E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #141
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
This thread makes me dissapointed. IIRC Stett headers are roughly the same as eBay replica headers- as they are built in China too. Most all of the China headers seem to be the same story.

Also an attempted group buy from Schmeidmann flamed out spectacularly a couple years back on this site. Does no one search? Their US distributor flaked and no one was willing to stage the product import and deal with distribution. But by all means good luck.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #142
darksideracer69

My Ride: 01 325ci
I'll be in Dallas. Want me to bring my car and do it there. Lol.

Sent from my Dell Streak

IMAG02051
darksideracer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #143
rkneeshaw

My Ride: 330i ZHP
I must have gotten real lucky, the ebay headers I ordered fit perfectly fine. I've had no issues.

rkneeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #144
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideracer69 View Post
Still no reply on fitment?

Sent from my Dell Streak
Headers is on their was back to us! We will be getting them installed with Dynos (before and after) and had teamed up with a Turner for Custom Tune for them

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #145
wellcoached

My Ride: 330i E46
Very interested in the dyno numbers
wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #146
jamex

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBrakes View Post
Headers is on their was back to us! We will be getting them installed with Dynos (before and after) and had teamed up with a Turner for Custom Tune for them

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
So basically the impartial opinion we were all looking for never existed and now were supposed to trust the vendors dyno to justify the price hike. Congrats on failing to differentiate your new product.

Remind us again what we're all supposed to be excited about?

E46 market is shrinking daily. You'd do well to pay attention to the pleas of this forum.
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #147
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamex View Post
So basically the impartial opinion we were all looking for never existed and now were supposed to trust the vendors dyno to justify the price hike. Congrats on failing to differentiate your new product.

E46 market is shrinking daily. You'd do well to pay attention to the pleas of this forum.
If you don't like the extra FREE information. Then that is fine with me. I thought the Forums members and future clients would like to see some numbers.

What price Hike? Price hasn't been settle or known as the order for these headers are not in production.

Excited? Another Option in the Market to get some decent headers for a decent pricing. By all means, if you like another route then go for it.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Last edited by BimmerBrakes; 09-11-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #148
darksideracer69

I think there are more e46s that are being modded now cause of the younger kids being able to get their hands on them. Interested in seeing dyno results.

Before and After tune of course

Sent from my Dell Streak

IMAG02051
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #149
bikeaddict

My Ride: e46 330ci
i'm more interested in information on fitment. Line up perfect to stock exhaust, clearance at engine mount and firewall, and 02 sensor clearance.
bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #150
///Mvious

My Ride: E46 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeaddict View Post
i'm more interested in information on fitment. Line up perfect to stock exhaust, clearance at engine mount and firewall, and 02 sensor clearance.
+ 1
///Mvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #151
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Quote:

Not sure what you are saying? You want a free set of headers to try out? It doesn't usually work like that.

Dyno's don't mean sh1t because there are so many variables. The biggest variable is the car and its condition. What may be a 10 whp gain on one car may be a 5whp gain on another and in some cases...you lose power.

At this price point, you're going to get what you get. The price is low because Bimmerbrakes didn't custom bend 30 different headers to get max power. Yes, it is a compromise. If you don't want to compromise...look at spending at least $1000.

You need to consider the design which is pretty simple in this case. If you ask me, this is a damned good deal for a good fitting header. The ebay headers have issues with the exhaust flanges not lining up well to the exhaust, causing exhaust fitment issues.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #152
bryce-o

My Ride: 330Ci ZHP 3 pedal
i actually think the bimmerbrakes headers / tune alliance will benefit the e46 community moreso than any other product/vendor has of late.

i run a tune with my technik headers, but i would've jumped all over hte BB headers and flash combo if it was available back when i installed the headers and flash.

some people are such cry babies on the boards. srsly.

Last edited by bryce-o; 09-12-2012 at 08:32 PM.
bryce-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #153
jamex

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
I was a little hasty with my reply so Anthony I apologize. I just dont understand how a third party could offer to fit and dyno them for you, only to ship them back after stalling for a few weeks while everyone was excited to see the results.

No love lost I hope. I was just a cranky douche
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #154
kraimer

My Ride: -04-330Ci-
Send a message via AIM to kraimer
Any word Anthony? I'm in search of headers right now and are very anxious to get my hands on a set of these...
kraimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #155
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Sorry for the stupid question guys, but headers for e46 will be like catalytic converters for other cars? Because I'm looking to change mine.
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #156
sedanpowersc

My Ride: 330i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedly View Post
Sorry for the stupid question guys, but headers for e46 will be like catalytic converters for other cars? Because I'm looking to change mine.
No...headers are headers for our car, the catalytic converter in attached to ours so aftermarket headers eliminate the cat and have better flow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

| BB Gen 3 Headers | Cosmos Racing V2 CAI | Muffler Delete | RE Underdrive Pulleys |
| 3.46 Diff | Tein S-Tech | Bilstein Sports | Hawk HPS | ASA AR1 | 35% Tint |
sedanpowersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #157
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanpowersc View Post
No...headers are headers for our car, the catalytic converter in attached to ours so aftermarket headers eliminate the cat and have better flow

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
So if I buy an aftermarket header , I don't need to worry about the catalytic converted yet I will need either slim o2 sensor or euroECU
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #158
darksideracer69

Trolling?

Sent from my Dell Streak

IMAG02051
Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #159
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

Quote:
I was a little hasty with my reply so Anthony I apologize. I just dont understand how a third party could offer to fit and dyno them for you, only to ship them back after stalling for a few weeks while everyone was excited to see the results.

No love lost I hope. I was just a cranky douche
All is well. These will be release so dont worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraimer View Post
Any word Anthony? I'm in search of headers right now and are very anxious to get my hands on a set of these...
I should here something back in a week or so...So sit tight
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #160
Davedoesskids

My Ride: E46 325i
It's been a week! I am keen for a set and tune too! :-)
Davedoesskids is offline   Reply With Quote