E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
CarterRuss

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323Ci
In my spare time, I am trying to get certified for PFT, so I started a WIP website: http://breaktobuild.com Under motivation there are a ton a pictures that I scan all the time, also on the blog there are some videos and such. Check it out if want

Greg Plitt has some awesome videos, jordan and nike commercials are always good...ummmm.

**Remember change takes time, but eat clean train dirty, you'll see results with commitment**

CarterRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
SW222
Banned User

My Ride: is silver and slow.
Is it possible to gain muscle mass fast within a year doing only compound exercises?? I'm really motivated to get in shape.

Sent from Jack Bauer.
SW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #23
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW222 View Post
Is it possible to gain muscle mass fast within a year doing only compound exercises?? I'm really motivated to get in shape.

Sent from Jack Bauer.
absolutely

squat, bench, deadlift, press, clean, pull ups etc if done right along with a good high cal diet you can built muscle.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
CarterRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
absolutely

squat, bench, deadlift, press, clean, pull ups etc if done right along with a good high cal diet you can built muscle.
Exactly, alot of workouts out there that are based solely on the squat, dead lift, and bench. The Big 3, all major muscles, and using the entire body. And as he said, pair that with 3000+ calories, good supps (protein, bcaas, aminos, glutamine) and you are golden.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #25
SW222
Banned User

My Ride: is silver and slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
absolutely

Good to hear because Im trying to make a routine of strictly compound exercises.

Also, I just wanna prove to my bro that a short compound workout routine is better than spending hours working out. He thinks you need to workout for a long period of time in each session to get results and, laughs at me when I only spend 25 minutes and expect to make gains.

I keep trying to explain to him that doing compound is better but that fcuker is too stuck on his own routine to listen.

Sent from Jack Bauer.
SW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #26
CarterRuss

well 25 minutes is pretty short, technically you can make gains but ideally you should be spending about 45 minutes, anything less is honestly too short of time, and anything more than an hour is honestly too long

Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #27
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Good to hear because Im trying to make a routine of strictly compound exercises.

Also, I just wanna prove to my bro that a short compound workout routine is better than spending hours working out. He thinks you need to workout for a long period of time in each session to get results and, laughs at me when I only spend 25 minutes and expect to make gains.

I keep trying to explain to him that doing compound is better but that fcuker is too stuck on his own routine to listen.

Sent from Jack Bauer.
It's hard to say what's better but what I can tell you is if you're really pushing yourself with a compound program there is no way you'll get out in 25 minutes. Look into starting strength, strong lifts, or madcows5x5.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #28
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:

Sent from Jack Bauer.
If you eat right and get plenty of rest, yes.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
jaewonder

My Ride: 13 Cooper S
What's the best workout? It's a workout that you'll continue to do for the rest of your lives, whether it be gardening, cycling, weight lifting, etc. Changes are made and visible in the long-run, not in a few days or weeks. So find something that you can stick to and that you enjoy doing. -Jae
Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #30
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
This is my motivation:

B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #31
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
This is my motivation:

I would incorporate her into my routine. Warm up with 100 dry humps, proceed to 3 sets of missionary etc...

JK (not) but I find pics like that to be semi motivating too. good contribution
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #32
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:

Sent from Jack Bauer.
You're comparing apples and oranges. Time versus workout philosophy. Even if you do make "gains" on your 25-minute big-3 routine, it does nothing to disprove the quality of a bodybuilding split. As someone who does a bodybuilding split and is against big-3 routines, I would still say he's wasting his time if he's spending >1hr in the gym.

By the way, I've made this point a few times and have yet to see any real counterpoint: if you are lifting for looks, a big-3 routine is about as bad as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #33
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
BRB getting aesthetic to marry a fellow aesthetic

kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #34
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
oh my. The legs on that first girl
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #35
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
You're comparing apples and oranges. Time versus workout philosophy. Even if you do make "gains" on your 25-minute big-3 routine, it does nothing to disprove the quality of a bodybuilding split. As someone who does a bodybuilding split and is against big-3 routines, I would still say he's wasting his time if he's spending >1hr in the gym.

By the way, I've made this point a few times and have yet to see any real counterpoint: if you are lifting for looks, a big-3 routine is about as bad as it gets.
Agree with this post 100%. Can you make gains in 25 minutes? Sure. What kind of gains though?

You can add a little bulk and make some noob strength gains, but a true long term strength program will take a lot more than 25 minutes 3 or 4 times a week. A true aesthetic program will take a lot longer than that as well.

If time is really the issue you can probably get more bang for your buck with a pure strength routine, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll look any better.

What is your goal out of working out?
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #36
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #37
sweetbro858

Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
sweetbro858

Eric Thomas's speech is great. But this one does it for me.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #39
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
My church is a gym, services conducted by Lee Priest, Arnold is god, J.C. Stands for Jay Cutler and Ronnie is Moses! I use the preacher bench for confessionals and the squat rack to pay my pennance! Praise be unto Gold's!

"I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts.*
Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate.*
I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.
The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found.*
There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength.*
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's*
impossible to turn back.
The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get*
told that you're a god or a total bastard.*
The Iron will always kick you the real deal.*
The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver.*
Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.*
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend.*
It never freaks out on me, never runs.*
Friends may come and go.*
But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

Henry Rollins

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
-- Socrates 400 BC

Last edited by DILLA; 07-10-2012 at 07:10 PM.
DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #40
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post

I think you and glight have an extreme definition of looks. Looks isn't necessarily competing.

Looks can be a low fat, strong body. To me, that "looks" good. I don't need a bulging chest or for my arms to stretch my tshirts. Is a compound still good for this goal?