E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #281
jared_wiesner

My Ride: 1999 328i
Alright, I'd just been checking the thread when I saw a post in it to see if it was the dyno graphs. I was in no rush. I was only responding to that one post. I clearly didn't know the agreement you had with BimmerBrakes. So, with that, I'm sorry for the little tirade.

Check out my band - The Marked

1999 BMW 328i (Daily Driver) - m54b30 intake manifold, ebay headers, Rebirth Motorsports CAI, Rogue Engineering underive pulleys, Epic Motorsports Remote Dyno Tune, Custom 3 inch exhaust with Burns Merge, Schrick 264/248 Cams
1967 Buick Skylark - 430 Buick Big Block Swap.

Last edited by jared_wiesner; 11-27-2012 at 03:07 PM.
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #282
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Bimmerbrakes has always been legit IMO

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #283
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
I'm going to say it again - all sides need to shut up. From this point forward, please don't respond or bump this thread unless there is something productive being said or asked. Discussions like this one do nothing to further the community, and only serve to make us all look bad, not to mention create rift between members. I don't need to tell you how terrible it would be for the forum if people like xixixi or jared wiesner no longer provided their knowledge and experience on the forum, it would be a huge loss for all of us.

So just call a truce - xixixi, I understand your perspective and I absolutely applaud your stance as a consumer protector/ watchdog for the forum, but can't keep badgering the messenger. And I think we both can agree having more options as far as quality headers go (not just in fitment, but customer service) goes a long way. Udubbadger, I think you can understand why people are on edge. They are saving money, or holding back on purchases in anticipation of this product. They feel slighted that you’ve been dismissive (be it intentionally or not) of the situation. Here is a personal request from me asking you find a little more time to put pressure on the shop to retrieve that data of us. I know quite a few of us, myself included, would really appreciate it.

Fair?
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #284
UdubBadger

My Ride: 04 IR/IR 6MT M3
That's fair. I don't want anyone to think I don't WANT the data or don't care if I get it. Of course I do... but the only way for anyone to judge my "effort" is with results. So if it takes me another 3 weeks to get it from them people will be instantly assuming I didn't put forth enough effort... even though I might have sent emails, made calls and done everything I could short of taking a day off of work to visit the shop over an hour away. I have always tried to do my best to finish this up and still am, that hasn't changed but if people want to attack my efforts without knowing the full story behind everything then it's just a recipe for this kind of thing to repeat itself over and over.

3 pedals
UdubBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #285
cak323i

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I'm going to say it again - all sides need to shut up. From this point forward, please don't respond or bump this thread unless there is something productive being said or asked. Discussions like this one do nothing to further the community, and only serve to make us all look bad, not to mention create rift between members. I don't need to tell you how terrible it would be for the forum if people like xixixi or jared wiesner no longer provided their knowledge and experience on the forum, it would be a huge loss for all of us.

So just call a truce - xixixi, I understand your perspective and I absolutely applaud your stance as a consumer protector/ watchdog for the forum, but can't keep badgering the messenger. And I think we both can agree having more options as far as quality headers go (not just in fitment, but customer service) goes a long way. Udubbadger, I think you can understand why people are on edge. They are saving money, or holding back on purchases in anticipation of this product. They feel slighted that you’ve been dismissive (be it intentionally or not) of the situation. Here is a personal request from me asking you find a little more time to put pressure on the shop to retrieve that data of us. I know quite a few of us, myself included, would really appreciate it.

Fair?
First I applaud you for taking the effort to diffuse all the craziness that has developed throughout this thread. You presented several solid points and it would be beneficial for everyone on this forum to take note and try to avoid this type of craziness from happening.

It is worth noting that nothing good happens as a result of the behavior that I have seen here in this thread and if it continues will only stop others in the future from trying to do a good thing for everyone.

After reading the first few posts I too am interested in seeing what the outcome for these headers are and I'm sure Seth will get on this as best as he can...
2004 TiAg ///M l BC Racing BR Coilovers l Navigation | BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | OEM black interior retrofit | Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #286
danewilson77

My Ride: 2004 zhp
So...what were the results?

It's good to see the thread back on track. Looking forward to the accurate results.

