E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
John from jersey
Creation awaits

My Ride: Gallardo, CLS55
Angry A company that is suppose to be TOP NOTCH

i find out they mounted one of my directional tires on the wrong way and also improperly balanced ALL 4 wheels. Sucks cause this co. is in Mass and im in NJ. Hopefully they respond to my email and send me a REFUND. This sucks! wish i would have discovered this sooner
John from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:26 PM   #2
Mr.Stream

My Ride: '07 BMW Z4C 3,0SI
Send a message via AIM to Mr.Stream Send a message via MSN to Mr.Stream
That is why I do those things myself.

Hellrot '07 BMW Z4 Coupe 3,0SI
Sparkling Graphite '06 BMW 318i Touring
Mr.Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
John from jersey
Creation awaits

i dont have the machinery to do these tasks or believe me....i would have

can u beleive this place has its own race cars and cant get this simple task right?.....modding is stressful!

Last edited by John from jersey; 06-02-2002 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:34 PM   #4
UltimateOne
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar

My Ride: 15 ISM WRX
Send a message via AIM to UltimateOne
jESus.....sucks man??????????? Damn.
UltimateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 10:03 PM   #5
Imola Ed
That's a lot of nuts!

My Ride: Formerly:2002 ACS M3
Send a message via AIM to Imola Ed
That is really surprising. I'm sure they'll take care of you somehow (and not in the mafioso way).
Old 06-02-2002, 10:04 PM   #6
TBT323

My Ride: Dumped E46 sedan
Send a message via AIM to TBT323
Quote:
Originally posted by John from jersey
can u beleive this place has its own race cars and cant get this simple task right?.....modding is stressful!
MA + Race cars = turner?
I felt the same way when I was sent a wrong sized wheel to replace a bent rim, especially since I was riding with three 19's and one 16' spare. (not from turner though, this was a place from CA).... Topnotch? yea, i thought the same too

TBT323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 10:42 PM   #7
hua15

My Ride: 330i
TBT323!

Dude, I like your car, post some more pictures.

-Hua
hua15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 11:27 PM   #8
CTOM9
Man, myth, living legend...

My Ride: B6 S4
John,

Feeling your pain. Once again, Top Notch falls way short.

My problems are with a body shop (supposedly the best on Staten Island) that had mounted my ACS roof spoiler on the roof. It took them two days to get the glue roof, then another three to re-paint the entire roof. Now, this weekend, I discovered that the weather stripping piece under the chrome trim is missing.

I HATE letting someone else touch my car. If I wasn't out of town for business, I would have mounted both spoilers (M3 lip and ACS roof) myself, I figured, there the best shop around, and mounting spoilers is the easiest mod possible - how could they screw it up. Well.................
Old 06-02-2002, 11:30 PM   #9
SteveAceVA

My Ride: 03' CB M3
That really sucks. I brought my car in for regular maintenance (under warranty) and they put my front rims on wrong (against tread). Thank god I noticed it before driving in the rain. Good luck with the refund.

SteveAceVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 11:35 PM   #10
BAVARIAN323i
Ballin'

My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via AIM to BAVARIAN323i
where in mass is this place and whats the name

1999 e46
-Jim Confronti Shark Injector Software
-18x8.5 Breyton Inspirations
-Bridgestone S-03 Potenza Pole Positionís
-H&R CupKit w/ M3 RSM & Z3 plate
-UUC Pedals
-European Lights w/ Silvervision Bulbs all around
-DEI Shock Sensor
BAVARIAN323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 11:37 PM   #11
UltimateOne

Quote:
Originally posted by BAVARIAN323i
where in mass is this place and whats the name
Turner Motorsport - Amesbury Mass off of 495
Old 06-02-2002, 11:45 PM   #12
Anthony
Bimmerless

My Ride: '09 FX35
Get it fixed, and send them the receipt. They should be embarrassed.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 11:54 PM   #13
John from jersey
Creation awaits

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Get it fixed, and send them the receipt. They should be embarrassed.
leavin it this way untill i see money comin my way and get my front tire inspected ...may need a new tire...gotta keep the evidence of this untill i see the check in mail...possibly for a new S-03....i have confidence that they will handle it properly...but if they dont..... having the existing problem still there will provide MAJOR proof that they screwed up...

musta been the new guy there, cause this is not like them
Old 06-03-2002, 08:24 PM   #14
fla_esp

My Ride: e39, Non BMW Product
Please help me to understand... I know what directional tires are, but how did they end up on your car wrong? Was your car at their shop and they mounted the tires, balanced them and put them on the car wrong? If so I hope the drive from MA to NJ did not destroy your tires but the only way to find out may be to drive on the tires with them mounted the proper way, see if they cup, tear, etc...

