E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
CSL323

My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
LCM and ECU Programmed. (Video) + Extra info for halogen to OEM Xenon conversions

Hey guys, just demonstrating a few features activated by a fellow fanatic (Jall). It began with programming the LCM to support the OEM Xenon ballasts and igniters that I had installed. We eventually moved on and did:

-Indicators flash twice on unlock. (Previously, the car only flashed on lock)
-Rear windows close with key.
-6000K CCFL AE's triggered using parking lights.
-Don't display globe out for parking lights (The CCFL angel eyes probably would've set it off)
-Auto-Lock doors at 16KM/h

And here's some fun photos of the car!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=927133

All questions welcome.

And if you're wondering what I mean by "Reborn" all the time, check out my website...

------------------

Extra info for people doing halogen to OEM Xenon conversion:
-If you want to keep your car as BMW as you can, I'd recommend this route, however you MUST have a way to get it to work properly otherwise you'll get erratic flickering while your engine is on. You can take two routes again with this:

1. Replace your LCM (BEWARE: YOU WILL RECEIVE A TAMPER DOT)
2. Have your current LCM reprogrammed. (Recommended). This can be performed by a fellow enthusiast, yourself, a BMW Dealer or Indy BM Workshop.

What do I recommend you use if you want to reprogram your LCM?
People on the forum told me:
Quote:
An '06 LCM can't be programmed
They were wrong. Use P.A Soft available here. The software is free, but you need to get the connector, which is like 30 dollars anyway so it's worth getting!!

PM me for more info.

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual

Last edited by CSL323; 06-13-2012 at 02:57 AM.
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
jaymemaurice

My Ride: 01 330ci, 03 Passat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL323 View Post
The software is free, but you need to get the connector, which is like 30 dollars anyway so it's worth getting!!
The software IS NOT FREE. You can download it freely... but those chinese cables are not legally licensed.

Rain Sensor Retrofit: Here
Coupe Headline Replacement: Here
jaymemaurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
CSL323

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymemaurice View Post
The software IS NOT FREE. You can download it freely... but those chinese cables are not legally licensed.
Quote:
For learning possibilities of V1.4.0 the full-function demo is developed. This demo software can connects with car by means of any standard K-line adapter.
That's my reference. I haven't got the software, however you have my permission to pay $650.00 for it.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
nice video! your car looks really nice man, and great job with the coding... jall knows his stuff!!

with the rear pillar light, those things are an absolute nightmare to pull apart.. the first time i took it out it took me bloody ages, and it was so hard to open the actual housing... i can't really say much else on them other than you most likely will snap some of the little plastic pins when you try opening it up lol. can't say i didn't warn you!
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
CSL323

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.k View Post
nice video! your car looks really nice man, and great job with the coding... jall knows his stuff!!

with the rear pillar light, those things are an absolute nightmare to pull apart.. the first time i took it out it took me bloody ages, and it was so hard to open the actual housing... i can't really say much else on them other than you most likely will snap some of the little plastic pins when you try opening it up lol. can't say i didn't warn you!
Cheers mate! Yes he was an absolute pleasure to work with! Came out all the way to the west to do my car cause I have no plates.

Yes! That's why I don't want to pull it open