E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #21
BartM3POWER

My Ride: 2004 E46 M3
really like your lip what kind is it
BartM3POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #22
KaliVertBoy

My Ride: M3 Vert 6MT
Good job so far bro, that front lip with the OEM bumper is my favorite setup. Can't wait to see it after the drop
KaliVertBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #23
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
Great mods and clean car! Now its time for a drop
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #24
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
a lot of bmw's have orange peel there. its pretty common. doesnt necessarily mean its had paintwork
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #25
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
I see what everyone is talking about regarding the orange peel, but I think it might just be the angle of the photo. I think the paint still reflects it's surroundings too well to be orange peel. Try taking a photo from the opposite angle, with the door closest and the fender furtherest away, while focusing on the same point and post that. Then we can see if it's orange peel or not, because I do so a very, very slight difference between the door and fender, but I have a feeling it's just the angle.
Alright ill try to get the picture tomorrow

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #26
ImSoFreaknWhite

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayo330 View Post
Looks good man, loving the diffuser. Can't wait to see it in person.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Looks good, that lip is awesome!
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartM3POWER View Post
really like your lip what kind is it
Like I said im not sure, maybe somebody on here might know, sorry about that
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliVertBoy View Post
Good job so far bro, that front lip with the OEM bumper is my favorite setup. Can't wait to see it after the drop
Haha thanks I cant wait either lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
Great mods and clean car! Now its time for a drop
Thanks, and ya I cant wait..

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
Old 06-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
the first mod you shoulda done was asked CarFax why there is paintwork all over your driver's side front fender. Ever heard of orange peel??? nice car otherwise
Quote:
I see what everyone is talking about regarding the orange peel, but I think it might just be the angle of the photo. I think the paint still reflects it's surroundings too well to be orange peel. Try taking a photo from the opposite angle, with the door closest and the fender furtherest away, while focusing on the same point and post that. Then we can see if it's orange peel or not, because I do so a very, very slight difference between the door and fender, but I have a feeling it's just the angle.
Ok you guys, I went out and took these pictures today, this is the drivers side fender, do you still think it has the orange peel thing?

My Build Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
AMG-ETR
///AMG ETR

My Ride: S54B32 On Boost
Send a message via MSN to AMG-ETR
Looks great so far. Keep it up!

AMG-ETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A55A55IN View Post
Looks great so far. Keep it up!
Thanks bro, I love your car btw

My Build Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #30
Conzyo

My Ride: 2008 M3 6 spd
Lookin Good.

instagram conzm3
Conzyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #31
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
Ok you guys, I went out and took these pictures today, this is the drivers side fender, do you still think it has the orange peel thing?
Unfortunately I don't think I was clear enough in my initial instructions. You should snap a photo looking towards the front of the car from the same exact height, but about 2 feet further back towards the rear of the car, focusing on the same reflector.

What we are trying to do is compare the paint quality between the door and the fender, so we need to see both in the same photo, but this time from the opposite angle as the first photo, meaning the door is closer to you and the fender is further away, with the reflector in the center of the photo.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #32
JV805///M

My Ride: 2005 M3 ZCP
Send a message via AIM to JV805///M
suspension. do it.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #33
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Quote:
Unfortunately I don't think I was clear enough in my initial instructions. You should snap a photo looking towards the front of the car from the same exact height, but about 2 feet further back towards the rear of the car, focusing on the same reflector.

What we are trying to do is compare the paint quality between the door and the fender, so we need to see both in the same photo, but this time from the opposite angle as the first photo, meaning the door is closer to you and the fender is further away, with the reflector in the center of the photo.
exactly. It's a reflection we are looking for. You can also use our fingers and run them along the inside of the gap between the fender and the door. You may be able to feel a paint line from the painters' tape if this is the case.

And to the guy who asked "who cares if it's had paint work, blah blah" . . . I do. And I do because it could mean there was structural damage to the vehicle. Doubtful, but you gotta be careful with these types of things

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #34
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
This also looks unusual. left side.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
Yup, I see it in this photo as well. Again, it could just be the angle. This photo has a similar angle as the initial orange peel suspect photo of the fender and door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
exactly. It's a reflection we are looking for. You can also use our fingers and run them along the inside of the gap between the fender and the door. You may be able to feel a paint line from the painters' tape if this is the case.

And to the guy who asked "who cares if it's had paint work, blah blah" . . . I do. And I do because it could mean there was structural damage to the vehicle. Doubtful, but you gotta be careful with these types of things
Yup, you nailed it. We are looking for the reflection.

And again, structural damage is exactly what comes to mind when I see orange peel, and thus it is always worth investigation.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #36
Hey-G

My Ride: E46's
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
Not gonna lie, I noticed that too.

But other than that, nice ride. I'd suggest getting Silvervision bulbs to get rid of the egg yolk effect.

-=It's all about style=-
Hey-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #37
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:

Fvck it just PM me your address and ill bring the car to you lol

My Build Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #38
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzyo View Post
Lookin Good.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV805///M View Post
suspension. do it.
I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey-G View Post
Not gonna lie, I noticed that too.

But other than that, nice ride. I'd suggest getting Silvervision bulbs to get rid of the egg yolk effect.
I was just looking at that today, haha ill look into the bulbs thanks

My Build Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #39
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
I can't believe I missed this. Haha now I have to make a build thread!!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #40
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
I can't believe I missed this. Haha now I have to make a build thread!!!!

My Build Thread