E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
ImSoFreaknWhite's Build Thread

This is going to be a interesting build thread, because a lot of the stuff is already on the car. I will take pics in the order that they were put on so you guys can still see and notice the progress. I am currently waiting for coil-overs and a rear lip spoiler, which i will update as soon as I receive them. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy....

So I have always loved BMW's and have always had them in the family. My first car was a 2002 525i which I did some mods to, and fell in love with it and just BMW's in general. From there I fell in love with M3's and the e46 body style, so in April of 2011 I purchased a 2006 Jet Black M3 VERT, after selling the 525i. I'm not too good at stick so decided to go with the SMG and have never looked back. The car had 32,xxx miles and was beautiful inside and out. (don't ask how much I paid, as I assure you it was too much) Ok with that out of the way here are some pictures.

Unfortunately this is the only picture of the 5 series that I can find that i'm not in haha. I realize the rims were a bad choice and seem a little ghetto for a BMW

And here's the ///M the day I brought her home...

The first mod I did was blacked out the side markers and the headlight corners, the clear corners were upsetting me..

Next came the Headlights, I got 6k Angel Eyes, Headlights, and fogs. (the headlights and fogs aren't pictured but I assure you they are 6k )

Around the same time as the headlights I ordered a CF rear diffuser and got it painted then installed.

Was low on money so decided to buy a few small things. I got CF roundels all over (including rims) and black M3 badge.

My mechanic is friends with the guy who created Status Gruppe Exhaust so he got me a pretty good deal on the rear section. (sounds good, not too loud or quiet, and with little drone on the highway)

Got tired of the lack of tint I had in the front, so I decided to go 35% all around and 5% in the rear. Happy with my decision.

Last thing, is the front lip spoiler. One of my favorite things I've done thus far.

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
ImSoFreaknWhite

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Please feel free to leave comments, opinions, and ideas of what mods I should do next. Please keep in mind I realize it needs to be lowered I have coilovers on the way...
Thanks

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
Old 06-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
the first mod you shoulda done was asked CarFax why there is paintwork all over your driver's side front fender. Ever heard of orange peel??? nice car otherwise

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more

Last edited by RidinBimmerz; 06-05-2012 at 06:26 PM.
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
the first mod you shoulda done was asked CarFax why there is paintwork all over your driver's side front fender. Ever heard of orange peel??? nice car otherwise
What exactly are you talking about?

My Build Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
m kube

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
What exactly are you talking about?
Don't mind this guy..

Love what you've done with the build!!

05 VF570 Interlagos Blue ZCP M3
-Tyler
m kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
nice! now hit that black with a really nice detail!

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET28/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
ImSoFreaknWhite

^ alright? and thanks

My Build Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
Studdly_Studright

My Ride: 135i
Wow love it! any shots of the whole car?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
nice! now hit that black with a really nice detail!
I know I need to, some time over summer forsure

My Build Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #10
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
I could be wrong, and I HOPE I am because I like your car, but look at the orange peel effect on your driver's side front fender that does NOT match up to your driver's side door. I don't mean to sound rude, just want to point it out to you.

John

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdly_Studright View Post
Wow love it! any shots of the whole car?
I am waiting until I get the coils installed later this week, at that point the exterior should be complete.

My Build Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
I could be wrong, and I HOPE I am because I like your car, but look at the orange peel effect on your driver's side front fender that does NOT match up to your driver's side door. I don't mean to sound rude, just want to point it out to you.

John
Ill have to go out and look at it, and no its fine, Im glad your pointing it out

My Build Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #13
Evo MR

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe
Where did you get the lip and how is the fitment?
Evo MR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
6spd330i

My Ride: imola 330i salOOn
Quote:

John
ON A TEN YR OLD CAR...... WHO CARES IF ITS HAD PAINT WORK.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo MR View Post
Where did you get the lip and how is the fitment?
Im not sure the brand, the shop I go to had it lying around so I bought it. The fitment is perfect, its held on by two big strips of tape, and then 4 screws.

My Build Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
Drew@Swift Motorworks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Scooty Puff Jr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
Im not sure the brand, the shop I go to had it lying around so I bought it. The fitment is perfect, its held on by two big strips of tape, and then 4 screws.
Its most likely an Iconz Wheels lip. They're a sponsor over on m3forum.

Nice car. As people pointed out it does look like theres some orange peel on that fender. A good detailer should be able to take care of it
Drew@Swift Motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdown View Post
Its most likely an Iconz Wheels lip. They're a sponsor over on m3forum.

Nice car. As people pointed out it does look like theres some orange peel on that fender. A good detailer should be able to take care of it
Tomorrow ill take a picture of the drivers side fender so you guys can point out what exactly your talking about.

My Build Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
I see what everyone is talking about regarding the orange peel, but I think it might just be the angle of the photo. I think the paint still reflects it's surroundings too well to be orange peel. Try taking a photo from the opposite angle, with the door closest and the fender furtherest away, while focusing on the same point and post that. Then we can see if it's orange peel or not, because I do so a very, very slight difference between the door and fender, but I have a feeling it's just the angle.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
Bilstein | Kosei K1 Racing | Toyo Proxes R888 | BMW CCA #430881

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
Yayo330

My Ride: AW330ci
Looks good man, loving the diffuser. Can't wait to see it in person.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #20
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Looks good, that lip is awesome!