E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #121
M3 fan

My Ride: 2003 m3 vert 6-m
That's 1 bad ///M. Looks great.
M3 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #122
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 fan View Post
That's 1 bad ///M. Looks great.

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #123
cyberlando

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post

Hahahha I know, I still to this day have absolutely no idea what they are talking about lol
and to this day me either lol
cyberlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #124
ImSoFreaknWhite

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlando View Post
and to this day me either lol
You have a massive signature haha

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #125
cyberlando

My Ride: 2002 M3
Had lol
cyberlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #126
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
I know I kinda regret not going about a 1/2 inch lower in the front. Its just that I don't want to pay for another alignment right after I just got one!

Yes they are, and powder coated black as well! And thanks for the compliments.

Hahahha I know, I still to this day have absolutely no idea what they are talking about lol
google image "orange peel paint" and you'll see. it's an imperfection that happens when post paint work is not completed. typically from a re spray where the painter is not a perfectionist.
in a couple of your photos it looks like you have it (drivers fender and rear bumper) which leads to the possibility of a re spray which could mean damage at some point.

no one's saying your car sucks or anything. we're just trying to look out for you. it's really hard to tell when not in person.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #127
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
google image "orange peel paint" and you'll see. it's an imperfection that happens when post paint work is not completed. typically from a re spray where the painter is not a perfectionist.
in a couple of your photos it looks like you have it (drivers fender and rear bumper) which leads to the possibility of a re spray which could mean damage at some point.

no one's saying your car sucks or anything. we're just trying to look out for you. it's really hard to tell when not in person.
I actually had a friend of mine point it out to me, and he explained what it was. You guys were absolutely right! I have it and its pretty bad! so since there's orange peel does that for sure mean that it was repainted at some point? Or could it just be the stock pant?

My Build Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #128
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
I actually had a friend of mine point it out to me, and he explained what it was. You guys were absolutely right! I have it and its pretty bad! so since there's orange peel does that for sure mean that it was repainted at some point? Or could it just be the stock pant?
It's possible that it's the stock paint, however if it's not consistent with the rest of the car it's more than likely been repainted.
So if your hood looks smooth and your bumper is all crazy it's more than likely repainted.
The good news is its definitely fixable. Contact a good detailer and they'll let you know what's up.
Bad news is if you have repainted panels, there was some damage at some point. Run a carfax or something.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #129
MusclesGlasses

My Ride: 1998 M3 Sedan
It's real easy to tell if you've had paintwork. As someone stated earlier simply run you're fingers along the edges of the fender or and body panel for that matter; No paint work will feel buttery smooth just like the outside surface of the fender, if it's had paintwork it will feel slightly rough kind of like a fine sandpaper.

Funny thing is on my old black e46 I had the front end resprayed because of rock chips, bugs eating away the paint, ect. and afterwards there was less orange peel than the factory paint on the rest of the car.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #130
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Did you get your spacers yet brah? Oh and what happened with the stealth bulbs?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #131
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Did you get your spacers yet brah? Oh and what happened with the stealth bulbs?
Not yet they are getting installed for sure on Monday afternoon! and I ordered the bulbs and actually got to meet with the guy and pick them up locally. The owner of khoalty is really nice.

My Build Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #132
illestminimike

Oh nice. Dude autocon was sick but so fvcking hot. 102 degrees. I left after 30 minutes. Infamous will be way better.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #133
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Oh nice. Dude autocon was sick but so fvcking hot. 102 degrees. I left after 30 minutes. Infamous will be way better.
damn that's insane! when is infamous?

My Build Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #134
illestminimike

August 11th
Old 07-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #135
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
August 11th
Do you have to pay to get your car in, or spectate?

My Build Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #136
ImSoFreaknWhite

Ohh and nice sig btw, i've never seen that picture before

My Build Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #137
illestminimike

It's 35 bucks for a car and 10 Dollars to get in. Haha yeah nobody has seen this pic. Especially gabe.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #138
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
It's 35 bucks for a car and 10 Dollars to get in. Haha yeah nobody has seen this pic. Especially gabe.
thats expensive! your paying 35 for the mini to get in right?

My Build Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #139
illestminimike

Yeah just the mini
Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #140
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Yeah just the mini
wow alright ill be there!

My Build Thread