E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #41
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
so if my upgrade is june 26 i can still upgrade at the lower cost and keep my unlimited data?
yup. i just used my upgrade at best buy for an iphone 4 and ended up paying only $30 bucks for the buyback program (they gave me a $50 gift card and applied it directly) payed nothing for the phone ... so when I want to upgrade to the iphone 5 or iphone 6 i'll have another upgrade and they'll purchase my iphone 4 for anywhere from $350-180 depending on how long its been since I got it.

the costs for the shared data plans are ABSOLUTELY ridiculous

2gb SHARED = $60.00.

So if you have 4 phones on your line it will cost $40 per smart phone, ($30 for basic phones) and $60 for 2gb... you are already at $220... then they charge you $15 per GB over your shared limit.

oh yeah, verizon now CHARGES you on phone upgrades... $30.00

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion

Last edited by DME46; 06-21-2012 at 09:36 AM.
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #42
CharlzO

My Ride: 2000 328ci
The thing that irks me (and don't get me wrong, I love my Verizon service itself, but...)... is that the whole time we were told "we're upgrading to LTE, it'll be much faster, and more people can be supported, etc etc yadda yadda". And all they've been doing, is pushing people AWAY from using Network Data. I mean, when reps are being told to push WiFi to people, how are we supposed to feel about this wonderous new Network?

For anyone who uses any real data at all, the new Shared plans are a joke. As I told a buddy of mine (who's a sales rep now), I think it's greedy. He started with his programmed "well the shared plan..". and I stopped him. I told him look, here's the deal. If I go on vacation, and I am traveling down the road with a car full of people, who want to watch a movie, what happens. I turn on my hotspot, they fire up Netflix, and then BAM, there goes another GB+ in ONE movie. if that puts me over a limit, that means that one movie just cost me at least 15 bucks. I could've BOUGHT the fugging movie for that.

I don't use a ton, maybe 5 GBs a month on my phone. GFs is maybe 1-2 on hers, same with our third phone. There's no savings to be had for our usage on the new plan, and we get nothing for the deal. We would now be screwed if we used more data (which will likely happen once LTW hits full force here, since we can go through it faster), and the unlimited min/txts mean nothing to us, since we have unlimited texting already, and we use maybe 300 mins a month between all the phones.

T-Mobile (and any service that piggybacks off it) doesn't even come close to working here, and nor do some of the other options. AT&T has worse coverage here in most spots, and slower. And they'll be changing anyway to something similar. I love the service I get from Verizon phones and coverage. That's not the issue. And I know it's a business, who's aim is to maximize profit for shareholders and employees. But at some point, there is a line where it goes from being great business management, to greedy and alienating customers.
CharlzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #43
SuperFan86

My Ride: 2003 325i
Just pulled the trigger today and used my last new-every-two upgrade discount to cash in on the Galaxy S3. Locked in for 2 years now with my unlimited. Other 3 lines on my plan are on tiered data so they won't care about the change (thank God).

My company discount waves the upgrade fee ($30). So I'm walking away with the phone for $150. Not bad considering Verizon gave me 3 different model phones over the last 1.5 years and will be selling my free Rezound for at least that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.
SuperFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #44
350ZBOY

My Ride: TL type S
Virgin Mobile(sprint) has the iPhone 4s unltd everything, i'm assuming it's goin to be around 60/ month.

T-Mobile pre-paid 4G is $50 Unltd everything
no offense to the owners on here, but I've never met a 350Z owner that wasn't a douche. are you a douche?
350ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
yup. i just used my upgrade at best buy for an iphone 4
lol... 3G for the next 2 years? No thanks They'll be on LTE-A by then.

Tiered LTE > unlimited slow VZW 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlzO View Post
The thing that irks me (and don't get me wrong, I love my Verizon service itself, but...)... is that the whole time we were told "we're upgrading to LTE, it'll be much faster, and more people can be supported, etc etc yadda yadda". And all they've been doing, is pushing people AWAY from using Network Data. I mean, when reps are being told to push WiFi to people, how are we supposed to feel about this wonderous new Network?

For anyone who uses any real data at all, the new Shared plans are a joke. As I told a buddy of mine (who's a sales rep now), I think it's greedy. He started with his programmed "well the shared plan..". and I stopped him. I told him look, here's the deal. If I go on vacation, and I am traveling down the road with a car full of people, who want to watch a movie, what happens. I turn on my hotspot, they fire up Netflix, and then BAM, there goes another GB+ in ONE movie. if that puts me over a limit, that means that one movie just cost me at least 15 bucks. I could've BOUGHT the fugging movie for that.

I don't use a ton, maybe 5 GBs a month on my phone. GFs is maybe 1-2 on hers, same with our third phone. There's no savings to be had for our usage on the new plan, and we get nothing for the deal. We would now be screwed if we used more data (which will likely happen once LTW hits full force here, since we can go through it faster), and the unlimited min/txts mean nothing to us, since we have unlimited texting already, and we use maybe 300 mins a month between all the phones.

T-Mobile (and any service that piggybacks off it) doesn't even come close to working here, and nor do some of the other options. AT&T has worse coverage here in most spots, and slower. And they'll be changing anyway to something similar. I love the service I get from Verizon phones and coverage. That's not the issue. And I know it's a business, who's aim is to maximize profit for shareholders and employees. But at some point, there is a line where it goes from being great business management, to greedy and alienating customers.
I think the basic problem is that Verizon has a big ego. They have the best network by far and away, and they know it. They just added 46 new LTE markets, and expanded coverage in 22 existing markets yesterday. AT&T adds markets 1 or 2 at a time... Sprint's LTE hasn't even gone live yet i dont think (maybe 6 cities), and T-MO hasn't even started rolling it out yet. It's a runaway lead and they are cashing in on it. To them, they are an M3 and everyone else is a Camry.

