E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #41
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
Fvck it just PM me your address and ill bring the car to you lol
PM'd.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #42
woopaul5

My Ride: 2005 M3
Send a message via AIM to woopaul5
I see what you mean by the orange peel. It does look a little different but then again orange peel is really common and bad on black BMW's. OP find a shop that does color sanding and buffing. It's expensive and takes time but it makes a difference.
woopaul5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #43
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
All BMW's have orange peel. Especially the e9x models. When my dad got his e93 M3 he had it color sanded because the orange peel was disgusting. It's the same on my girlfriends 335 and my old 328 had it pretty bad too.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #44
woopaul5

My Ride: 2005 M3
Send a message via AIM to woopaul5
All cars have orange peel in some shape or form. Well with the exception of exotics. From the shop I got my car color sanded at they claim that BMW's have the worst.
woopaul5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #45
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by woopaul5 View Post
All cars have orange peel in some shape or form. Well with the exception of exotics. From the shop I got my car color sanded at they claim that BMW's have the worst.
Real smart considering Ferrari's are known to have the worst paintjobs of any production car out there. And I am sure the shop that you paid to correct your car's paint told you that... how much did you pay them again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
All BMW's have orange peel. Especially the e9x models. When my dad got his e93 M3 he had it color sanded because the orange peel was disgusting. It's the same on my girlfriends 335 and my old 328 had it pretty bad too.
Neither of my BMW's have that type of uneven orange peel, anywhere.

OP - we love your car, we just want to make sure it hasn't been in an accident. That is all.

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #46
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
Brand new cars have some gnarly orange peel. I think it's from the solvents they have to use recently in europe to be environmentally friendly. I had body work done to my car before and there wasnt much orange peel on the re-paint. It all depends.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #47
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
OK so I finally received the coil overs from D2 and got into the shop to get them installed. I'm lower than I was but im still not happy with it yet. Im going to wait about a week for them to settle in and see where im at from there. Hopefully go a little lower and then get an alignment. I can post pictures right now if you guys want or I can wait until the stance is perfect for me. Its up to you guys! please let me know...

The Goodies (after waiting almost a month):

Got her onto the lift and the rims off:

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #48
illestminimike

Pics now!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #49
ImSoFreaknWhite

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Pics now!
Alright cutie
Here are some quick pictures, I am going lower I just wanted to see how the ride quality was going to be before I went lower. I don't want to be slammed just LOW.
Also my front wheels have terrible camber and I will straighten that out after my alignment.

I tried the key thing and it almost was able to stand up on its own! My goal height is for it to stand on its own.

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
Old 06-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #50
ImSoFreaknWhite

Please let me know what you guys think! Ohh and I ordered this trunk lip from ebay and it arrived. If any of you vert owners are looking for a lip spoiler, PM me and ill send you the link. Its 18$ and they paint it!! and the fitment is really good as well.

My Build Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #51
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
Ever heard of orange peel??? nice car otherwise
ALL BMW paint is like this dude... My girl's E92 has orange peel all over it. That's just how it is mainly on BLACK cars

I'll try to post a picture up here of mine when i get off work at 2:30, and I bet it has the same finish as his m3

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 06-15-2012 at 12:01 PM.
boostedisbetter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #52
KaliVertBoy

My Ride: M3 Vert 6MT
Keep us updated on how those d2's perform. I heard mixed reviews but I want to hear from another vert owner. Car looks great man.
KaliVertBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #53
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliVertBoy View Post
Keep us updated on how those d2's perform. I heard mixed reviews but I want to hear from another vert owner. Car looks great man.
Will do bro. So far so good the ride quality and steering is amazing! and thanks I appreciate the complement.

My Build Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #54
illestminimike

Well I think I'm going to order that trunk spoiler now. Can't wait too see you car lower.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #55
Trigo

My Ride: .
car looks slammed bro, the rear spoiler is sick though
Trigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #56
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Well I think I'm going to order that trunk spoiler now. Can't wait too see you car lower.
Do it!! it looks great on the car.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-BMW-...ht_2320wt_1392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
car looks slammed bro, the rear spoiler is sick though
BH? what are you doing here? and thanks you should come see it in person!

My Build Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #57
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Have you had it aligned yet?

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #58
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Have you had it aligned yet?
Nope probably sometime next week

My Build Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #59
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
Nope probably sometime next week
Consider getting a Lifetime Alignment from Firestone. Use either the downtown location or the Fashion Valley location.

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #60
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
This.. i remeber talking to an old head that used to do body work back in the day and he was so adamant he'd never buy a BMW no matter how nie they are because they have so much orange peel, saying he saw it on brand spanking new cars at the dealer.

The whole thing came up when he saw mine and asked me if its been re-sprayed. Then when i said no and asked why, he explained it to me.

So i dunno why people are trippin. Some BMWs have it bad, some not so much
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote