,506
My Ride: is totaled
i've been to komasa a few times
very good and not expensive (as other places)
Sushi Gen on the next block is very highly regarded but pricier

there are also fancy restaurants like the Saam at the Bazaar by chef jose andres
http://www.thebazaar.com/beverly-hills-saam


you can't make a reservation at komasa
just have to sign in and wait
there is always a 45min-1hour wait for dinner
i forget if they give you a call when you're up or not .. but they might do that
my sister lives a block away from Komasa so she'll sign in and then wait at home
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 01-08-2013 at 08:16 PM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #3613
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,267
My Ride: BMW
he is more of a spicy tuna kinda guy, as for me, i do like crazy food, but for sushi, less is more... thanks, will definitely lie to him and take him there lol
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #3614
Wes
Registered User
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
i've been to komasa a few times
very good and not expensive (as other places)
Sushi Gen on the next block is very highly regarded but pricier

there are also fancy restaurants like the Saam at the Bazaar by chef jose andres
http://www.thebazaar.com/beverly-hills-saam


you can't make a reservation at komasa
just have to sign in and wait
there is always a 45min-1hour wait for dinner
i forget if they give you a call when you're up or not .. but they might do that
my sister lives a block away from Komasa so she'll sign in and then wait at home
A lot of places in Little Tokyo are like that. It's mildly annoying because a lot of places are really popular and the wait can be very long.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #3615
Wes
Registered User
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
he is more of a spicy tuna kinda guy, as for me, i do like crazy food, but for sushi, less is more... thanks, will definitely lie to him and take him there lol
Oh, they have spicy tuna. Just don't expect a menu with pages and pages of fancy rolls.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #3616
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,267
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
lol jackass.

For sushi, my two favorite places in DTLA are Restaurant Komasa and Sushi Go 55.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/restaurant-komasa-los-angeles

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-go-55-los-angeles

Both places are very quaint and humble (Restaurant Komasa can get PACKED, though!). Japanese owned and operated, don't expect to find tons of fancy rolls, but do expect to find awesome quality fish. For somebody like me who only cares for nigiri (and chirashi boxes ), these two places are perfect. I'm not sure if that's what your brother is into.

For brunch, I enjoy Bottega Louie.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bottega-louie-los-angeles

As far as something weird.... I can't imagine you guys having too many Persian/Armenian restaurants in RI.

Raffi's Palace in Glendale is my absolute favorite.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/raffis-place...urant-glendale

Their soltani kabob and ghormeh sabzi are great
Holy edit

Thank you sir... if you can make it up for a bit, please feel free to join. I think i'll be doing my own thing at times as well. I don't plan on being with him the entire trip, i can't fvcking stand him lol.

where are you anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
i've been to komasa a few times
very good and not expensive (as other places)
Sushi Gen on the next block is very highly regarded but pricier

there are also fancy restaurants like the Saam at the Bazaar by chef jose andres
http://www.thebazaar.com/beverly-hills-saam


you can't make a reservation at komasa
just have to sign in and wait
there is always a 45min-1hour wait for dinner
i forget if they give you a call when you're up or not .. but they might do that
my sister lives a block away from Komasa so she'll sign in and then wait at home
sister you say?
sure, i'll put my name in then grab a bottle of wine and head over to kill some time
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #3617
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,267
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Oh, they have spicy tuna. Just don't expect a menu with pages and pages of fancy rolls.
ya thats not my kinda thing, and come to think of it, he is simple with sushi... california roll (gag,) philly roll (gag,) spicy tuna and what not. I'm not too worried about that though, he doesn't have to come. Sushi bars are the few places i actually enjoy going alone just as much as with company.
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #3618
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,506
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post

sister you say?
sure, i'll put my name in then grab a bottle of wine and head over to kill some time



married
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #3619
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,267
My Ride: BMW
haha you know i'm kidding... seriously tho i would love to meet up with a few of you guys... sat, sun, mon lunch i'm free... sat night and sunday night i'm booked, leaving first thing tuesday morning.
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #3620
Wes
Registered User
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
Holy edit

Thank you sir... if you can make it up for a bit, please feel free to join. I think i'll be doing my own thing at times as well. I don't plan on being with him the entire trip, i can't fvcking stand him lol.

where are you anyways?
Yea, I'd love to meet up when you're down here. I'm just north of LA, but I go all the time so I don't mind driving down.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use