E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
m3dragon

My Ride: CSL M3 / 1M
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
North America gathering at Yellowstone, EPIC road trip 2013

Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Epic drive and meet 2013

First item: I have gotten some flak from people on the different forms for putting this on as well as asking people to only post if they were going or at least seriously interested. I am not being paid to do this nor am I asking for money. I am doing this because I love to drive and seem to be one of the few people out in the community willing to take on such a headache. All I ask is if you are going to post on this thread, please be serious about attending. Just posting to say "say not for me" or "to far" makes the thread long and does not add value. Thank you.

Second item: There is no way I can please everyone for this event and nor am I trying to do so. I have done my best to make an event that balances the areas I felt were important.
  1. Being able to see the sights you have not seen as well as take your ride on a drive you normally would never do.
  2. Being able to drive the car in a fun manner at some points to "stretch its legs".
  3. Make a successful event that we can have move across North America to see the sights.

Dates of the event

June 24-28 - for meet and group activities. If you include driving to base camp it would be June 22nd - June 30th possibly depending on location you are starting from.

Base camp will be West Yellowstone. There is plenty of lodging, parking and activities for a hopefully big group. I will be working on group rates at the first of the year for everyone.
  • June 24th, 2013 - Yellowstone park North loop
  • June 25th, 2013 - Yellowstone park South Loop
  • June 26th, 2013 - Beartooth Pass drive. (This will be the drive day and will make for some great roads. This will be a LONG day, as we will cover some miles)
  • June 27th, 2013 - Leave West Yellowstone and travel to Jackson WY
    - Explore Grand Tetons during the day on the way to Jackson WY
  • June 28th, 2013 - Explore Grand Tetons

In an effort to help facilitate getting people in touch with each other to arrange caravans, I have made a form that I will use to populate a Google document. I am the only one who will see this as a FYI.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...eW9RcFlhQUE6MQ

What will we be doing there?

We are in the oldest national park in the world so we will be seeing the sights and doing some walking around. In addition, a few others and I are trying to arrange some group photo shots at the parks attractions. I have included one day for just pure driving for those who are interested.

What will this cost me to go?

You will be responsible for fuel, lodging, food, park fees and anything else you might want to do. The only fee that is 100% for sure is the $25 for a 7 day pass which allows you to see both Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

If I get enough people interested, I could have some removable decals made to be placed on the side of the car to be like we are on a rally event. If you want me to look into these costs, let me know on the form above.

This sounds LAME!

I know some of you have posted you hated Yellowstone and would just do the Grand Teton or you just want to hall ass around all day seeing what your car can do. Sorry this is not the place to do that. The best explanation I can say why this is not lame is because you are going on a ROAD TRIP, which to me has always been a reason to go to places. This also is a continental wide event that hopefully will be the first of many more to come. Therefore, if you still think this is a lame idea then I wish you a safe summer in your adventures.

Currently I have four cars from Sacramento area 100% going. In addition, I know of a few in Montana that will be attending. This means we have about eight cars ranging from BMW, Audi, Ferrari and Lotus already attending.

If you wish to email me directly my email is norcal.drivers@gmail.com. Please make sure to let me know you are asking about Yellowstone as I organize many drives for the NorCal enthusiasts.

Cheers

Adam

Here are some sample images of the visit my wife and I did in 2011 in our 2006 E90.

Last edited by m3dragon; 10-22-2012 at 01:30 PM.
m3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
hcardona111793

My Ride: 2004 325i
no.
hcardona111793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
xi325xi02

My Ride: 325xi
Drive to wyoming for another drive.. I like going to meets and cruises but this seems a little much

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad328i View Post
you want ladys damm, get a punchin hard ass sound system
I HATE CVT'S
xi325xi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
m3dragon

This is a road trip not just a meet. No one said you had to go, the idea is to take a longer drive than a local meet. I already know 98% of the people reading this will not go cause (reason) which is fine. However this is a idea to get a group to travel to some place people say hey lets go there but never do.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
m3dragon

Just a update to all. I am working out the details for the event and welcome any suggestions or ideas. PM me with them and so i can review them all to finish building us a game plan.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Sweetness
E46 is strong with this one

My Ride: '01 325i
you have a ferrari too?
Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
m3dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
you have a ferrari too?
Err uh no... where did you get that idea? Thought about getting one then said I drive to much so bought a 1M instead. Less time in the shop with BMW's.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Great thread. Thanks for the road trip info.
I'll be sure to visit there on my road trip through the states.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Why would you post 219 times on a ferrari forum if you don't have a ferrari?

