E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #121
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
also, i definitely still can't do hang cleans as fast as you do. i need to get the weight up, catch it AND secure it before i let it back down again. i think i'd hit myself in the face if i went that fast
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #122
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
also, i definitely still can't do hang cleans as fast as you do. i need to get the weight up, catch it AND secure it before i let it back down again. i think i'd hit myself in the face if i went that fast
like rippetoe says for overhead press... try it. You'll only hit yourself in the face once
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #123
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
^i noticed my burpee form is a bit different from yours. after the push-up portion, i bring my legs back in under my body such that i'm basically in a crouch, and then i burst/jump up from that crouched position. it makes things slower and murders my legs (in a good way). is this wrong?
I go wider so it's faster and less fatigue on my legs. I'm trying to move fast with these, not get a leg workout. What you're doing isn't wrong, it's just not idea for a times workout that is designed for you to move fast.

Quote:
Nah you'll be fine. Just practice man. I just watched that and my cleans now are much faster.

here's last nights video. cleans are right after the deads

Last edited by DylloS; 01-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #124
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
^damn i really like that routine; i might incorporate that next week.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #125
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEinc_StephenK View Post
I respect that Trashcan. Straight up Alpha Male right there ...
:beer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
eats bear, not tv. You're backwoods as fuuck. lol
Lol, it's not that bad. I live in a pretty decent sized town of about 12k. Big place for me though.

No TV because i see cable as a big waste of money and time (plus we have cable at work that shows me how useless TV is now days), and the only thing on regular TV worthwhile is the packer game, which i usually go out to watch if i have time.

No computer anymore because my cell phone does everything i need and when i have a computer i can't sleep because I'll stumble all night, lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #126
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
You have to have the right mindset. As cliche as it sounds, the right mind is literally everything. You can have all the strength in the world, and a poor mindset and get nothing out of your workouts.

Recently, after officially swearing into the military and getting ready for basic and beyond, my workouts have improved SIGNIFICANTLY. When I'm in the gym I don't give a fvck about who is around me staring at me, what weight anyone else is putting up, what I did before the gym or what I will do after the gym, all I do is tunnel vision on what I'm doing and move weight. You just have to convince yourself that you're an animal and going to crush it in whatever you ask your body to do. When you have that mindset you will see results, feel better, look better, and be overall more healthy. Then you apply those principles to your life outside the gym and watch everything fall into place.

I read a quote on here a while back in this thread that I loved, it read "When I am not training, my enemy is."
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #127
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
I feel the same way. I think to myself that when I'm not training, my enemy is. Getting bigger stronger faster, thick solid tight. It helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
I read a quote on here a while back in this thread that I loved, it read "When I am not training, my enemy is."
Glad you liked it
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #128
DylloS

Quote:
You have to have the right mindset. As cliche as it sounds, the right mind is literally everything. You can have all the strength in the world, and a poor mindset and get nothing out of your workouts.

Recently, after officially swearing into the military and getting ready for basic and beyond, my workouts have improved SIGNIFICANTLY. When I'm in the gym I don't give a fvck about who is around me staring at me, what weight anyone else is putting up, what I did before the gym or what I will do after the gym, all I do is tunnel vision on what I'm doing and move weight. You just have to convince yourself that you're an animal and going to crush it in whatever you ask your body to do. When you have that mindset you will see results, feel better, look better, and be overall more healthy. Then you apply those principles to your life outside the gym and watch everything fall into place.

I like that
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #129
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
"When I am not training, my enemy is."
"When I am not sleeping 8 hours, my enemy is."

Sounds legit
Old 01-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #130
dabears

could switch out enemy for buddy too, I'm competitive with a couple friends who are dedicated, and when I'm missing the gym or not eating big they are gaining on me
Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #131
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
could switch out enemy for buddy too, I'm competitive with a couple friends who are dedicated, and when I'm missing the gym or not eating big they are gaining on me
I wish I had some dedicated friends man. I have a few workout buddies but they honestly don't give a sh1t. You guys are the closest things I have. #emo
Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #132
dabears

Quote:
I wish I had some dedicated friends man. I have a few workout buddies but they honestly don't give a sh1t. You guys are the closest things I have. #emo
Thats the thing, we all have different schedules and can't workout with eachother... so I'm all alone too But I know I'll hear it the next time I see them, which is somewhat motivating at least.

I really miss having a spot there the entire time, I always get a rep or two extra with the mental aspect of a "safety" net.

And I also benchmark myself here to, I don't want everyone else having amazing progress and I've done nothing lol would be worst feeling
Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #133
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
I wish we lived closer. I'd have a membership at your strength and conditioning gym and be a full timer. You've motivated me a lot by that page / workouts etc.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #134
DylloS

Quote:
I wish we lived closer. I'd have a membership at your strength and conditioning gym and be a full timer. You've motivated me a lot by that page / workouts etc.
I like to hear that man. Although I have no formal certifications I can't believe people don't come here for free. I've had probably 20 or so different people come by but many people come once or twice and are done lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #135
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Same. I've got one buddy thats pretty dedicated, but he's got different goals, and so our workouts differ most of the time. Still, it's nice to at least have a spotter when needed, or some motivation to show him up
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #136
kushy

solly I would get sweaty with you any day
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #137
DylloS

Quote:
solly I would get sweaty with you any day
It's really cold in my garage. I don't get too sweaty. See me in june.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #138
kushy

Quote:
It's really cold in my garage. I don't get too sweaty. See me in june.
why would we be in the garage?

(no hetero)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #139
DylloS

Quote:
why would we be in the garage?

(no hetero)
Do you like memory foam?