E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
samson

My Ride: 05' 330i
Send a message via AIM to samson
I recently placed and cancelled an order through ECStuning, and their customer service guy was uber helpful.. would use them again.
samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #22
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
i think their prices are ok. some of their products are cheaper, but then they get you with the high shipping costs, so it comes out the same or costs even more. but their customer service has been superb for me thus far.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
liquiddawn

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Thanks for the tip Mango!!!! Like many others, I'm constantly looking for pics(as well as prices) for many parts. Especially before I order them. You're right too, ECS' prices are definitely getting more competitive. I recently placed an order with them and I have no complaints. Everything came quickly, was packaged well and was exactly what I had ordered.
liquiddawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #24
josephi

My Ride: '02 330i
ECS Tuning has a great site and some of the lowest prices on the net, but they don't offer USPS shipping. If they did, they would be hard to beat. As it is, I usually shop at Pelican Parts because, though their prices are a little higher, when I factor in their lower shipping costs via USPS, my total cost comes in lower, and I usually get my package within about three days.
josephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #25
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I'll give you guys an example.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0L/ES18130/

vs.

http://www.rmeuropean.com/Part-Numbe..._E095124A.aspx

And we both know how RMEuropean has had an awesome reputation for being a low price leader. Look at how much ECS undercut them by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I have ordered plenty from ECS in the past, and agree their site has great photos as stated, you can't beat Mike @ the bmwpartstore when it comes to pricing and customer service....

http://www.thebmwpartstore.com/index.php?i=2&type=parts&partnum=accept

A quick search on the above will help make the point..

Same part ECS has above but over $15 cheaper than ECS... Oh did I mention their shipping is FREE??? Or super saver express for $2....

Yeah, if I want pictures, I'll google it. If I want awesome prices, I'm sticking with Mike..... Just say'n...

Last edited by ccagle; 06-07-2012 at 07:18 AM.
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #26
BMWBMX'er

My Ride: '00 323i
A Mango top tip? Aaaaaaand on that bombshell.... Love that Top Gear!

Last edited by BMWBMX'er; 06-07-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
BMWBMX'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #27
rfought

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
i think their prices are ok. some of their products are cheaper, but then they get you with the high shipping costs, so it comes out the same or costs even more. but their customer service has been superb for me thus far.
My BMW dealer will price match ECS's prices and i get free shipping cause its already at the dealer! ....WINNING....
rfought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #28
raptorman5174

My Ride: 330i ZHP
I am a huge fan of ECS tuning I purchase the majority of my parts from that company.

18 VMR CSL's
Koni FSD's
Eibach Sport Spring's
UUC Power Pullies
Sprint Booster
CCV Delete
raptorman5174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
dude dog

My Ride: BMW
Almost every time I have ordered from ECS, I have had too cancel my order because they would say in stock but 3 or 4 days later my item still had not shipped. I really like their site and they seem to have good customer service but when your car is broken and you are expecting to be able to get to work on your own in a few days and then that. Its a pisser.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #30
Custom3

My Ride: HellRot 330CI
I have spent thousands of dollars on ECS site. I love the way the site is design. Their photos are amazing and that really help with decision making. What I like is how many different options they have for certain parts. Lots of non oem parts if your on a budget which I usually am :) Even if some parts are a little higher then other sites I still get from there because I know they will send me the part quick and correct.

Now if they only had discount codes once in a while :/

Last edited by Custom3; 06-07-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Custom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
ECSTuning has pretty awesome pictures, I'll agree. And their website makes everything pretty easy to find.
Their prices, sometimes vary. I've seen fantastic prices on their website, as well as "oh hmm..I can find this for a lot cheaper elsewhere".

ECST also has some pretty awesome stickers. Decorate my car with that sheet.
Nah, gonna put a bunch on my mini-fridge when I get one though.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #32
oml67

My Ride: 318i, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccagle View Post
While I have ordered plenty from ECS in the past, and agree their site has great photos as stated, you can't beat Mike @ the bmwpartstore when it comes to pricing and customer service....

http://www.thebmwpartstore.com/index...partnum=accept

A quick search on the above will help make the point..

Same part ECS has above but over $15 cheaper than ECS... Oh did I mention their shipping is FREE??? Or super saver express for $2....

