E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #3961
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Need more opinions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1359235645.948573.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	487894   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1359235676.091559.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	487895   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1359235699.803721.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	487896   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1359235744.301333.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	487897  

__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #3962
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,388
My Ride: is totaled
looks pretty good so far
but it's hard to tell with that downward angle
take pic from farther away and from a little above your bellybutton or so
you can crop your face later but it helps to see at least your neck
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #3963
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
those pics above are of a bb madison in 40s, which is sized down from my normal size of 42-43. the fitz just doesnt have enough space for my big arms and i think i'm gonna exchange it for the madison. i think it fits well, but the pants are pleated. i can have them taken out. should i?
__________________

Last edited by Mike Larry; 01-26-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #3964
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,388
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
those pics above are of a bb madison in 40s, which is sized down from my normal size of 42-43. the fitz just doesnt have enough space for my big arms and i think i'm gonna exchange it for the madison. i think it fits well, but the pants are pleated. i can have them taken out. should i?
did you ever post pics of the fitz? can't remember

do NOT try to take pleated pants and make them flat
it is not worth the time/money/effort and no guarantee on the results
can you live with the pleated pants?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #3965
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
did you ever post pics of the fitz? can't remember

do NOT try to take pleated pants and make them flat
it is not worth the time/money/effort and no guarantee on the results
can you live with the pleated pants?
is it really that risky? i'll post up pics of the fitz tomorrow; a bit busy right now. it probably looks ok, but it's just too slim for my arms
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #3966
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,388
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
is it really that risky? i'll post up pics of the fitz tomorrow; a bit busy right now. it probably looks ok, but it's just too slim for my arms
there are more than enough posts on styleforum telling people not to do it
it's not like just straightening out the front ... you have to basically reshape and recut the fabric
and if you found a tailor willing to do it, you might end up paying enough to buy new pants (or even more)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #3967
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
is it really that risky? i'll post up pics of the fitz tomorrow; a bit busy right now. it probably looks ok, but it's just too slim for my arms
It's 100% not worth it. It's a ton of work and no guarantee it'll turn out. I doubt the BB tailor will even do it.

How big are your arms? Except at my biggest I haven't had an issue fitting into a properly sized jacket.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #3968
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 817
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
I've had a tailor alter from pleated to flat front on two separate suits and it turned out fine for me


It was about $60 per suit.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #3969
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,388
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I've had a tailor alter from pleated to flat front on two separate suits and it turned out fine for me


It was about $60 per suit.
Orly?
That's awesome
$60 is a good deal ... as long as it comes out right
And the pants were pretty nice to begin with

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 01-26-2013 at 04:59 PM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #3970
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
Need more opinions.
looks like you'd do better with suit that has a softer shoulder. an italian suit, more specifically. see how your deltoids "poke" through the soft part of the arm of the jacket? part of that has to do with the shoulder artificially staying "up" due to the padding. you could go for a bigger size, which would bring out the padding flush with your shoulder muscles, but that would look off. i'd recommend a softer shouldered jacket.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #3971
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
It's 100% not worth it. It's a ton of work and no guarantee it'll turn out. I doubt the BB tailor will even do it.

How big are your arms? Except at my biggest I haven't had an issue fitting into a properly sized jacket.
16.5 inch biceps. it's annoying the sh1t out of me. i realize 16.5 is a little bigger than average, but it's still within the meaty part of the bell curve for most guys. how is it possible that every slim/athletic cut suit i've tried on doesnt accomodate my arms?
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #3972
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
looks like you'd do better with suit that has a softer shoulder. an italian suit, more specifically. see how your deltoids "poke" through the soft part of the arm of the jacket? part of that has to do with the shoulder artificially staying "up" due to the padding. you could go for a bigger size, which would bring out the padding flush with your shoulder muscles, but that would look off. i'd recommend a softer shouldered jacket.
i'm not sure what you mean. can you elaborate?

and where can i get a softer shouldered suit?
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #3973
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Orly?
That's awesome
$60 is a good deal ... as long as it comes out right
And the pants were pretty nice to begin with

[bimmerapp]
the SA at bb told me that it'd be about $65 to remove the pleats from the madison
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #3974
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I've had a tailor alter from pleated to flat front on two separate suits and it turned out fine for me


It was about $60 per suit.
I'm surprised, but I'm also apparently wrong.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #3975
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,388
My Ride: is totaled
I have had my jacket sleeves slimmed...
never heard of anyone taking the sleeves and making them looser... but maybe it is worth asking


[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #3976
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
16.5 inch biceps. it's annoying the sh1t out of me. i realize 16.5 is a little bigger than average, but it's still within the meaty part of the bell curve for most guys. how is it possible that every slim/athletic cut suit i've tried on doesnt accomodate my arms?
Head over to Epaulet and try their sport coats. They also do full suits in navy or gray.

I have two sport coats from them and they accommodate my arms/shoulders just fine.

They also have soft shoulder options (Napoli cut). These will have less padding. You don't need so much padding in the shoulders because, well, the point of padding is to make a man look like he has broad shoulders...lifters already have that.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #3977
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you
 
Fisch330ciTopasBlau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 1,758
My Ride: A car.
I got some wingtip.....sneakers. lol On Sale at Myhabit.

__________________

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #3978
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Head over to Epaulet and try their sport coats. They also do full suits in navy or gray.

I have two sport coats from them and they accommodate my arms/shoulders just fine.

They also have soft shoulder options (Napoli cut). These will have less padding. You don't need so much padding in the shoulders because, well, the point of padding is to make a man look like he has broad shoulders...lifters already have that.
word. but i don't think patch pockets are acceptable in any office environment. (napoli)
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #3979
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 817
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
AE has released some of their new spring styles.......I have to say I'm not a fan of any of them.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...02_subcategory

Particularly ugly are the Chukkamok and the Sapienza.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 01-27-2013 at 11:26 AM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #3980
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,899
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
AE has released some of their new spring styles.......I have to say I'm not a fan of any of them.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...02_subcategory

Particularly ugly are the Chukkamok and the Sapienza.
I like the Patriot, but the others don't do anything for me. I hate the names they are giving their shoes now.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use