E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Mallee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 400
My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Bent a taxi.. scuffed my paint..

A taxi came out of a side street (though stopped traffic) and unable to stop in the wet I t-boned him..

20cm more space and we might not have hit..

I seem to have lost my fog light surround, the air intake vent is as loose as all hell, and the paint on my bumper has a new green tint to it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw scuffing.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	473879  
Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,897
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
that will buff out
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Mallee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 400
My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
That's exactly what the Taxi driver said..

I'm going to get a second opinion from Charlie Battisti, honestly though, with the age of my paint and my use of this car as a DD, if they repaint it could wind up looking weird.

Guess we'll see.
Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
CortinaD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,099
My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallee View Post
That's exactly what the Taxi driver said..

I'm going to get a second opinion from Charlie Battisti, honestly though, with the age of my paint and my use of this car as a DD, if they repaint it could wind up looking weird.

Guess we'll see.
Still make a police report.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
KOpower
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 500
My Ride: 325ci
Sorry to hear - but cld be worse!
__________________

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Mallee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 400
My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
Still make a police report.
I've spoken to my insurance company, I've avoided the police report. I'm not sure I can think of a good reason to involve them at this point.
Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
fgin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,657
My Ride: e46 facelift
Sorry to hear/see that. It might buff out but if it was a hard hit you might have cracked the carbon fibre bumper reinforcement bar so better take off the bumper and check.
I have a pair of OEM M3 fog light surrounds. It's yours if you want to pick up.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #8
Nath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 949
My Ride: MY13 Maloo
Police report is the only thing standing behind the hearsay argument. I'm glad I did it as the person that banged my door and admitted fault at the scene then retracted their statement when my insurance billed them..
__________________
600hp Blown Maloo
Nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #9
Mallee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 400
My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Yeah, Thanks for the offer, I'm insured so it's all going to be sorted out, and as it's not my fault there is no excess.

Will wait to see what Battisti's say.
Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #10
Mitch E46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Posts: 1,957
My Ride: M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallee View Post
Yeah, Thanks for the offer, I'm insured so it's all going to be sorted out, and as it's not my fault there is no excess.

Will wait to see what Battisti's say.
Your insurance will want a Police report reference number.
__________________


Last edited by Mitch E46; 10-15-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Mitch E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #11
CortinaD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,099
My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallee View Post
I've spoken to my insurance company, I've avoided the police report. I'm not sure I can think of a good reason to involve them at this point.
You would be stupid not too.

I was involved in a fender bender, other party at fault and apologised to me etc. I get a letter from his insurance alleging a completely different course of events based on his claim submission and they tried to go me.

Having your ducks beak to tail never goes astray, no matter how trust worthy they may seem.

Last edited by CortinaD; 10-15-2012 at 01:33 AM.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #12
trive2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,100
My Ride: 1989 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
You would be stupid not too.

I was involved in a fender bender, other party at fault and apologised to me etc. I get a letter from his insurance alleging a completely different course of events based on his claim submission and they tried to go me.

Having your ducks beak to tail never goes astray, no matter how trust worthy they may seem.
Amen.
__________________
trive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,897
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallee View Post
Yeah, Thanks for the offer, I'm insured so it's all going to be sorted out, and as it's not my fault there is no excess.

Will wait to see what Battisti's say.
you'll get your car back in 6 months
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
rossim3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kurringal Flats
Posts: 442
My Ride: myki
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
you'll get your car back in 6 months
Why you say that? Does Battisti's take longer then BMW Bodyshop Port Melb?? (bunch of useless c***s!)
__________________
What's 50 grand to a ma'fkr like me? Can you please remind me.
rossim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #15
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,897
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossim3 View Post
Why you say that? Does Battisti's take longer then BMW Bodyshop Port Melb?? (bunch of useless c***s!)
nah.. more of an exaggeration for effect lol

i have heard stories of Charlie taking crazy long time to paint and screw in panels though
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
rossim3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kurringal Flats
Posts: 442
My Ride: myki
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
nah.. more of an exaggeration for effect lol

i have heard stories of Charlie taking crazy long time to paint and screw in panels though
Still better then a company (BMW Bodyshop) thinking its acceptable to actually say to their customer "The computer says your part has arrived in the country last week, but we arent sure where it is so we havent started the repairs..."
__________________
What's 50 grand to a ma'fkr like me? Can you please remind me.
rossim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,897
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossim3 View Post
Still better then a company (BMW Bodyshop) thinking its acceptable to actually say to their customer "The computer says your part has arrived in the country last week, but we arent sure where it is so we havent started the repairs..."


Easier just to bin the car these days.

Stat writeoff .. payout. new car..All done before the parts guy can type in the part number of an E92 M3 bonnet
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?

Last edited by YGOAMG; 10-15-2012 at 09:52 PM.
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #18
rossim3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kurringal Flats
Posts: 442
My Ride: myki
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post


Easier just to bin the car these days.

Stat writeoff .. payout. new car..All done before the parts guy can type in the part number of an E92 M3 bonnet
Exactly right! If you're about to crash, have full comp insurance and not under the influence of drugs then make sure you do it right by following these 2 simple rules.

Rule 1: If you are about to crash into someone/something make sure you do it hard and dont bother trying to hit the brakes. Its not worth the pain and suffering you will have to endure to wait for the car to be repaired if the damage isnt enough to be a write off.

Pressure applied to brakes is proportional to the amount of time you will wait for the car to be back on the road.
0 brakes = 0 wait time.



Rule 2: If someone crashes into you and it isnt enough to write the car off, continue driving your slightly damaged car in a full circle and follow Rule 1!


this is the only way to guarantee that your life will never be dictated by high school dropouts who thought it would be cool to open a 'panel beater shop'
__________________
What's 50 grand to a ma'fkr like me? Can you please remind me.

Last edited by rossim3; 10-15-2012 at 10:17 PM.
rossim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
CortinaD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,099
My Ride: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossim3 View Post
Exactly right! If you're about to crash, have full comp insurance and not under the influence of drugs then make sure you do it right by following these 2 simple rules.

Rule 1: If you are about to crash into someone/something make sure you do it hard and dont bother trying to hit the brakes. Its not worth the pain and suffering you will have to endure to wait for the car to be repaired if the damage isnt enough to be a write off.

Pressure applied to brakes is proportional to the amount of time you will wait for the car to be back on the road.
0 brakes = 0 wait time.



Rule 2: If someone crashes into you and it isnt enough to write the car off, continue driving your slightly damaged car in a full circle and follow Rule 1!


this is the only way to guarantee that your life will never be dictated by high school dropouts who thought it would be cool to open a 'panel beater shop'
Witness accounts would have you in jail if you didn't make an effort.

I can see the headlines now

....He didn't even attempt to brake, its no wonder the occupants were killed.
CortinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #20
rossim3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kurringal Flats
Posts: 442
My Ride: myki
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortinaD View Post
Witness accounts would have you in jail if you didn't make an effort.

I can see the headlines now

....He didn't even attempt to brake, its no wonder the occupants were killed.
Are you a cop or something? FTP!
__________________
What's 50 grand to a ma'fkr like me? Can you please remind me.
rossim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use