Yeah, if I want pictures, I'll google it. If I want awesome prices, I'm sticking with Mike..... Just say'n...
Mike is excellent. Get my OE parts from him every time!
oml67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
Stickbuilder

My Ride: Touring, and others
I ordered a $0.96 o ring from ECS. They charged me over 10 bucks to ship it to Nashville from Ohio (one state in between) and it took over a week to get the part. Yeah, they said it was in stock but then why a 5 day wait to ship it? Why not drop the turd in an envelope and slap a stamp on it? Never again.

English
Sarcasm
Profanity

Last edited by Stickbuilder; 06-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Stickbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #34
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbuilder View Post
I ordered a $0.96 o ring from ECS. They charged me over 10 bucks to ship it to Nashville from Ohio (one state in between) and it took over a week to get the part. Why not drop the turd in an envelope and slap a stamp on it? Never again.
Local dealer? Didn't ECS spell out the shipping costs before you hit the 'buy' button?

I like how a lot of you guys are talking about ECS's prices. This isn't about that. It's about an efficient way to search and acknowledging their hard work they put into the catalog. Leave the prices discussion for another thread

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #35
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
RealOEM has actually been adding pictures lately, and they're fairly high-res. Of course ECSTuning has great pictures and I often go there to look at parts. Their prices are pretty good and I do intend to buy some more stuff from them after the great customer service I had.

What often kills the deal for me is shipping. This isn't unique to ECS so I don't mean to badmouth them, but often times I could get some parts cheaper from other sources when shipping is taken into account. Still - particularly for OEM (non-BMW branded) components, ECS is great IMO
+1. It's a good site.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #36
ccagle

My Ride: 02' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Local dealer? Didn't ECS spell out the shipping costs before you hit the 'buy' button?

I like how a lot of you guys are talking about ECS's prices. This isn't about that. It's about an efficient way to search and acknowledging their hard work they put into the catalog. Leave the prices discussion for another thread
Actually, I gave them credit for their site and the photos. However, you mentioned their "great" pricing in your comparison you posted, part vs part..

I just pointed out their pricing isn't anywhere near the best out there. This is coming from someone, who again acknowledged above, I've ordered plenty from there.

So my response regarding their prices was in response to your post regarding them. Shipping was a whole other issue which I didn't discuss their "call the cops cuz you just got robbed" shipping prices.

But I get your point, this discussion was intended to discuss their website in general. Which is very user friendly and very detailed.

Last edited by ccagle; 06-07-2012 at 05:57 PM.
ccagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #37
oml67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbuilder View Post
I ordered a $0.96 o ring from ECS. They charged me over 10 bucks to ship it to Nashville from Ohio (one state in between) and it took over a week to get the part. Yeah, they said it was in stock but then why a 5 day wait to ship it? Why not drop the turd in an envelope and slap a stamp on it? Never again.
This is a joke right? Reminds me of the guy who insisted on buying his mushrooms one by one so they got rounded down to zero and were technically free!

You agreed to buy it. Don't ***** about what you agreed to - that's my marriage you're talking about!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #38
oml67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccagle View Post
Actually, I gave them credit for their site and the photos. However, you mentioned their "great" pricing in your comparison you posted, part vs part..

I just pointed out their pricing isn't anywhere near the best out there. This is coming from someone, who again acknowledged above, I've ordered plenty from there.

So my response regarding their prices was in response to your post regarding them. Shipping was a whole other issue which I didn't discuss their "call the cops cuz you just got robbed" shipping prices.

But I get your point, this discussion was intended to discuss their website in general. Which is very user friendly and very detailed.
Mango - I think he got you, you did mention price as well as functionality?
Old 06-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
I just dont like when I want a a seal or gasket for 3 bu m's shipping is flat rate at 10 bucks and they really lag on shipping
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #40
oml67

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
I just dont like when I want a a seal or gasket for 3 bu m's shipping is flat rate at 10 bucks and they really lag on shipping
no-one does? So don't buy from them? if there is no choice then its a $10 seal not a $1 seal?

Lag is crap though, as you stay a stamp would be quicker, probably delay in getting it shipped not actual shipping.

Still when Humans are involved, there is variability. That's life!