Seth....I appreciate the time you've taken so far, to lend some data to the community. I know you'll come through as your schedule permits.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #287
jamex

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
dyno results!

jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #288
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
I understand where your coming from, I was lied to. You can all see what I was promised and what I received. Facts are facts and ebays are just as good. The fact that you guys can't get a dyno sheet together after over a month is enough for most. You send me a set of headers, I'll take all the pics inside, outside, fitment around the motor mount. Then dyno it on 3 different tunes within a week with afrs logged. Why would you pick some idiots to do the work and testing if it wasn't to hide something? Or to later have a good fall guy. If I was marketing an awesome product with awesome results, I'd let the product and results do the talking. This is the same guy that said he would post up pictures of the headers he is selling now. 8 months ago in another thread, don't be a victim like me. Learn from my short comings. Furthermore, Anthony never made good on his word in the last thread I linked, how stupid would you be to believe this will be any different? Wake up people.
Lied too? I just took pics and that was all. I just said that is how it looked. The camera didn't take details pics like you took. I was nice about the situation and gave you a refund and shipped the item back. All this slandering and calling me a lair is/was uncalled for. If you like quality like the Original headers. I can provide that as well for $1000. It will be just a great as Original SS and Gen3 inside and out.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 11-28-2012 at 07:13 PM.
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #289
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post
Lied too? I just took pics and that was all. I just said that is how it looked. The camera didn't take details pics like you took. I was nice about the situation and gave you a refund and shipped the item back. All this slandering and calling me a lair is/was uncalled for. If you like quality like the Original headers. I can provide that as well for $1000. It will be just a great as Original SS and Gen3 inside and out.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

hey Anthony....can you make sure that the GEN3 headers is able to clear the engine drain plug. I and a few other members on here have reported that the GEN2 headers blocked the engine drain plug and this is one of the reason why the GEN3 headers was developed.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #290
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
hey Anthony....can you make sure that the GEN3 headers is able to clear the engine drain plug. I and a few other members on here have reported that the GEN2 headers blocked the engine drain plug and this is one of the reason why the GEN3 headers was developed.
I would let you in a little secret. Gen 3 has flaws as well. 1 post 02 hit the bell housing and 1 pre 02 is very close to the firewall. The drain plug clears the headers as I changed the oil in my car a week ago.

We have fix all these flaws and did some other customization to the headers.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 11-28-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #291
UdubBadger

I changed my oil this weekend, all was good - confirmed.

3 pedals
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #292
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

Here is the 3 Dyno that was done on a Mustang Dyno.

Weather - 48* Degrees with 50% Humidity @ 597 ft

Dyno 1 - Stock (Dyno before Header Install)
Dyno 2 - Gen 3 headers (1 week after Header Install and didn't reset Adaptation)
Dyno 3 - Gen 3 Headers & EuroCharged Custom Tune (1 week after Header Install and didn't reset Adaptation)

The AFR is off for some reason and suggested Seth to get new ones. It is about that time on his car.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 11-29-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #293
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
Nice gains, would of liked to see more from the headers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

IMAG02051

Last edited by darksideracer69; 11-29-2012 at 11:12 AM.
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #294
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
13whp on a Mustang Dyno is pretty good from just headers on a fairly stock car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
Nice gains, would of liked to see more from the headers.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #295
UdubBadger

I was also due for an oil change :/

If funds permit in the near future I'll be going for another dynoing with a new intake and fresh oil.

3 pedals
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #296
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Well it looks promising!

It also looks like a tune is a necessity with these headers.

I don't think it's fair to assume that Eurocharged's tune would have got the same power gain without the new headers, if that's what you're thinking darkside.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #297
UdubBadger

no the EC tune alone w/o headers isn't going to make that kind of power even with intake/exhaust and pullys.

3 pedals
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #298
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
Wait what?! Am I reading it wrong? Picked up what? 8 tq and 2hp from headers?

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #299
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Well it looks promising!

It also looks like a tune is a necessity with these headers.

I don't think it's fair to assume that Eurocharged's tune would have got the same power gain without the new headers, if that's what you're thinking darkside.
You'll need a tune no matter what headers you get.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #300
UdubBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
Wait what?! Am I reading it wrong? Picked up what? 8 tq and 2hp from headers?

The peak numbers listed are deceiving. You can see the odd blip at the end of the stock run. I think the peak difference is best shown at 6300rpms

3 pedals

Last edited by UdubBadger; 11-30-2012 at 09:55 AM.