I think for our sake a good explanation of what occurred would be helpful, I read this and the first thing I thought was, oops someone was sent wheels and tires mounted and put em on the wrong side of the car....
fla_esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:34 PM   #15
UltimateOne

Also somebody told me today that Turner does not mount or balance tires....so I dont know??
Old 06-03-2002, 09:01 PM   #16
berman66

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Send a message via AIM to berman66
John i had mine done at the local gas staion in cali

my local gas station consists of 2 ex ferrari mechanics, 1 f1 mechanic, and all they do mostly is ferrari and austin martin. They charge insane rates for labor and i know them well. Well u think guys have 3 modena's sitting out front could do it right but my back left and back right tires were switched. They paid for it when i found out but i mean if my guys could do it anyone can mess up. Like when i want in they had a new austin martin with the engine half out and modena a 512 and a 355 outside.
berman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 11:20 PM   #17
John from jersey
Creation awaits

Quote:
Originally posted by EricScottPaul(fla_esp)
Please help me to understand... I know what directional tires are, but how did they end up on your car wrong? Was your car at their shop and they mounted the tires, balanced them and put them on the car wrong? If so I hope the drive from MA to NJ did not destroy your tires but the only way to find out may be to drive on the tires with them mounted the proper way, see if they cup, tear, etc...

I think for our sake a good explanation of what occurred would be helpful, I read this and the first thing I thought was, oops someone was sent wheels and tires mounted and put em on the wrong side of the car....

Eric...Im not a moron, i know how to properly place my wheels on the car(although this did come to my mind at first) The arrow is facing the WRONG way on ONE of the front tires. No matter if you mount on the left side of the car or the right. Tread will still be reversed on ONE front wheel. The weights inside the wheel are not BALANCED. They are in the wrong spots and is causing the steering wheel to SIMMY/VIBRATE. It was there before(had new wheels and tires for months), but has become more prominent now that car is inches off the ground and more pressure is being placed on the tire to be 100% balanced, due to camber and enhanced steering feedback. Thought it was just tramlining caused by the huge tires, now i know its not. I know they are unproperly balance because i took them to a mechanic yesterday, in which he examined and stated so. I left em this way cause i paid for their services and need to get my money back. I can take pics if u still dont understand. and even a video of my steering wheel...lol

UltimateOne: They mounted, balanced and shipped my wheels to my house months ago. I called Turner today and the customer service representative told me that Will Turner is going to take care of this directly.They came from Turner and Will Turner is calling me tomorrow to get this settled. Ill keep u all posted on what they say.

Like i said....wish i would have noticed this soooner...been driving around like this for months, but even at that...car maybe got 1,000 miles with the new tires and wheels
Old 06-03-2002, 11:55 PM   #18
fla_esp

My Ride: e39, Non BMW Product
Quote:
Originally posted by John from jersey

Eric...Im not a moron, i know how to properly place my wheels on the car(although this did come to my mind at first) The arrow is facing the WRONG way on ONE of the front tires. No matter if you mount on the left side of the car or the right. Tread will still be reversed on ONE front wheel. The weights inside the wheel are not BALANCED. They are in the wrong spots and is causing the steering wheel to SIMMY/VIBRATE. It was there before(had new wheels and tires for months), but has become more prominent now that car is inches off the ground and more pressure is being placed on the tire to be 100% balanced, due to camber and enhanced steering feedback. Thought it was just tramlining caused by the huge tires, now i know its not. I know they are unproperly balance because i took them to a mechanic yesterday, in which he examined and stated so. I left em this way cause i paid for their services and need to get my money back. I can take pics if u still dont understand. and even a video of my steering wheel...lol

UltimateOne: They mounted, balanced and shipped my wheels to my house months ago. I called Turner today and the customer service representative told me that Will Turner is going to take care of this directly.They came from Turner and Will Turner is calling me tomorrow to get this settled. Ill keep u all posted on what they say.

Like i said....wish i would have noticed this soooner...been driving around like this for months, but even at that...car maybe got 1,000 miles with the new tires and wheels
I knew exactly what you were saying, I just thought it would be smart for you to provide more of an explanation to those that did not or maybe did not pick up on exactly what you had done/found. You indeed need 2 tires that rotate clockwise on the right side and 2 that rotate counterclockwise on the other side, not 3 one way and 1 the other way, lol...
fla_esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 12:03 AM   #19
John from jersey
Creation awaits

Quote:
Originally posted by EricScottPaul(fla_esp)

I knew exactly what you were saying, I just thought it would be smart for you to provide more of an explanation to those that did not or maybe did not pick up on exactly what you had done/found. You indeed need 2 tires that rotate clockwise on the right side and 2 that rotate counterclockwise on the other side, not 3 one way and 1 the other way, lol...

i wasnt in a normal state of mind and that would have been conveyed in my post yesterday...im calm now...lol

Last edited by John from jersey; 06-04-2002 at 12:13 AM.