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
m3dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Why would you post 219 times on a ferrari forum if you don't have a ferrari?
What is with the "troll" factor here. I organize drives for people no matter what they ride or drive. I have been doing this for 10 years and have made many friends on the different forums. I post on the Ferrari forums for the guys who drive their cars. I also post on Audi, Lotus and so on. I do not need the car to post there to say if you want to drive come on out.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
bighitbiker3

My Ride: Nothing as of yet.
Sounds like a ton of fun! Just have to make sure there are some great drives mapped out over there. If I can get the time off I'll definitely try to come out.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Sounds like a great idea, OP. How much ballpark would this run? (lodging/campgrounds only)

Don't mind the trolls here. Obviously you've done quite well for yourself owning a 1M. These guys are just jelly.

I'm sure my cooling system is more than up to the task

And I'm bunking with DMAX. (If he goes)

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
m3dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Sounds like a great idea, OP. How much ballpark would this run? (lodging/campgrounds only)
Don't mind the trolls here. Obviously you've done quite well for yourself owning a 1M. These guys are just jelly.
I'm sure my cooling system is more than up to the task
And I'm bunking with DMAX. (If he goes)
Oh I know all about the forums HAHA. Been doing this a while so this is no the first brick thrown my way.

As for cost, Fuel is a wild card so can't figure that one out for you. (depends on how heavy your right foot is ;-)

Hotels should be about 80-100 a night or less. I will be working on group rates to get the cost down for everyone. With multiple forums and my own car club, I hope to get enough interest to get us some steals as well as some park access that is normally not given.

Best I can give you know. As I work out details I will post them.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I'll leave right away so I'm not late!

My sister has camped in Yellowstone in the winter and says it's amazing there. Someday I'll have to go...and Mango, I'm afraid I'll have to make you a provisional bunky...I've done a lot of work here helping out our female fanatics and I just know that one or two of them will want to bunk with me. If there are three that just have to be with me, maybe we can work something out...but, you know, if they have to have me, I have to say I understand completely.

I've got a bit of experience and know some things that, well, let's just say...I know some things!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
GhostFlame

My Ride: LSB/HPF
Yellowstone, 2012.. not a good idea bro.
GhostFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
m3dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFlame View Post
Yellowstone, 2012.. not a good idea bro.
where did you get 2012?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
GhostFlame

My Ride: LSB/HPF
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
where did you get 2012?
From Jesus.
GhostFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I'll leave right away so I'm not late!

My sister has camped in Yellowstone in the winter and says it's amazing there. Someday I'll have to go...and Mango, I'm afraid I'll have to make you a provisional bunky...I've done a lot of work here helping out our female fanatics and I just know that one or two of them will want to bunk with me. If there are three that just have to be with me, maybe we can work something out...but, you know, if they have to have me, I have to say I understand completely.

I've got a bit of experience and know some things that, well, let's just say...I know some things!
lol bring a garden hose, a stethescope and some rubber conditioner, i'm all in. I've helped quite a few female fanatics too. if we both helped the same ones, we might have a dilemma on our hands.

Sharing is caring!

Maybe DMAX can sponsor me. you fly out to SoCal and we'll make the drive in my car. we'll stop every 500 miles to replace the entire cooling systems. So Dmax, i need you to order what? four complete cooling systems?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I have three complete cooling systems in my trunk already...but just two complete sets of suspension components. It's great traction for the Yellowstone winter!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #20
DDNPresident

My Ride: 2004 325i (E46)
Send a message via AIM to DDNPresident
Sounds awesome. But a drive from Miami,Fl would be a bit far. I would need a whole harem of women to be waiting ,spread eagle ,for my arrival.