Verizon launches LTE in 46 new markets; now covers 304 markets across the US

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
Just pulled the trigger today and used my last new-every-two upgrade discount to cash in on the Galaxy S3. Locked in for 2 years now with my unlimited. Other 3 lines on my plan are on tiered data so they won't care about the change (thank God).

My company discount waves the upgrade fee ($30). So I'm walking away with the phone for $150. Not bad considering Verizon gave me 3 different model phones over the last 1.5 years and will be selling my free Rezound for at least that much.
Unlimited LTE for the next 2 years, thats more like it
jeffro3000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #46
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
lol... 3G for the next 2 years? No thanks They'll be on LTE-A by then.

Tiered LTE > unlimited slow VZW 3G
Who said for the next two years? I just paid $30 for an iPhone 4 and Best Buy will buy it back for $300-180 when my upgrade is due in less than 6 months and get a new droid or iphone 5/6 (if I wait that long.)

Phone is way too ugly for me. I'm coming from a Storm 2... iPhone 4 is more than sufficient enough... I do most of my online stuff at home anyways, so the "slow" unlimited 3g is preferred. Just need it to simply browse on the go. Upgrade and keep my unlimited for only $30 and Best Buy guarantee's me a minimum of $180 back after a year and a half? I'll take it.

Quote:
Unlimited LTE for the next 2 years, thats more like it
Let's just hope Verizon doesn't throttle his "unlimited" data.

Verizon is screwing the consumer big time.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion

Last edited by DME46; 06-21-2012 at 12:42 PM.
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #47
jeffro3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Who said for the next two years? I just paid $30 for an iPhone 4 and Best Buy will buy it back for $300-180 when my upgrade is due in less than 6 months and get a new droid or iphone 5/6 (if I wait that long.)

Phone is way too ugly for me. I'm coming from a Storm 2... iPhone 4 is more than sufficient enough... I do most of my online stuff at home anyways, so the "slow" unlimited 3g is preferred. Just need it to simply browse on the go. Upgrade and keep my unlimited for only $30 and Best Buy guarantee's me a minimum of $180 back after a year and a half? I'll take it.

Let's just hope Verizon doesn't throttle his "unlimited" data.

Verizon is screwing the consumer big time.
Oh I thought you meant you used your vzw upgrade on the iphone 4, locking in 2 more years so I was like WTF.

I have unlimited LTE and I've never noticed throttling before. Gone north of 8 gigs before, used to average around 5 or 6. vzw throttling is less invasive than AT&T's

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #48
scroades

My Ride: 2005 330ci
So, I received an email earlier today from Verizon. They are offering me an upgrade to 4G while still keeping my unlimited. Has anyone done this, or are they full of sh!t?

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer App
scroades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #49
emmm_three

My Ride: ML350/325i/330ci/M3
service providers need to make money on the data because there is no more money in the voice/text world. Blame the iphone for starting the revolution
Old 06-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #50
SuperFan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroades View Post
So, I received an email earlier today from Verizon. They are offering me an upgrade to 4G while still keeping my unlimited. Has anyone done this, or are they full of sh!t?

A coworker of mine just got the same email. They offered her $100 bucks off a droid 4, Razr, and another device she couldn't remember. The deal is legit, just make sure you do it ON OR BEFORE the 28th or you WILL loose your unlimited plan.

They offered me the same deal when the Iphone 4s came out. I got an email telling me to check my account and that I was "upgrade eligible."

I wonder if Verizon has selectively offered this promotion to users based on data usage or maybe they have too many preorders for the S3 and are trying to push some of the more available phones now?

Quote:
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #51
SuperFan86

Anyone else see this on Verizon's site....

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...alPhoneId=5918

Quote:
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #52
scroades

I did see that but wasn't sure if I needed it. I do need my unlimited plan, so I bit the bullet and upgraded before it was too late.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #53
jeffro3000

Well guys the time has come. Hope you've upgraded already if you could. If not, you'll be paying a lot more for a phone if you want to keep unlimited data.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #54
SuperFan86

Quote:
Well guys the time has come. Hope you've upgraded already if you could. If not, you'll be paying a lot more for a phone if you want to keep unlimited data.
I think today is the last day, so if you have the option, GO GO GO!!!

Quote:
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #55
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
so if i want to keep my unlimited plan i just have to pay full price for a phone. do i have to sign a contract if i'm paying full price? it would be nice to not be tied down with a contract so i can cancel anytime. just upgraded wife's line on the 26th. whew.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #56
scroades

I am not really sure about that. It is all very confusing, but I do know that there is a lot of info about it on XDA Dev.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #57
pointman

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
I think today is the last day, so if you have the option, GO GO GO!!!
According to Verizon, yesterday was the last day.
pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #58
jeffro3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
do i have to sign a contract if i'm paying full price?
no.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #59
jeffro3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
According to Verizon, yesterday was the last day.
correct. Today is the launch of the new plans. Its on their website now (verizonwireless). Yesterday was the last day of the old plans.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #60
Show me

My Ride: 330 Vert
So I'm the only one who won't pay any more... Interesting.

I'll give up my unlimited data (but apparently used it much differently than some others do - high of 336MB in the last 6 months), but I'll get to stop paying for the other two limited data plans and will get $30 knocked off by not paying separately for unlimited texting on all three phones. That translates into $80 to put toward the new data plan, which pays for way more than we normally use. Will I have to monitor it a lot closer now? Yes. If they hadn't screwed with the per line access fees, I'd actually come out ahead in the switch. That $9.99 per phone jumping to $40 is the real problem for users like me!
Show me is offline   Reply With Quote